Hello !!! And welcome to my (not so new) studyblr !
I’m Elea and I join tumblr two years ago and it’s been two years since I discover studyblr and reblog everything I like so today I’m finally introducing myself !
About me !
○ I’m a girl, 17 yo and from France
○ I’ll be a “college freshman” next year (2017-2018)
○ My personnality type is INFP-T, my zodiac sign is sagittarius and I’m a Gryffinfor/Pukwoodgenie
○ I speak french, english and spanish (not perfectly for the last two, sorry)
Things I love :
○ Music ! All kind ! From kpop to the beatles going through the neighbourhood and OST. I LOVE music !
○ Photography ! The picture up there is mine btw
○ TV shows (definitely don’t help with procrastination …) I like k-dramas, marvel tv shows and more
○ Bullet journaling ! It’s been a year since I start mine and I’m crazy about it !
○ My friends ! It might sound cheesy but they are my life ! I don’t know what I would be without them !
○ Travelling ! My parents gave me their love for travel and I got the chance to go to Canada, New York City and China among others. But three dreams of mine are to do a backpacking worldtour, USA roadtrip (how cliché) and a European capital tour (next summer hopefully)
School stuff :
○ I’m heading over the Université de technologie de Troyes next year to become a mechanical engineer but I don‘t know yet which class i’ll take next semester. I’ll definitely make a post about it soon !
○ This summer I’m reviewing/learning again my english grammar to improve my skills (I apologize if I made mistakes …)
Why this blog ?
○ I love learning and I do like school but it’s really hard (if not impossible) for me to only make one thing at a time … I wish posting stuff will help me ! So to stay focus
Single released "Deeper Deeper/Nothing Helps" 09.01.2013
Album released "Jinsei x Boku =" 06.03.2013
SIMPLE PLAN feat Taka "SummerParadise" 19.03.2013
Live Ustream "ONE OK ROCK x FALL OUT BOYS" 01.04.2013
Talk show "TWENTY ONE PILOT x Taka" 9.04.04.2013
Tour "Jinsei x Kimi =" Sapporo 11.05.2013
Tour "Jinsei x Kimi =" Fukuoka 19.05.2013
Tour "Jinsei x Kimi =" Kanagawa YA 23/25/26.05.2013
Tour "Jinsei x Kimi =" Osaka 01/02.06.2013
Tour "Jinsei x Kimi =" Sendai 08/09.06.2013
Tour "Jinsei x Kimi =" Nagoya 15/16.06.2013
MIYAKO ISLAND ROCK FESTIVAL 2013 22.06.2013
Amuse 35th Anniversary BBQ in つま恋 13/14.07.2013
SHIBUYA AX SiM "EViLS TOUR 2013" 21.07.2013
ROCK IN JAPAN FESTIVAL 02.08.2013
SUMMER SONIC 10.08.2013
MONSTER baSH 24.08.2013
Sky Jamboree 25.08.2013
SWEET LOVE SHOWER 01.09.2013
DREAM FESTIVAL 22.09.2013
MATCH VOX "マキシマム ザ ホルモン x OOR" 29.09.2013
KLUB COUNTER ACTION MIYAKO "Acoustic Tour" 04.10.2013
LIVEHOUSE FREAKS "Acoustic Tour" 05.10.2013
BLUE RESISITANCE "Acoustic Tour" 07.10.2013 Released DVD "Jinsei x Kimi = Tour Live & Film" 09.10.2013 "Who are you?? Who are we?? Tour" Paris 23.10.2013 "Who are you?? Who are we?? Tour" Bonn 24.10.2013 "Who are you?? Who are we?? Tour" London 26.10.2013 "Who are you?? Who are we?? Tour" Paris 27.10.2013 "Who are you?? Who are we?? Tour" Amsterdam 29.10.2013 "Who are you?? Who are we?? Tour" Hong Kong 08.11.2013 "Who are you?? Who are we?? Tour" Seoul 10.11.2013 Talk Show "Avril Lavigne x ONE OK ROCK" ?.11.2013 "Who are you?? Who are we?? Tour" Bangkok 19.11.2013 "Who are you?? Who are we?? Tour" Malaysia 21.11.2013 "Who are you?? Who are we?? Tour" Singapore 22.11.2013 "Who are you?? Who are we?? Tour" Jakarta 24.11.2013 "Who are you?? Who are we?? Tour" Taiwan 07.12.2013 FM802 RADIO CRAZY 28.12.2013 COUNTDOWN JAPAN 13/14 31.12.2013
- Hi Thomas! Thank you for according this interview, all of us fans are so excited about the upcoming album and tour. Pre-orders for HAVEN have just started - all editions are beautiful! Kamelot always put so much care into their albums. Silverthorn editions already looked outstanding, but the HAVEN packages top it all again.
TY- Thanks! Our fans deserve the best. Stefan Heilemann did another killer cover and along with Gustavo Sazes the packaging and art is our best ever. It’s also great having presales, it really helps planning tours. Booking agents look at charts and go straight to the first week sales. So they are very important.
- HAVEN is the second album with Tommy, which also means second album with this composing team. How did it go?
It went great! The chemistry we have and working with Oliver and Tommy is really very natural and organic. Tommy had already written some musical ideas and he and Sascha worked a lot together again. Parts were written in Germany with Oliver, others with Tommy and Sascha. Also our good friend Bob Katsionis co-wrote some songs along one song with Angie Arsenault from Montreal. Tommy and Oliver used VST Connect [a program which allows artists to work together via the internet, from their respective studios] to work on songs, one in Germany the other in Sweden. Really cool.
- Did Tommy get involved in this second album’s composition process as much as (or more than) in Silverthorn?
Yes, he wrote tons of melodies, most of the lyrics and more. He got an ESP guitar last year and so I am getting some TommyRiffs now ;) We have one song idea that I thought was killer but didn’t get to record it. So I expect it to be on the next album.
- The vocal snippets we could hear from the videos sound amazing. Actually everything from the snippets sounds amazing! How’s the new album going to differ from the two previous albums, PFTP and Silverthorn, and why?
Well, we wanted to make an album with super diversity, dark, heavy and emotional and uplifting. I would urge fans to listen to the album from start to finish. There is a ton of information to absorb and you will not get all of it in one listen. I don’t like comparing to other albums, it has its own soul so to speak. One thing I can say, it’s full of melody and some really beautiful lyrics. We did some experimental things on a song or two with the new release. But don’t worry, no dubstep will be present!!!
- How would you describe Haven? How has the band’s sound evolved on this album?
We have some new elements that will please even the hardest Kamelot fan. We’ve worked like crazy on every element of the songs and album. My personal opinion is that the new album is a mix of modern, Fourth Legacy and Black Haloish. The guitar is a bit more present in the mix and we have some prog elements here and there. Really a big mix of Kamelot this time. You can’t play one song and base the whole album on it, it’s really diverse. Also, the ballad with Charlotte from Delain and Troy from Nightwish is a real killer. I hope we make a video of this one at some point.
- Haven… Why the title?
Haven was one of the first title options that popped up. We wanted an album for fans to get lost in, a place to go and feel safe and also relate to their own life scenarios. Once they listen and read the lyrics it will be clear as to what I am referencing. I had some Haven’s in my early life, albums that I would listen to at night and forget about my “not so happy” childhood. In hindsight those records probably saved me. I hope Haven has even a fraction of the impact those albums did on me.
- Guests on this album are Alissa White-Gluz (Arch Enemy), Charlotte Wessels (Delain) and Troy Donockley (Nightwish). Can you tell us more about these collaborations?
Well let me start with Alissa White-Gluz. She toured with us for a while and I remember to the day seeing her with her previous band and thinking, “This girl is amazing, she will and should be more known”. After getting the call from Arch Enemy, noone was happier or prouder than me. Anyway, we had some songs that fit her style perfect and she graciously accepted the invite. We toured with Delain a few times and I always felt like Charlotte had a unique and special voice, so when the song “Under Grey Skies” was written I asked her to join in, and she sounds awesome! Then there is Troy Donockley, this is one special and cool human. He has many skills that most people are not aware of, I am sworn to secrecy but we toured with Nightwish and I would see him occasionally watching the Kamelot set from side stage. When the idea came up for a folk style instrument I contacted Troy, and he offered his part on the Overton Low Whistle. One of the best Kamelot ballads in recent times is Under Grey Skies.
- Will we get a Single release prior to the new album?
We will be releasing a first video and possibly a digital single. We plan several videos on this release!
- This next Spring you’re embarquing for a big North American Tour in 2015, including 6 cities in Canada. Canadian fans are thrilled!
We have missed Western Canada in the past and now we have enough demand to visit the fine folks there. So we are very excited and the ticket sales are soaring. We hope to come back on another leg for Vancouver and Seattle areas.
- So everybody’s wondering - How many songs from Haven will you play on this next World Tour? Any big changes to expect in the setlist?
Yes, we will be adding some new songs from the new album, also from Silverthorn as well as some songs from the backcatalog either never played or rarely played.
- Support act is Dragonforce, why this choice?
At a recent NAMM Convention, I ran into Sam and Herman from DragonForce and we joked a bit about touring together. So when the idea came up again we thought it would be a great package for the fans. They are power metal and we have power metal with Symphonic elements. Different enough but also some cross over musical elements. I expect it to be a fun tour for all, maybe we can get Oliver on guitar and have a shred fest!
- Would you please consider doing a little mid-show acoustic session some time again in the future? That was really, really nice!
That was fun to do in Haarlem! We will see about that in the future, but we wanted to keep it intimate for that concert.
- The N.A. Tour announcement mentioned “the biggest stage setup ever”…
We have bigger venues now, so we can bring a larger production for the US and Canadian fans. Something closer to the European shows.
- What are the rest of your tour plans for 2015?
Mexico, Big European Tour, Summer Festivals and some unique one offs concerts. 2016 is planned for South America, Australia, Asia and Mars! haha. London is sold out at the moment and we will play there before the Haven is released. So I hope we come back later in the year for another UK appearance after the album is out. We also added some new cities to the tour including 3 new cities in Finland.
- Are you still working on a live DVD featuring existing footage, or will it be recorded during the upcoming tour?
The DVD will happen, we just are waiting for the record companies to work out the legalities. As you may know I don’t like looking back, so it will likely be all new footage, interviews, backstage shenanigans etc.
- Will we ever get a chance to see Kamelot live with an orchestra & choir?
I think this is something that has been done with several Symphonic bands. Will we do it? Maybe, if the situation is right and it can be done on the right scale.
- You have such a large fan base now and still growing. What is it like for you guys to get more famous? How has it changed in just these last few years?
Well, let’s first thank the fans and their love for music and the spirit that emanates with Kamelot fans at the concerts and online. The band is growing very fast now and it’s really awesome. Going to new countries like Australia for the first time and bigger venues around Europe and States makes us happy of course. We can do bigger productions and on the next tour change the setlist up quite a bit.
- A couple more personal questions now :) Who, or what are you most grateful for?
I’m grateful to be able to do what I love for my job, you know the saying? “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” So the fans are #1 in our hearts. Besides that I am grateful for family and health.
- A not-so-pleasant question, how do you feel about music piracy and music streaming systems. I always feel sorry when I see fans skipping presales, waiting to hear the whole album before buying it - or skipping any sales and downloading it from illegal sources. Sad thing is that they’re often hard fans who don’t realize that they’re harming their favorite band.
Well, I love to give fans snippets of the album and trust that they have looked at the band’s record of deliverance. Presales are so important these days, as I mentioned before. Also, we have very limited vinyl and box sets that will never be made again. I have one box set saved for me, but beyond that they will not make any more. Regarding illegal downloads, this is a subject that really I don’t need to rehash. I don’t do it, never have. If I want a song for example or album, I go to Amazon or iTunes and download it. It’s a $1.20 or like $8 for an entire album. Why would I take the time and risk to go on a site and steal it? Thing is that real sales help with charts, which help with touring. If a band charts high in Germany for example, promoters are more inclined to bring the band to more cities. So each time you think “Please Kamelot, come play here!” ask yourself, “Did I buy the album? Did my friends buy it?”. The 2 things are directly connected.
- Is there a person - famous or not, alive or not - that you personally look up to?
Not specifically. I try to meet different people from different walks of life and talk to them about their experiences. Talking to older people is great, to learn what not to do in planning for the future and smart things to do to have a great and prosperous life. I really wish I would have known my father, Thomas Sr. better. I was very young when he died and really didn’t know him as a person, just this figure in the distant memory. I think that experience has made me a better father to lil Thomas, who by all accounts will be a killer singer ;) You all know that Oliver’s Vincent and Thomas will be in a band together?
- Looking forward to this! Haha. Well, thank you so much for your time. Any final words?
Thanks for the time and thanks to the fans. We are planning new shows, setlists, albums and more for the next round and we can’t be more excited. "Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.“ (William Jennings Bryan).
Peace, love and Haven!
Interview by Waënelin (with a few questions from fans) Photos by Tim Tronckoe, Joe Helm Album artwork by Stefan Heilemann