semi general hcs? show me watchu got
- He’s a rocker at heart. His casual clothes consist of bandanas, leather jackets, frayed jeans and mud caked combat boots. Personally, Semi thinks he looks pretty metal, but still gets picked on by Tendou. Tendou though, wears anime t-shirts and sweatpants, so Semi’s always quick to call him out for being quite the hypocrite.
- Semi, in general, is pretty self conscious on how he looks. He’s always preening with his hair, adjusting his collar and checking himself in mirrors. To anyone who doesn’t know him, it might come off as vanity, but he’s always on edge on whether or not he looks presentable.
- He has a soft spot for small dogs. He found himself sitting in his neighbor’s driveway for thirty minutes cuddling with their elderly Shih Tzu one summer. He scared himself once he realized exactly what he was doing, but to his luck, nobody caught him in the act.
- Him and Ushijima have an inside joke where, anytime someone on the team does something either, obnoxious, pretentious or ridiculous, they’ll stare up at a lonesome volleyball lodged in the gym ceiling. They refer to it is as the “Office Camera”, based off of an American sitcom they both like.
- Every month or so, he’ll recolor his dip-dye. Black is his most reliable color, but every so often he’ll dye it dark blue or purple. Sometimes, if he’s in a good mood, he’ll let his s/o pick out the color dye. Nine times out of ten, it’s usually something obscure, like pink or mint green, so his s/o’s opinion is disregarded anyways.
- He’s always wanted to date a pastel. He likes the way their aesthetic would contrast against his.
- He’s existential to the point where it’s obnoxious. Heaven forbid he ever utter the words “oblivion” or “death”, because from there, he just spirals downwards. Sometimes he finds himself writing poetry at one in the morning, thinking it’s the deepest, most profound thing his mind has ever conjured up, but wakes up the next morning to read it and find that it’s complete and utter garbage.
- Foreign rock from the 80’s is Semi’s go-to. He has no idea what any of them are saying, but he finds Queen, Guns n’ Roses, Bon Jovi and Black Sabbath to be incredible. One time, he hit his head against his desk whilst headbanging and gave himself a nosebleed to “We Will Rock You”. Whoops.
- His masculinity is either hyper or non existent, and nowhere in between. He refuses to drink Fiji water because it has a flower on the bottle, but has taken up more than several dares to wear lingerie or a skirt… or both.
- He always seems to be putting himself down in one way or another. Every since Shirabu replaced him as Shiratorizawa’s official setter, his inferiority complex started kicking in. At this point, every time he messes up on something, even if it’s the most insignificant thing in the world, he finds himself saying something along the lines of, “figures I can’t do this right… just like everything else.” He always sees himself lesser than everyone, and needs to figure out that even if he isn’t the best person, he needs to be the best Semi he can be.
- He’s the type of person who never gets cold. He once walked outside in nothing but a t-shirt and jeans in °15 F weather, and wound up being fine. Tendou, however, gets very cold very easily, and finds himself dying inside every time he catches Semi outside in summer clothes during the winter.
- He’s tried to pick up an instrument in the past, but never found himself understanding any of the concepts. Although, he’s pretty decent on the drums.
- He got into Shiratorizawa due to a sports scholarship, and if it werent for that, he wouldn’t be in Shiratorizawa at all. He’s realized at this point that he’s not all that smart, but he doesn’t really let that get him down. Shiratorizawa is insanely strict, and being in class one at Shiratorizawa is the equivalent to being in class three or four in any other school. Lucky for him, though, he has a few good friends in class five who always help him out in exchange for access to watch their volleyball practices. (Not everyone’s allowed to come and watch them, the gym doors are always locked. Although, the coach is rather indifferent if one of the boys brings along a couple of friends to watch them practice. As long as they’re quiet, that is.)
- He puts so much salt on his food to the point where it’s definitely not healthy. His mother used to nag to him about high blood pressure all the time, but now that he lives in a dorm he ignores it.
- He’s good at keeping everyone in line, but himself. When it comes to his friends, he knows exactly what to say to get them out of a slump, or encourage them. Although, when Semi finds himself in any negative situation, he just thinks, “Oh well. Time to die now.” and books.