On Karna, Arjuna, and the significance of their relationship
Forewarning: the relationship between Karna and Arjuna is an extremely complex one with layers upon layers of nuances from both parties and what they mean to one another. That being said, this post will be diving into potentially uncomfortable topics especially regarding Arjuna’s unhealthy mentality and just how unstable of a person he is without Karna. This is going to be an extremely long piece because I feel like it’d be improper to separate all of these topics into different posts when they all relate to one another, but there will be additional side meta posts regarding certain allegories and parallels that I feel work extremely well for their dynamic. Note that this will take concepts from the Mahabharata, general knowledge about Hindu mythology, as well as Arjuna’s interludes and Chapter America from F/GO, so if you’re not at all familiar with any of these then chances are you’re going to be lost as hell. I’ll be doing my best to keep it as accessible as possible, but keep in mind that this is read under the assumption that the reader is familiar with Arjuna’s legend and his presence in the game.
I’m not kidding when I say that it’s going to be a long post ( 7k+ haha kill me ), but as always if there’s any need for clarification feel free to send in any questions and I’ll be happy to answer.
I would like to thank @leaalda for making these amazing banners.
This is an effort to spread the word about all fan fiction writers in our little fandom. If you would like to be featured or nominate a writer, please contact me. Please reblog this post if you can and check out some of @jugandbettsdetectiveagency work!
1. First things first, if someone wanted to read your stories where can they find them?
They can be found on my blog under this tag and on my AO3.
2. Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m Anna, a 21 year old, recent graduate from England, who has an unhealthy obsession with reptiles, making things out of wool, and writing about all-consuming ships.
3. What do you never leave home without?
My phone because that’s just the generation we’re in.
4. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
A night owl that desperately wishes to be an early bird.
5. If you could live in any fictional world which one would you choose and why?
I’d probably be very happy just living in The Shire, eating first breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, lunch…
6. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met.
I met the British pop group Steps when I was four.
7. What are some of your favorite movies/TV?
Jurassic Park, Rear Window and The Sound of Music are top dogs for me. Also I never fail to find comfort in watching John Tucker Must Die. For TV, I always put Gavin and Stacy on for a bit of comfort, and then Riverdale obviously. And I really like old Britcoms like Butterflies and Some Mothers Do ‘Ave ‘Em.
8. What are some of your favorite bands/musicians?
Oh man, too many. Right now I’m on a Fleetwood Mac hype because it’s summer. But I’m a pop-punk gal, through and through, so like Sum 41, Green Day, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, that kinda vibe.
I always assumed everyone knew these, but over time I slowly learned that I was the only one. Since it seems that there’s a lot of nasty crap going around lately, I decided to share them with y'all. If you’re sick, check these out, because they’re really epic and work amazingly.
Nausea: Eat a few pieces of crystallized ginger. You don’t need to eat a lot, just about 4-5 pieces, but it’s just ginger so it’s not as if eating more will hurt you. You can buy a vial of it at most grocery stores, and they’re found in the spice section.
Your nausea will improve a lot within a half hour. They taste sweet and spicy at the same time, and in fact are quite good, much better tasting and more effective than most nausea medicines.
Stuffy Nose: There’s quite a few tactics for a stuffed-up nose. Usually at least one of them will work, however, if it’s really bad, there might be nothing you can really do. I’ll list the different tactics to help un-clog your breathing holes.
-Chew/suck on ice. It contracts your sinuses or something, all I know is it generally works fairly well.
-Rub something strong-smelling underneath your nose and on your chest/neck. Things like peppermint, and especially eucalyptus oil work well. Vick’s VapoRub/BabyRub also works very well.
Reapply it every time the scent starts to fade and your nose starts to get stuffed up again. Spicy food works similarly.
-Use some acupressure. Push your tongue against the roof of your mouth, and your thumb where the bridge of your nose meets your forehead. Hold it there, and push pretty hard, and after about 20-30 seconds it usually helps to clear your sinuses.
-Neti Pot. I’ve never used it before, as the idea of it freaks me out, but I know quite a few people that swear by it.
-Water. It’ll thin out the mucus.
-Gargle with saltwater. Just mix some table salt with warm water in a dixie cup and swish it around for 30 seconds or so.
-Eat a spoonful of honey. It’s even better than cough syrup.
-Inhale steam. You can use a humidifier, or you can simply sit in the bathroom with a hot shower on.
Get a hot spoon, or hot anything really. I find it works pretty well to leave a metal spoon in hot coffee for a minute or so, then take it out and wipe it off. It should be as hot as you can stand. Press it to the mosquito bite for a few seconds, and it will de-nature the enzymes that cause the itching, and bug you no more. (Pun intended.)
-Ibprofen. LOTS AND LOTS OF IBPROFEN.
-Hot compresses and baths. Even holding your hands over it helps.
-Cranberry juice. No, sorry, you can’t just drink it and make it vanish- you have to drink it on a regular basis, and when you get your period, every symptom won’t be as bad. Your cycle will start to be a bit more regular too. I usually drink a lot of it starting about a week before I normally get cramps.
-Yeah that’s pretty much it, cramps are just overall really shitty.
-Chew on a pencil. Generally only works for milder headaches.
-Caffeine. This works for migraines- the important thing is to get a cuppa AS SOON AS YOU FEEL IT COMING ON. Do not wait for it to become bad- because then it will be too late, and caffeine won’t help.
-Again, VapoRub and aromatherapy. That shit does everything.
I’m sure that some have noticed that I’ve been rather distant in the HP fandom lately.
No shade on anybody (you do you, you know?) but I’ve just grown tired of seeing nothing but willowy, bottom bitch!Draco and macho hunk, super hairy!Harry. Their personalities and relation dynamic in the majority of the fandom have become so one dimensional that even I have been influenced…only in a negative way.
Sorry for opinionated post; Ignore it if you can/wish to…I just feel like I owe some an explanation for my reticence. Hopefully my muse is just vacationing.
I’m still drawing/painting, in fact I’m working on an epic watercolor piece right now. It’s just not HD. *cough*hannibal*cough*
i’ve been working on this studying mix for a few weeks now, it includes some of my favourite instrumental and contemporary works from movie scores to epic pieces. theres 3 hours worth of study music so i hope it helps you as much as it helps me.
01. begin again - piano guys / 02. own worst enemy - blake neely / 03. una mattina - ludovico eindaudi / 04. i just want you - robert duncan / 05. frist class - henry jackman / 06. true strength - john dreamer / 07. some other place - will butler and own pallett / 08. this is clark kent - hans zimmer / 09. let her go - nuetful / 10. loved ones & leaving - nicholas hopper / 11. time - hans zimmer / 12. a window to the past - john williams / 13. farewell to dobby - alexandre desplat / 14. fragile N.4 0 dustin o'halloran / 15. interstellar main theme - hans zimmer / 16. nothing (script cover) - unknown / 17. dumbledore’s farewell - nicholas hopper / 18. yes! - dario marianelli / 19. i forgot who i was - blake neely / 20. hikari - sam yung / 21. this is the beginning - mario beltrami / 22. another year edns - patrick doyle / 23. remember me - thomas bergersen / 24. so sick - nuetful / 25. dust - hans zimmer / 26. rise - john dreamer / 27. addicted to a certain life style - david arnold and michael price / 28. prelude - dustin o'halloran / 29. transformation - beauty and the beast / 30. arrival of birds + transformation - the cinematic orchestra / 31. jane seymour’s theme - trevor morris / 32. i love you - robert duncan / 33. arrival to earth - steve jablonsky / 34. giorni dispari - ludovico einaudi / 35. hogwart’s hymn - patrick doyle / 36. its just a house - michael giacchiono / 37. dawn - jean-yves thibaudet / 38. fireproof - nuetful / 39. all gone (no escape - gustavo santaolalla / 40. i choose you - hans zimmer / 41. totsuka tatara - k project / 42. aurora borealis - steven price / 43. romeo and juliet theme - andre rieu / 44. whisper of hope - gothic storm / 45. sherlocked - david arnold and michael price / 46. beethoven’s 5 secrets - the piano guys / 47. dust and light - twelve titans / 48. as it (perhaps) was - dario marianelli / 49. tears of the sea - yoshiaki dewa / 50. the living sculptures of pemberley - jean-yves thibaudet / 51. never let me go - neutful / 52. final frontier - thomas bergersen / 53. archangel - thomas bergersen
I would draw Gabumon and here is the
finished digital watercolour painting plus the process.
to really get the hand at them digital watercolours now. Really beginning to
develop my own style of doing it which is excellent. Shows that I’m improving
and highlights how much I’m developing. Yes! A special thanks to bluekomadori for her wonderful brush settings and tutorial on digital water colour painting. Your work and tutorials are an
inspiration and everyone should check out her work. It’s EPIC!
This is the companion piece to my last Digithemed painting. If your curious question
is whether or not the Gabumon and Tsunomon in this painting are the same two
digimon from my last Digithemed painting then yes C: In this painting, the
Tsunomon from my first painting digievolved into Gabumon while Punimon became
I really loved how this turned out and I hope all my fellow Digidestineds enjoy
it as well. Feeling nostalgic yet?
I know I posted this piece fairly recently but when I finish the current epic commission I’m working on i will do a couple of paintings with a greater paint presence like this one. Kind of like how this one turned out.