Espresso Mug Cake
Yields 2 mug cakes
The things you’ll needIngredients
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 5 tablespoons self rising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Small mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 2 microwaveable mugs
- Whipped cream in decorating bag fitted with #809 tip
- Espresso beans
Let’s get started!
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, espresso powder, salt, and sugars.
- Whisk the egg, milk, vanilla and coconute oil until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide evenly into 2 mugs and microwave on high for about 1 minute. If cake is not set, microwave in intervals of 10 seconds until fully cooked.
Time to decorate!
- Once mug cakes are completely cooled, pipe a dollop of whipped cream in the center of each cake and then top with an espresso bean.