What are your best discipline, productivity, planning tips? You're so inspiring!
thank you so much! :) those three are kind of interdependent, but i’ll try my best:
- reward yourself when you achieve a goal.
- alternate fun tasks with less fun tasks, starting with a less fun task so you have something to look forward to.
- hold yourself accountable. set goals that are measurable, i.e. that contain numbers -> read 5 pages, do 3 exercises, write 400 words.
- apps like forest prevent you from being distracted by your phone or tumblr.
- i try to have one day a week where i don’t have anything planned. it gives me something to look forward to, and i always know that if something urgent comes up i’ll have the time to deal with it.
- do something productive each day (no zero days), no matter how little.
- develop a routine, especially if you’re struggling with being productive. have set times for studying - it doesn’t have to be every day, but for example every saturday from 10 to 12.
- take breaks (try pomodoros if you want! lanes for google chrome has a built-in timer.)
- productivity isn’t just studying. it’s also cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry… give yourself credit for what you accomplish, even if it’s not school-related. a day spent doing laundry/cooking a meal/vacuuming is not a zero day.
- have a good calendar/bullet journal (or both, like me) and USE IT. it doesn’t help you if it’s empty. (it doesn’t have to look pretty for it to be useful.)
- i have an extra page with all deadlines of the next six months so i can easily see what’s coming up.
- set earlier deadlines than the actual ones. you’ll end up handing in everything early, and you’ll have extra time in an emergency.
- don’t forget to schedule time for yourself! studying and school need to be balanced out with exercise, sleep, meals, hobbies, and socialising.
hope this helped! :)