[Pann] Eunhyuk fans give a run down of their perspective on IU's scandal [Must Read]
“Here’s a run down of everything that’s happened so far from the perspective of an Eunhyuk fan. Us fans are not saying that IU should get hate instead of him but rather asking why Eunhyuk should still be getting hate to this day.
We woke up one day to news of IU releasing a picture with Eunhyuk on her public Twitter account, and public sentiment grew heated. Everyone knew that it wasn’t just a simple selca and all sorts of rumors spread out from IU being pregnant to other dirty things. Still, SuJu fans shielded IU knowing that people were being too harsh to a young female singer.
According to IU on broadcast, Eunhyuk had called IU to ask if she was okay but what Eunhyuk and his fans got in return was Loen putting out a clarification saying he was visiting the sick, which SM was not informed of at all.
Eunhyuk did not upload the picture, nor did he give that clarification himself (he’s the victim in this, no reason for him to even clarify it). Ever since then, all posts regarding Eunhyuk were filled with immense hatred. Despite the situation, Eunhyuk had to go through with all of the broadcasts he had scheduled.
This is an account of ‘Star King’, which he recorded immediately after the scandal: (Account of someone at 'Star King’ recording basically listing all of the sexually suggestive comments the panelists made at him alluding to his scandal with IU like "Should we turn on 'Good Day’ for your dance segment?” and when a contestant brought a bed as a prop, panelists were like “Oh Eunhyuk knows all there is about beds, yeah?”)
Despite being the victim, he had to listen to all sorts of these comments and laugh them off. Panelists did not hesitate on making sexually suggestive comments and laughing at Eunhyuk’s face but when IU was on the show, they’d look at her with upset expressions as if they felt bad for her. Eunhyuk eventually ended up cutting back on his active TV schedules.
Then a few days later, IU uploaded a post on her fancafe skimming over the issue and talking about how she was sorry she worried her fans while she was at home gaining weight. Then she went on the 'Hwashin’ talk show and only clarified rumors like her pregnancy rumors by beating around the bush and revealing that Eunhyuk had called to her to check if she was okay. Much to the dismay of Super Junior fans, she did not apologize for the scandal at all.
While we agree that IU suffered hateful comments as well, she never once properly apologized to Eunhyuk or Super Junior fans when they’re the ones who were unfairly suffering because of her mistake. Eunhyuk did nothin wrong but had to deal with 'visiting the sick’ comments on 'Radio Star’, comments which were never directly said to IU when she was on TV. Eunhyuk was the clear victim but he was the one being dealt all the pain.
There are tons of private relationships in the entertainment industry but it was IU who released the information to the public, whether it was on purpose or an accident. Eunhyuk was literally asleep and woke up to this entire scandal by no fault of his own. He is still suffering from dirty comments to this day that of course his fans are upset over.
Super Junior fans are scared even when Eunhyuk gets in the news for positive things. It wasn’t until this year that fans felt comfortable going in to read the comments.
Even for Super Junior’s concerts, his solo stage used to be bright, outgoing performances where he bounced around shouting “happy happy” but he came out instead with a self-written rap that was basically an outpour of all of his struggles and pain for the past two years while tied in chains.
At their September 21st, 2014 concert, Eunhyuk cried while saying, “The hardest years of my life were the past two years. Teuk hyung wasn’t here and I was the temporary leader and although I didn’t do much, a lot of things happened, and I did show you all a not so positive side of me, I’m just so happy you all are here…”
In his Thanks Tos, he would always joke around while sending his gratitude but after that scandal, he even confessed that there were moments where he wanted to give up in the past two years after that scandal happened.
You can compare his two Thanks Tos here… In the first one, he has tons of ㅋㅋ !! ^^ ♥ and emoticons, but in the second one, his words are short and stiff with no emoticons. “
1. [+353, -3] I’m not even a fan and choked up several times while reading this. I can’t even dare to imagine how Eunhyuk and his fans must’ve felt through this whole ordeal. How their feelings must’ve been rotting this whole time. I hope he completes his service well and doesn’t get hurt anymore.
2. [+333, -5] I remember someone yesterday leaving a comment saying Eunhyuk never got hate and his image was never affected. I was too flabbergasted to even reply to that.
3. [+326, -3] I hope this gets to the top of Pann. People are shifting the attention to IU being sly and whatnot but that’s nto what Elf wanted or intended.
4. [+136, -1] Who is going to pay Eunhyuk back for the three years he suffered? Each of those little jokes they threw at him has shattered the person he used to be…
5. [+106, -1] I feel like Super Junior fans would be happy if their members were just never mentioned by anyone… Eunhyuk did nothing wrong but had to suffer so much hatred in three years. I couldn’t believe the people upvoting those comments… what exactly did Eunhyuk do so wrong to deserve it? Please remember that one hateful comment can take a life.
6. [+86, -1] It hasn’t changed in three years.. the fact that people don’t care whether Eunhyuk’s suffering from all this or not.
7. [+81, -5] I know this is wrong but this whole thing makes IU look like trash
8. [+68, -6] IU’s cruel… she shattered a person to this point
1. [+247, -22] Despite all this, IU never once said anything to defend him… IU, karma’s going to get you. Ever since that scandal, Eunhyuk’s career has been downhill and now he has to serve in the army..; what a shame
2. [+230, -9] I really do feel bad for Eunhyuk. He never made anything obvious, didn’t even upload the picture himself, but all because IU messed up, he had to suffer so much hate and made the butt of jokes… and the scandal has gotten so out of control to the point where people actually believe Eunhyuk was the one who uploaded the picture. I really feel bad for him.
3. [+211, -6] I honestly do feel bad that IU’s getting so much hate right now but I do think that the truth needs to be set straight despite it all. Some of the controversies that IU’s in she isn’t necessarily responsible for but people need to know what exactly happened with Eunhyuk’s scandal.
4. [+73, -1] Poor Eunhyuk’s being used to teach soccer teams how to be upstanding people
5. [+60, -3] No matter how much IU apologizes, the fact that IU had that picture up for 6 hours on Twitter is a truth that will never disappear. During those six hours, that one picture basically killed Eunhyuk’s celebrity career. Fans don’t want anymore, just for the reality of the situation to be known. Still, I’m glad that at least now people are starting to listen and clear up the misunderstandings. I do think it’s unfair that people are taking this opportunity to call IU a fox and all but I do honestly hate IU myself.
6. [+60, -1] Wow, thinking about it now… it all makes sense. SM’s stocks dropped during the scandal and Eunhyuk’s image tanked. Shouldn’t they be compensated for the losses?
7. [+52, -0] Hmm.. makes me see IU in a different light. Did she break up with Eunhyuk poorly? Why would she even make such a mistake like that (if you can even call it a mistake…) She manages herself so well usually to the point of being called sly so why would she make such a careless mistake?
8. [+51, -2] I bet IU’s thinking up another post to write on her fancafe to make herself sound like the victim right now ㅋㅋㅋ
9. [+48, -0] Even now on IU’s articles, people are saying they’re just glad she’s not dating the anchovy ㅋㅋㅋ what did Eunhyuk do to receive this type of treatment? Meanwhile IU was able to manipulate her image into that of a mature singer after her scandal and is at the peak of her career right now ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
10. [+47, -0] Eunhyuk took care of IU so well when she first debuted… but IU commits a mistake and completely axes herself out of the scandal, forgetting all he’s done for her…