Official Tumblr App for Android Receives Major Overhaul!
The last time I used the official Tumblr app for Android was a few months ago, or longer, who knows. But point is is that my experience with the app was a pretty horrible one because simply put, the app itself was horrible. Posts took forever to load, and when the posts did load, they were blurry until they finally loaded. Everything about the app was slow as molasses. Gifs did not animate. Reblogging posts took an effort, a few tries. Constant crashes. Was so bad I decided just to use the mobile web version of Tumblr, which seemed to solve everything, but an official Tumblr app that actually worked would be so much better.
So with that said, the team at Tumblr finally took the time to majorly overhaul the official app, not just a few small stitches here and there, but a major one. The look and feel has seen a much needed change, now has multiple blog support, better post creating, can register a new account within the app, can view messages, new page for just ‘Likes’, etc, etc, etc.
Here’s an official list of some of the changes:
- New interface: A total redesign centered around Android’s hardware and software.
- Manage multiple blogs: It’s now a simple swipe to access your different blogs and manage your drafts, queue and followers on-the-go.
- Create a post: We’ve highlighted posting to Tumblr so you can share text, images, links, chats, quotes and videos whenever you want.
- Messages: View and reply to messages for each of your blogs.
- Address book: Find people to follow from your phone’s address book.
- New users: Sign up right from the app.
- Bonus: For quick sharing, you can post anything from your home screen via the Tumblr widget.