So I waited awhile to do this because I wanted to see were Bamon relationship would stand by the season finale. They are in a really good place, I mean Damon killed someone for her, that’s major, he picked her life over his lover. Kai gave him a dying Bonnie Bennett on a platter and he didn’t take it, he saved her life. He decided to give up his only chance of having a human life with Elena and leave Elena in a sleeping coma for however many years, because he wasn’t going to let his best friend lose her life after everything she’s done for him. This was a huge moment for them, and it’s going to be interesting to see how they come out of all of this especally since there’s going to be a huge time jump for season 7. I’m expecting Bamon to be even closer than we remember in the premiere.
7. More Nicknames- In the season 6 finale Damon told Bonnie he’s not out of nickname for her yet. I’m guessing that was a nod to the books, if you ever read the the vampire diaries series, Damon has about 30 nicknames for Bonnie like, little bird, sweet songbird Bonnie, brown-eyed enchantress, his witch etc.. I would love if that to really become a thing next season.
6. Road Trip- I’ve been wanting this all season, I kept saying Damon and Bonnie need to have a road trip episode, Damon has been on the road with, Elena, Alaric and Stefan, it’s time for Damon to takes Bonnie on the road as well. Imagine them fighting over who picks the music, them stoping off to at Damon’s favorite diner to get Bonnie food, and we actually get to seem them have a casual conversation together about anything. Just the two of them spending their day on the road doing whatever.
5. Party/ Club Scene- I wanna see Damon and Bonnie go out together, I don’t care if it’s another rave like 6x16, but since Damon is swearing to be a monk right now, I wanna see him standing by the bar while Bonnie is on the dance floor dancing with some random guy and Damon watching her have a great time, while he’s moping and drinking, turning down any woman that ask to dance still watching Bonnie being carefree and looking at her in a different life because he never seen her like this before, it hit him that he can’t pause his life anymore, it’s time to start moving on.
4. Mistaken for bf/gf- Remember in 6x03 when Liam Elena’s classmate was in the car with Stelena on their way to the lake party and he asked them if they were together because they were weirdly funcational. If Brian Young ever dares to give us a Stelena parallel I want this one for sure, if any two people are weirdly funcational is Bamon. I feel like there’s a good chance they’ll be mistaken for a couple and Damon will try to play it off quickly or vice versa and the other one will be offended, it would be hilarious I need this to happen.
3. Forehead kisses & Hugs- But I wasn’t expecting a 2.0 hug and a forehead kiss written by Julie Plec but she gave me both this season, and I want more of it. Bonnie feels comfortable jumping into Damon’s arms and Damon feels comfortable with kissing Bonnie’s forehead, like I need more of this next season Plec.
2. Feeding scenes- We finally after how years got to see Bonnie feed from Damon. I would actually like another scene like this, were he feeds on her, he’s dying he needs blood and Bonnie offers it to him, and it’s this intense moment, because he’s about to die and the last time he bit her was in the first season when he tried to kill her, it would really come full circle how much has changed between them since that night.
1. The Bath Tub scene- Another thing from the books that I crave more now after the finale than ever, that bath tub scene if any of you read the books, it was epic. Bonnie in the books gets attack by a tree… don’t ask and Damon finds her half dead, he takes her to the house undressed her put her in the tub and feeds her his blood. A quote from Nightfall “Contemplating his bedraggled little bird [Bonnie], who was clutching the towel to her instinctively, with her fiery hair plastered to her head and her big brown eyes blinking between strands, something swelled in Damon.The new thing he was feeling had swollen inside his soul until the pressure was almost too much to stand. When Bonnie said "But I’m alive!” with an abrupt 180-degree turn in mood, her heart-shaped face flushing with joy, the fierce pride Damon felt in response was intoxicating. And then the swelling thing burst. There was to Damon, a palpable if not audible crack as the stone encasing his soul burst open and a great piece fell away. With something inside him singing, he clutched Bonnie to him, feeling the wet towel through his raw silk shirt, and feeling Bonnie’s slight body under the towel.“
I feel like Ian would take that scene to another level, he’d kill it, I want this so bad, like this is such a moment for Damon’s development and Bamon. This was the first he let himself feel something and even though he’d never admit to anyone his feeling for Bonnie, everyone already knew he care every much for her, because his actions always spoke for him. I already believe that Damon next season will be attach to Bonnie, so a scene like this would actually work, Dries said she’ll be his moral center and she’ll have a closness with Damon. So why not have their epic bath tub scene.