1) On Wednesday, I was filmed in the first half of an informational video about my project. Next week, we do an interview. The video will live (in its entirety) on our company website, so thousands of hospital employees in North America will be very familiar with my face (and name). That includes a prominent health system in my area. So now I’m wondering: if I come down with appendicitis, will I get celebrity treatment? (Chocolate pudding ONLY!)
2) I read something here the other day that hurt me in a personal way. It wasn’t about me–frankly, the situation isn’t even any of my business–but it opened a wound. I was annoyed with myself. And other people. I still am, I guess.
3) Today was my Friday. Yay!! Even better? Adelaide has camp tomorrow until around 3:00. FREE DAY!! And I didn’t even have to do it through visitation!
4) “Camp” is themed summer weeks at school. Adelaide was bummed it wouldn’t include a tent, like she hoped, so I’m glad the theme for this week is national parks: hiking, camping, animals, exploring. She’s had a wonderful time. Tomorrow they’re having a pretend campfire and telling stories. Adelaide seems sure there will be ghost stories–she tried a few practice ones on me at bedtime that all included a main character (person, ghost, pony) who was headless–but I’m sure they’ll be more tame than that. I hope she won’t be disappointed.
5) Free day agenda: drop Adelaide off at camp, yoga, possible lunch with the DC sister, walking around DC (or maybe lying in the grass on the mall, if it’s not wet out), and then picking Adelaide up.