Turn your weekend games into classroom activities!
Party on the weekend? Out of ideas for the week. Hey it happens to the best of us. I find the best way to come up with new ideas is to draw on old ones. I think last week I typed up an activity post based off of the game flip cup.
This week the students played “Water Pong” yeah, yeah I altered the game a bit.
Here is what I did:
- Divide the class up into two teams A & B. you will need some flash cards or questions from the unit you are planning to teach, two buckets, plastic cups, a ping pong ball, and food coloring (optional).
- Put two desks together and arrange the cups in triangle formation. Fill each cup up with a different amount of water. Some cups I filled to the top and some cups had little to know water in them
- Two classmates will face off to answer a question or identify a flashcard correctly. Only students who answer the question correctly will have a chance to play.
- Students will attempt to land the ball in a water filled cup. If they succeed their cup is poured into the bucket for their team. Remember each cup contains a different amount of water.
- Repeat. The team with the most water in their bucket is the winning team.
They love it!!!!!