Chibiusa vanishing from the cute photo that both Usagi and Mamoru have is one of my all-time favourite subtle Sailor Moon moments.
Usagi and the girls never comment on it and it’s really only shown a few times during the season, but it is given enough attention that the show is obviously deliberately saying ‘So hey, remember how Chibiusa disappeared before? When Mamoru was lost to Usagi? Remember that thing happening?’.
It’s such a tiny little detail, and I love it.
(I actually spent a time wondering if the reason that Usagi never realised 'oh hey my future daughter ghosted the fuck out of the photo, the hell is with that’ was because the future had changed enough that Usagi and the others had lost their actual memories of Chibiusa and Crystal Tokyo….buuuut they mention her during Chibi Chibi’s intro episode, and the pink princess herself cameos into Usagi’s dream at the end. So let’s just to with 'Usagi had a lot on her mind at the time’).
This was quite hard in a way because most of there interactions are cuter off camera or in the background. These aren’t necessarily in the right order! 1. Ep 102 - when Jong Kook teases Ji Hyo by trying to rip her name - tag off. His smile says it all tbh
2. Ep 119 - Ji Hyo being nervous and looking on as Jong Kook rips off Choi Shin Soo’s nametag and then celebrating with each other by Jong Kook yelling out to Ji Hyo (like actually using her name)
3. Ep 117 - Jong kook and Ji Hyo laughing and tapping her shoulder at Gary’s chic behaviour after the jump. Jong Kook sliding his arm over Ji Hyo’s shoulders and patting it when he loses
4. Ep 124 - Jong Kook and Ji Hyo bickering XD Jong Kook protecting Ji Hyo from king Kwang Soo
5. Ep 129 - Jong Kook sacrificed Ji Hyo so they could win but his expression when they announced that she got ousted is painful ;( And he probably had a new resolve in eliminating Lee Joon and Sulli as revenge
6. Ep 173 - succeeding the find your pillow mission early and having loads of space but still deciding to lie down next to each other. Holding hands with each other due to the hectic atmosphere for the last pillow
7. Ep 220 - Jong Kook giving a death glare to Park Soo Hong when Ji Hyo asks him to get married that year and Soo Hong teasingly accepts
8. Ep 321 - Jong Kook staring at Ji Hyo whilst she cooks and feeds her with his chopsticks.
9. Ep 328 - Jong Kook smiling broadly at her doing aegyo and also hugging her first when they succeed the mission
10. Ep 333 - Jong Kook apparently thought that Ji Hyo would fall whilst getting the sheep back in their pen and so held her by the waist
11. Ep 324 - Jong Kook massaging Ji Hyo’s back whilst she sits down
From left to right the relevant guys from the cast:
Lieutenant Colonel Yūki: 180 cm Boys’ mothers (A & B): 155 cm Boy C: 95 cm Boy B: 110 cm Boy A: 125 cm Tazaki (EP 6 Seto Reiji): 173 cm SMERSH Assassin: 170 cm Man in black (Elena): 173 cm Anton Morozoff: 168 cm Colonel Mutō: 165 cm Lieutenant General Akutsu: 172 cm
Sadly neither the mothers nor the children have a name, not even in the picture. Pity.