Is it okay to just give up fighting when you're feeling depressed and just hope it goes away sooner than later?
Please don’t give up. You are loved and you matter. You are not alone in the fight, and you are worth the fight.
I know that sounds like platitudes right now, because Depression does its best to weigh us down and make us believe that we’re never going to get through it, but we always do.
It worries me that you’re talking about giving up. I want you to talk to a professional as soon as you can. Here are some resources:
- NAMI’s helpline: 800-950-6264
- OK 2 Talk: http://ok2talk.org/
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Call 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line – Text NAMI to 741-741
And here are some things I do to help myself when I’m struggling:
- Take a shower.
- Eat a nutritious meal.
- Take a walk outside (even if it’s literally to the corner and back).
- Do something – throw a ball, play tug of war, give belly rubs – with a dog. Just about any activity with my dogs, even if it’s just a snuggle on the couch for a few minutes, helps me.
- Do five minutes of yoga stretching.
- Listen to a guided meditation and follow along as best as you can.
I’m sorry you’re suffering right now. That sucks a lot. I’m suffering right now too, and I went to my doctor today so we could talk about switching up my meds to help me get better. If I can do it, so can you. I promise.
Please check in with me in a day or two and let me know how you’re doing.