Hello everyone! As promised, I am here with a new 30-day challenge. It’s focused on introspection and geared towards self-exploration. But wait, there’s more! It’s designed for witches who are just starting out in their exploration of witchcraft.
You can do this challenge regardless of your length of time practicing, but it’s likely to be most useful for people who still feel that they’re just getting started. I wanted to create this so that witches could answer it as they begin their Craft, then (hopefully) look back on it later and see how (and if) things have changed because of their magical work!
it would be really great if those of you doing this would tag the posts with #rootsofcraft so I and other witches can read the responses easily, compare, and learn more about how diverse our community can be. As noted, I designed this to be highly introspective, and I do hope the questions inspire a lot of thought!
In a few days, once I’ve typed it up, I’ll be posting a second challenge, called Fruits of Your Craft, designed for those who consider themselves more experienced witches.
Neither of these are really confined to any skill level or number of years/months spent practicing; it’s just a matter of how you, personally, feel about yourself. Do you feel that you’re beginning, or more experienced? So, feel free to do this, or the next one, based on that rather than the amount of time spent.
Enjoy, and I look forward to reading responses to the questions!
Roots of Your Craft 30-Day Challenge
- Divination. Does it work? Would you use it? What do you think of those who do? Why?
- What do you think Magick actually is? What is the power or force behind witchcraft?
- How powerful do you believe Magick to be, and why?
- What are your beliefs about ethics and morality? Do you think practicing witchcraft will change your views? If so, how?
- Do you plan to be open about witchcraft to people you know? Why or why not?
- What kind of belief system were you raised with? Do you feel it suits you, or are you making a change?
- What was your earliest memorable exposure to the concept of witchcraft? How did it influence your interest in it?
- Do you think you will work with or worship deities as part of your Craft? Why or why not?
- Was there a tipping point that convinced you witchcraft was worth practicing? What influenced your desire to learn more and why are you learning about it?
- What kind of witch do you want to become?
- What kind of witch do you believe you will become?
- What do you think your life will be like in five years, magically speaking?
- What worries you most about learning witchcraft? What might be a risk?
- What excites you most about learning witchcraft? What might be a reward?
- If you could list one thing that you hope to gain from practicing witchcraft, what would it be?
- Which of the four classical elements best describes you at the beginning of your journey? (Earth, Wind, Air, or Fire)
- If you’ve practiced spellcraft, what was the experience of casting your first spell like? If you’ve not yet cast one, what do you think your first spell will be and why?
- Are there any witches or magicians in fiction or history that you particularly admire? Why or why not?
- If you were to think of your beginnings in witchcraft as a certain color, what color would it be and why?
- What are your general thoughts about newer magical traditions such as pop culture spells, and technowitchery?
- What are your general thoughts about older magical traditions such as rune Magick, kabbalah and esoteric eastern traditions?
- Do you think that tradition is important in witchcraft? Why or why not?
- What role do you think dreams play in magical life, if any? Why or why not?
- Are you more aligned with chaos or order in terms of the Magick you have or will practice? What do you think Magick itself is more aligned with?
- Curses. Do they work? Would you use them? What do you think of those who do? Why?
- Blessings and protective Magick. Do they work? Would you use them? What do you think of those who do? Why?
- Do you have an affinity with an animal or type of animal? What does it mean to you? If you don’t, but had to have one, what do you think it would be?
- Do you think that there is any potential in utilizing certain ritual places or “ley-lines” between ritual places? Why or why not?
- What role does the archetype of death play in magic to you, if any? Why or why not?
- What do you think of practicing magic in a group setting? What about practicing alone? Why?