When someone in the Yu-Gi-Oh fandom mentions Dan Green, they often talk about his Large Ham tendencies when he voiced Atem. But what about his more emotional performances?
Take Season 4 for example. His performances as both Yugi and Atem were absolutely amazing. He channeled realistic sorrow and bitter sarcasm during that season, especially in Episode 163. (Just notice the way he said “your highness” during this scene.) The delivery of his lines as Yugi in the episode was absolutely amazing. In all honesty, he should have won an Emmy for this episode.
In other words, when I’m comparing a Yu-Gi-Oh dub performance to Dan Green, it’s a huge compliment. (I’m looking at you, Matt Shipman.) I really hope the dub cast continues to amaze me.
me: ugh inuyasha filler can be so… unnecessary and bad sometimes… overdone gags and tropes and messing with canon, so much OOC bs… I can do without it tbh….. me, holding episode 78 “Only You, Sango” to my heart: I would die for you me, drying my tears and reaching out for episode 163 “Kohaku, Sango, and Kirara: The Secret Flower Garden”: would literally die. For you. Literally right now I would die.
It’s been a rough couple days. We all deserve something to make us happy. Here’s my top 10 moments starring Kim Jong Kook & Song Ji Hyo.
1. Episode 21.
The first encounter of the “Spartace” couple. The two formed a team and faced the other guests and members. Ji Hyo in an earlier episode requested to not be on the hiding team anymore, and wanted to join up with Jong Kook. In the end they defeated the 8 members (cast and guests) to win the episode.
2. Episode 182.
Kim Jong Kook protecting Ji Hyo from 3 members of the opposite team. He was doing such a good job that Gary got a little jealous.
3. Episode 48.
The objective of the game was to guess each members face while being blindfolded. Ji Hyo took this once in a lifetime opportunity to pull on Jong Kook’s hair without being punished.
4. Episode 163.
Are they getting married?
5. Episode 34.
Blindfolded once again. This time it was to pour water into a glass up until the fill line. I think he might be drowning.
6. Episode 40.
The final mission was for them to compose a song using toy instruments. Ji Hyo was asked to do a high “cuckoo” on her recorder, but (purposely?) played low note after low note. Which led to this comment.
7. Episode 93.
Votes are casted the beginning of each round to see who would be targeted. First round everybody voted Jong Kook but failed to rip off his name tag in the allotted time. Which gave Jong Kook an extra vote. The two teamed up and voted for HaHa (Ji Suk Jin also voted for HaHa, 4-4 split between him and KJK) and to no surprise he was eliminated.
8. Episode 170.
The Wizard of Oz, Running Man Edition. Both Ji Hyo and Jong Kook are cowardly lions, and to get over their fear they are asked to chop wood….. Yeah RM gets kinda weird sometimes.
9. Episode 291.
While Ji Hyo and Gary are on their very first date. She mentions that she doesn’t meet up with the other cast members outside the show as much. Only Kwang Soo for a meal or two and tanning with Jong Kook…. Wait what?
10. Episode 261.
The cast members enjoy a nice day at a carnival before entering a scary haunted mansion. They had rides, free food, games, prizes and other stuff found at a carnival. Jong Kook tried some fried octopus and fed it to Ji Hyo.
25 Reasons Natsu and Lucy are canon and meant to be:
1. Natsu managed to break the love charm on Lucy in the first episode, which can only happen when you see your true love.
2. Natsu is ultra-protective of Lucy, always desperate to save her and threatening anyone who so much as makes her cry or even remotely unhappy. Happy has noted that when it comes to saving Lucy, he won’t listen to reason. He himself said in episode 206, “ If you know me, you know I don’t let anyone get away with hurting Lucy’s feelings.”
3. Lucy only really blushes around Natsu, whether he’s just saying her name or thanking her or “flirting”. Especially in situations where Natsu shows he cares for her very much.
4. Natsu is always seeking out Lucy’s attention or space, like the numerous times he’s been in her room, her bed,her bath. In episode 5, 10 and others like them, he has insisted they do things because they’re a team. Also, he likes to incorporate himself in anything she’s doing with kinda bogus excuses for doing it, like episode 222.
5. In episode 127, the one with invisible Lucy, he was the only one to unconsciously and instinctively remembers Lucy, proclaiming she “completes” him. Lucy is so essential to him and everyone can see it. He even declared that they had to be together on missions, otherwise it “wouldn’t be the same”.
6. At times, Natsu is very considerate of Lucy’s feelings, like when her dad died and he was yelling at those brats for being idiots or when he thought she was stalked and kept watch over her. Also, when she is worried about her rent, like in episode 51 and 124, he tries to find a way to help her.
7. Lucy is the only one Natsu loans important things to, such as his scarf and jacket/vest (episode 226). Lucy is protective of the scarf because she knows it’s important to Natsu.
8. Can’t stand it when Lucy leaves or he doesn’t know where she is, like in episode 29, when they thought she left the guild or 51, when she disappeared before a mission and he went chasing after her to make sure she was okay.
9. He notices about everything concerning Lucy, even if it’s negative, like how much she weighs and things like that.
10. When future Lucy went to heaven or whatever it was, that Natsu was waiting for her, running down to grab her hand so they could have more adventures together.
11. Natsu was especially affected when future Lucy was killed, crying, insisting on keeping his promise and determined to get future Rouge for murdering Lucy.
12. Episode 73, he was so sad when Lucy couldn’t come to the festival and couldn’t seem to have fun without her. He ripped up a rainbow sakura tree so Lucy could see it, despite knowing their would be consequences. But her happiness mattered more.
13. In episode 112, when they were talking about the next episode and Happy asked Natsu if he thought of anything besides food, everything he listed had to do with Lucy. Happy even said to write it all down, meaning there was a lot more that Natsu thought about concerning Lucy.
14. When Lucy is in danger, his first priority is to rescue her. Like the Infinity clock arc, the Edolas arc, the time she was taken by the royal guards for the eclipse project, etc. Basically, he can’t stand it if she’s potentially hurt.
15. He’s called her cute, a goddess, really nice, tough as nails, incredible, weird (I think he thinks that’s a compliment), she’s called him a nice guy, dependable, and sweet. ‘Nuff said.
16. Happy has been saying for a while that they likeeeeeee each other and we’ve seen before that Happy’s theories were right, so why not this theory?
17. In the majority of the theme songs, they’ve displayed Lucy and Natsu as the main characters, now along with Erza, Gray and Wendy, meaning those five are linked together and since Wendy has Romeo, Erza has Jellal and Gray has Juvia, Nalu will ultimately happen.
18. They trust each other and work the best out of everyone. Majority of their adventures are with each other. Whether they work solo or a duo, they have complete faith in the other.
19. Natsu seemed jealous of Dan, demanding he stop the lovey dovey crap with her.
20. When that wedding moment happened in episode 163, when it looked like Lisanna would be with Natsu, they ended it with Lucy and him together, meaning they are paired together.
21. Episode 177, he whispered her name in his sleep. Just…HE WHISPERED HER NAME IN HIS SLEEP! And they tied Natsu up to stop him from going after her. Then, he gave up his position in a fight, something he loves, to save her, meaning he must love her more.
22. Knows Lucy’s scent enough to recognize it anywhere, like when he knew future Lucy was Lucy by smelling her or in episode 226, when he caught her scent despite the bunny suit blocking it.
23. Lucy was the only one he said goodbye to in episode 265, albeit by note which was kinda cowardly, he still gave her a parting gesture. Everyone else, he just left hanging. Then, when he came back, he was so happy to see her and vice versa.
24. Natsu also said in episode 277 that he could tell when Lucy was upset, meaning he’s in tune with her feelings a lot more than it may seem. He must pay close attention or at least be close enough to her to notice her. And you know Lucy knows Natsu enough to know him.
25. They have these moments that seem insignificant, but when you pay close attention, they all lead to the same conclusion: They are meant to be!