D23 EXPO DAY 2 - DISNEY PARKS ANNOUNCEMENTS
STAR WARS LANDS (GALAXY’S EDGE)
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the official name of the Star Wars themed lands at Walt Disney World and Disneyland California.🌟
- The lands will be totally immersive.🌟
- In the remote trading port, on the light side of the lands, guests will have a chance to pilot the Millennium Falcon, and whether you land or crash it will determine how people treat you throughout the day! (THAT level of immersion) Also, depending on how you do in the ride, characters from “Star Wars: Rebels” will make appearances, either congratulating you on a job well done or sending a bounty hunter after you🌟
- There will also be another ride on the dark side of the Star Wars lands, which will be set inside a Star Destroyer hangar bay.🌟
- Throughout the Star Wars lands, guests can meet BB-8, Chewbacca, Kylo Ren and Rex from Star Tours.🌟
- There will also be a cantina restaurant, similar to the one in the movie, where guests can try Blue Milk.🌟
- There will be also “100% immersive” luxury Star Wars hotel coming to Walt Disney World only!🌟
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open first in Disneyland California, then in Walt Disney World.🌟
DISNEYLAND & CALIRFONIA ADVENTURE
- Marvel Land confirmed for California Adventure. Spider-Man and Avengers experience coming to Disney’s California Adventure! Disney hasn’t announced much, except that it’ll be a totally immersive experience.😱💥
- Fantasmic will return to Disneyland✨
- Cars Land will get Halloween makeover.
- Paradise Pier will turn into Pixar Pier at Disney’s California Adventure, with Pixar characters all over the area and permanent changes to the park include building new areas to help bring the worlds of Pixar to life.🎢
- Fantasmic will return to Disneyland✨
- Disneyland will get a new fireworks show, and the Pixar Play Parade will return to the park.💥
A Marvel hotel is coming to Disneyland Paris! “Disney’s Hotel New York” as it’s now called, will be reimagined into a Marvel themed wonderland!
“We’re going to create a hotel at Disneyland Paris that would make Tony Stark proud.”- Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek
- The park is apparently set for a MAJOR upgrade & overhaul, but Disney did revealed very little about their overall plan for the park. They shared a concept art photo for what it could look like in the future.🌐
- A Guardians of the Galaxy ride will replace Universe of Energy, which will close August 13, 2017. Epcot is becoming part of the story, as Peter Quill enjoyed visiting the park when he was a kid on Terra / Earth.☄️
- The Ratatouille ride from Disneyland Paris is coming to the France pavilion.🐭🇫🇷
- China will be getting a new seamless CircleVision film. 🇨🇳
- A new outer space-themed restaurant is also coming to the area next to Mission: Space.🌌
- Disney Skyliner will connect Disney resorts to Epcot.🚡
- It’s official! The famous TRON coaster from Disneyland Shanghai is coming to the Magic Kingdom! The ride will be built in a new area next to Space Mountain, and will NOT replace any existing rides. It will be open before 2021.💙
- A new entertainment venue will be added on Main Street at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. It is inspired by Kansas City’s Willis Wood Theatre in 1920s Kansas City, where Walt lived after he left Marceline. There’s no word on what this venue will hold yet.
- The Great Movie ride will close on August 13, 2017 to make way for a new attraction “Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway”! There will be “a great new theme song” for the attraction. Guests will step into the movie screen and onto Goofy’s train, riding through a Mickey and Minnie cartoon short.” 🐭The Imagineers says it’s not in 3D but rather “2 and a half D”, and this attraction will have more Hidden Mickeys than any other attraction ever!🐭
- TOY STORY LAND WILL OFFICIALY OPEN SUMMER 2018.🎪 The whole concept of the land is that you’ll find yourself shrunk to the size of a toy to explore the world of Andy’s backyard with your favorite Toy Story characters, including Woody and Buzz. There will be 2 major attractions: Slinky Dog Dash & Alien Swirling Saucers.🎪
- Slinky Dog Dash will be a family coaster attraction where you’ll zip, dodge and dash around many turns and drops that Andy has created to really make Slinky and his coils stretch to his limits.🐶
- Alien Swirling Saucers will also be a new attraction at Toy Story Land. It’s designed as a toy play set that Andy got from Pizza Planet, inspired by the first “Toy Story” film. Aliens are flying around in their toy flying saucers and trying to capture your rocket toy vehicle with “The Claw.”👽
WALT DISNEY WORLD TRANSPORTATION
The Disney Skyliner will give guests a bird’s-eye view of Walt Disney World & will transport guests form resorts to Hollywood Studios & Epcot! Disney has also announced Minnie Mouse themed cars that will act as an Uber-like service within Walt Disney World, that will take guests anywhere they want to go within the Walt Disney World Resort.