So I came across this quote about the difference between regret and wanting to change the past. He said “if you went back and fixed all the mistakes you made, you erase yourself.” I think that’s a very healthy and beautiful way to cope with what’s happened in your life, and moving forward with confidence.
What is the point in erasing history to make yourself look ‘not like those other communists’?
It’s extremely important we learn about the history of communism and its manifestations around the world to acknowledge its successes and failures without making fundamental attribution errors like the right.
there’s been some discourse on twitter about whether or not you have to use traditional media for inktober (lmao..)
im not gonna talk too much about it bc its not even worth my time and energy,
but with regards to the “working in a permanent medium like ink forces you to commit to your lines & helps prevent bad habits like relying on spamming ctrl+z”
this is actually true, but it doesnt mean you can’t do the same thing digitally.
There’s two things you can do, first of all you can edit your shortcuts and remove ctrl+z etc. so you have no undo shortcuts.
Second thing you can do is disable the history, most all art programs will let you manually set the history count (how many times you can undo) to at least 1 in the program preferences, which will prevent you relying on undo.
I’d also encourage you to avoid using the eraser tool, challenge yourself to commit to the lines you make and you’ll grow more confident with your art!
any of my bi/pan pals feel like you tend to focus mainly on your same gender attraction when you’re online because that’s the part that you have to hide or keep lowkey irl and you use your blog to write all your Gay Thoughts™ but you also feel super guilty because it feels like you’re erasing yourself????? But??? You don’t know??? How to not???
go out there, love. dance terribly and sing loudly. your heart’s strong as ever, no matter the storms that have tried to ruin you for good. i promise. forget about the yesterdays that followed you here. today, you can forgive even that which has interrupted your sleep. today, all the countries you have lost are replaced in full. today you can rest your head anywhere and remember the women before you who did not die, even when the whole world willed it. listen, love. go on and feel everything if that’s what it takes. so what if the world doesn’t love you back? what does it know anyway. go and save yourself in the thousand ways you feared were impossible. the war’s not over but for people like us, it never is. breathe deeply, love. keep waking up, even if the days you step into do not belong to you. go on, love. go and tell the river it owns nothing of yours today. tell the sky you forgive its impatience. tell the mountains you’ve survived worse. go on, love. count the ways you have chosen to not erase yourself. forget the ones who made your name a small thing. stay impossibly still or move through the whole country in a week. do what it takes, love. no one out there will make this easier for you. go on and dare to save yourself in a world that has promised to celebrate your absence. go on, love, and hold on to the thousands of ways you have not left a world that has only ever showed you the way out.
Little by little you must create a fog around yourself; you must erase everything around you until nothing can be taken for granted, until nothing is any longer for sure, or real. Your problem now is that you’re too real. Your endeavors are too real; your moods are too real. Don’t take things so for granted. You must begin to erase yourself.
We only have two alternatives; we either take everything for sure and real, or we don’t. If we follow the first, we end up bored to death with ourselves and with the world. If we follow the second and erase personal history, we create a fog around us, a very exciting and mysterious state in which nobody knows where the rabbit will pop out, not even ourselves.
I lowkey kind of dont like the “use pen all the time!!” argument bc while it DOES help alot w making urself feel more sure about your strokes, it can be a real fuckin struggle if youre like me. Like I use pencil bc i can erase, of course, but im scared of pens bc i have such an unsteady hand; its terrible lmao i like clean, crisp lines but i simply CANT do that with pens.
Those penmanship videos?? The speeddrawing videos with perfect slow lines?? I cant do that; my hands get all shaky and the lines come out too wobbly. So i have to do quick strokes to make anything look decent. Bt that means if I do that with pen, theres a 95% chance that the lines will overlap and get messy n wobbly, its ugly™. Pencil makes it look nicer bc i can erase those 15 extra, unnecessary lines i keep accidentally making
I dunno what the point of this was, just that my hands are shaky, not all artistic advice works for everyone, and dont feel bad if some of the professional art tips just Dont work with you.
- prepare yourself for the GREASE - for your first date, junhui takes you to the beach and you’re both just walking along the shore, talking about anything that comes to mind - halfway through the date, you playfully push junhui into the water and he retaliates by pulling you in - you both chase each other around while splashing water everywhere, laughing and having fun together - at some point, he takes off his shirt and you’re like OMFG JUN PUT YOUR SHIRT BACK ON and you cover your red face with your hands - while your face is still buried in your hands, he grabs your waist and makes you both fall into the water and when you resurface, the two of you are laughing your heads off - you and junhui walk back to shore when you get tired, and the rest of the day is spent sitting on the sand talking while waiting to get dry - when sunset comes and you suggest it’s time to leave, junhui says “wait” and proceeds to write something on the sand with his finger - when he finishes, you look down to see that they’re chinese characters and when you ask him what they mean, he says “i love you” - and right after he says that, you both share your first kiss - let the grease begin - when you’re yelling at him, he brings his hand up to your face and squishes your cheeks together so that you make a fishy face anD THEN HE KISSES YOU AND YOU’RE LIKE ARE YOU KIDDING ME - but it works and you’re not mad at him anymore and you hate yourself for it - he says cheesy pick-up lines out loud in public just to embarrass you - “jun i’m already yours THERE’S NO NEED FOR THOSE PLEASE STOP” - when you wear tight clothing, he looks you up and down and wiggles his eyebrows and you’re like just leave - the type to blow kisses at you and frowns the rest of the day when you flick/dodge them - ALWAYS tries to show off in front of you - once effed up his shoulder dancing to mansae because he over-exaggerated his dancing during the chorus - after that, the boys banned you from coming to their dance practices - teaches you a bit of martial arts for your safety, but during training he pins you to the floor and kisses you - when he’s sick, he makes it seem worse than it really is just so you’d take care of him - asks for kisses all the time - “jun get up we’re going to be late” “i’ll get up for a kiss ;)” “ok i’m going first then” “NO COME BACK” - the type to purposely send you shirtless pictures of himself and then write something like “oops!! sorry that was an accident” right after - he ALWAYS walks out of the shower with his hair soaking wet, and his towel wrapped around his waist and you’re like PUT!! SOME!! CLOTHES!! ON!! - some days he just looks sO HANDSOME AND YOU’RE DYING LIKE SOMEONE HELP DOWAJWO SOS - insists that you watch the movies and dramas he was in before he debuted - he LOVES it when you wear his clothes, he’s always lending you his shirts, hoodies and varsities because he loves seeing you in them - in fact, you guys have matching hoodies and he insists that you both wear them all the time - steals your phone to take selfies so that your photo gallery is filled with pictures of him - but you just can’t bring yourself to erase them because you love him so much even if the pictures take up so much space - always tells minghao about you and when you go to the dorm, you and minghao just tell each other stories of all the stupid things junhui has done in the past week - you once told minghao you loved his new hair color and guess what junhui dyed his hair the same color LOL - “minghao you have to stop, (name) might fall for you and we might end up having to fight to the death” “because i dyed my hair????” - always within a five-meter radius because he “gets lonely” - he’s always making puns and then laughs really hard at them and you’re like jun WHY - junhui’s so positive all the time and it’s honestly so refreshing - always drinks from the same straw as you because he believes in indirect kisses lmao - really long and slow kisses on the lips, probably pins you against walls too - he always surprises you with kisses and sometimes you put a hand over your mouth to stop him from kissing you but nope that doesn’t stop him HE JUST KISSES THE HAND OVER YOUR LIPS ANYWAY - when you say “i hate you” even as a joke he takes it pretty seriously and asks nonstop if you really do hate him and buys you flowers and says he loves you nonstop - he loves cuddling while facing you because he loves looking into your eyes and memorizing each one of your features - junhui always tries to play it off like he’s all right even when he isn’t because he wants you to think he’s really strong and he doesn’t want you to worry - but you know when he’s sad and you never push him to say it, and eventually he starts opening up to you and just having someone he can rely on…… he loves the feeling - he may be greasy and all, but he does know when to stop and be serious when you’re not in a good mood - when you’re sad, he gives you kisses on the forehead and tells you that you’ll be all right - he also takes you out for a shopping spree and treats you for food and just does everything he can to make you smile again because your happiness is the most important to him - you may always make a comeback to his greasy lines, you may always dodge his hearts and kisses, and you may roll your eyes a lot when you’re around him - but you really do love junhui - “i love you i love you i love you” - “junhui stop” - “i love you i love you i love you—” - to get him to stop, you surprise him with a kiss, but after pulling away… - “wait i wasn’t ready, give me another one!!!”
So, lately, a lot of writing blogs I LOVE (though I probably don’t say it enough) received anonymous hate…It inspired me to write this piece. I hope you’ll like it, and if I receive anonymous hate for it, oh man, I’m so ready for this…Anyway, hope you’ll enjoy (forgive me if it’s not great, I slept only 4 hours in those last three days, and drunk too much coffee) :
He was of course always worried about you because 1. since you became a Wayne you also became a target for people who’d want something from him or his company, or for those who wanted a huge ransom and 2. because he’s as much the Batman than Bruce, and if one day his secret identity was to be discovered by any of his enemies, your life would be in a life threatening danger…Well, more that it was already.
This thought was already almost too much to bear (he broke it off with you in the first few months of your relationship, scared to lose you…until he realized that he would lose you anyway if he left you, and since you accepted him back with wide arms…).
So now, faced with…All this. It was too real. It was too close from home.
Both literally and figuratively.
Because those “things” (he refused to give it the name he knew it actually had) arrived in your house. At Wayne’s Manor.
He felt like a pregnant woman, as if his hormones were playing tricks on him, because it wasn’t possible that a single human being could feel all those feelings at once, naturally…Right ?
And yet. And yet here, in front of your desk, reading all those terrible things…
-Bruce ? Are you there ?
Your voice makes him jump, and, startled, he whips around and is faced with you and all your Glory…Oh because you’re nothing but glorious, as the light of the sun going down hits you just right and makes you look like a goddess.
His Goddess. And oh Bruce is glad that you cannot read minds, because if you could, you would mock him and his cheesiness right now.
-Oh hey, here you are my heart. Say, for tonight, I was thinking…What is that ? Hey are you alright my Broosh ?
You approach him, worried because he’s just so pale and he seems almost lost, as his eyes follow you as if it was just an automatic reaction. It’s only when you reach for his face, and stroke his cheek with soft fingers that he finally snap out of his strange haze. He leans in your touch, and, without saying anything, shows you what’s in his hand.
You look down and…
-Oh. That. I knew I should have burn everything…But I always forget. I receive them with the rest of the fan mail and I just shove it in there promising myself to destroy it, in case you’d find them, and then…I forget, or get too busy with something and then forget.
can people please stop saying that Priyanka Chopra and Dev Patel or Avan Jogia should be cast as Jasmine and Aladdin… both the charcters are Middle Eastern and Priyanka, Dev and Avan are of South Asian descent!!!
1. Finding yourself is worth every sacrifice.
2. It will sink in one day that your parents can love you so much and still never understand you. So you take their love and treasure it, but learn how to be there for yourself and rely on no one else.
3. You will learn things about people you thought you knew that will forever change your relationship and how you see them and nothing will ever be the same again. It’s okay, you will go on without them.
4. The people who say that they will always be there for you will rarely be there for you.
5. There are high chances that someone out there loves you more deeply and fiercely than you can possibly imagine. (I would know. Because I’m the one doing the loving.
6. Love conquers all wars and demons.
7. You, and you alone, hold the power to write your story.
8. You have the power to erase people from your narrative and to erase yourself from theirs.
9. You always have a choice. Even when the choices are all unpleasant.
10. You are enough. You are enough. You are enough.
11. You will wake up at 4 a.m. someday and realize something that will change everything. (It happened me to once.)
12. You are going to take a shower one of these days and figure out how to do that math project you’ve been stuck on for days. (That also happened.)
13. All it takes is 10 seconds of insane courage and your life will be changed forever.
14. Nothing ever happens like you imagine it to. Nothing.
15. Write letters to your future self, she needs it.
16. Learn, as much as you can, because knowledge is power.
writerlyswift // things they don’t tell you, lessons I’ve learned
Requests are currently open! Feel free to send one in
Newt walks into the small, two story house that he knows like his own home. The familiar smell of pine floor cleaner floats up from the floorboards. He clenches his jaw and breathes it in, wondering where he should hang his coat since the coat tree that usually guards the front door has quit its duty and marched somewhere else.
Bulgaria, perhaps, as that’s the last rumor Newt heard about you. To study a Horntail that set up a nest there. He’d laughed once, humorless, when he heard that. You always did like a rush of adrenaline.
He doesn’t laugh now as he turns into the small living room and finds the couch and armchair must’ve marched along with the coat tree. A film of dust coats the ground, dulls the wood’s normal shine.
The boom of his dropped bag disrupts the dust’s slumber. It bursts into flight. The clumps of grey twirl in the setting sun’s light, the same way he had twirled you five summers ago. You’d put a record on and dragged to the middle of the room, forcing him to sway until he willingly took your hands and tried to waltz.