Since we were children, for the most part, we received negative programming. Shad Helmstetter, Ph.D., Author of What To Say When You Talk To Your Self: Powerful New Techniques to Program Your Potential for Success! has discovered that during the first 18 years of our lives we have been told the word ‘no’ or what we could not do approximately 148,000 times. Do you think we would have grown up differently if we were told what we could do or what we could accomplish in life? – According to leading behavioral researchers, 77% of what we think is self-sabotage, self hate, negativity, counterproductive, and works against us. Don’t let yourself get in the way of YOURself! – Here are some ways to get rid of self-sabotage:
1. Be Self Aware Your life is like a restaurant menu. Order what you want for your life, if you don’t like it give it back, if you do, then keep it going! Explore who you are as a person and try new things out of your comfort zone. Embrace your insecurities because it what makes you who you are. Nobody is perfect.
2. Give No Power to The Word ‘No’ or ‘Can’t’ Whether it’s yourself that is telling your mind no or someone else… give no power to it! When you say you can’t do something, of course you won’t be able to do it when you say ‘no’ or ‘can’t’ without even trying. For example, if you are thinking about buying something expensive, listen to what you say: Do you say, “I can’t afford it!” or “How can I afford it?” – By saying you can’t afford it shuts down your mind from processing new ideas and financial vehicles on how you can afford it. Give. no. power. to. no.
3. Make No Excuses Don’t complain, don’t cry… just work hard and smart! By eliminating excuses, this will cut out the unproductive days you could be concurring. “Excuses sound best to the person who makes them up” – Tyrese Gibson
4. Have A Support System When you are confined by the walls you build yourself, this is a great time to turn to God, family members, or close loved ones. Pray specific prayers, don’t be afraid to ask, and always be thankful. There is always someone out there who has it going on worse than you do, so be grateful and appreciative for life and the support you have.
5. Unplug This technique helps you get back to self awareness. Whatever way you cope with unplugging from the world. Don’t be hesitant to take a break. Get away from technology, go for a walk, visit mother nature, read, etc. Don’t forget to come back to reality!
6. Spread Positivity Lend a helping hand (but don’t be taken advantage of), give back, smile to someone you walk by, understand peoples’ circumstances, be open minded, spread peace, and pray for the needy. Always dedicate to being a positive energy.
Remember, a negative mind will NEVER give you a positive life. Change your mind, and it will change your life forever!
Creating a Business Plan for Your Fashion Business
So you want to start a jewelry line, design handbags or dresses? Cool, I can’t wait to buy them from you! But before you run out and order business cards, purchase fabric and hire a publicist, you need to have a plan of action. I wanted to touch base on a business plan before discussing product and market analysis.
A business plan is a written document that describes how you will run your business. It covers the seven basic areas of business:
Product Development - continually refining what you’re offering for sales to meet the ever-changing needs of your potential customers. This is why fashion businesses produce new lines each season. You need to consistently offer new products to generate repeat customers otherwise you don’t have a business.
Marketing - continually taking action to become even more aware of your customer’s needs and informing your potential customers that your product (or service) is meant for them and why.
Sales - talking face-to-face with your potential customers and getting them to say, “Yes, I’ll buy from you.”
Operations - doing the work of the business. For example, if you’re in the business of designing handbags, operations would require meeting with a manufacturer to create samples, sourcing materials, exhibiting at trade shows, etc.
Personnel - managing the people who work for you. This is probably the hardest part of owning a business.
Finance - measure the financial results of your business and comparing them with your desired results, using this comparison to identify critical business issues.
Management - making sure the above six areas are working in concert to meet your goals for the business.
In each of the seven basic business areas, your business plan describes:
The results that you want to achieve
The activities that you need to be done to achieve them
The resources (money, people, time, equipment, etc.) required to perform these activities
The criteria you will use to evaluate the results
The reasons you believe the plan will succeed
Your business plan will also help you determine how much money you really need for your business. The only way to know how much money you really need is to decide what you’re going to do in each of the areas and figure out how much money it will take to do it.
You may find that no amount of money will help you have a profitable business. Perhaps you design on the side of a full-time career as a hobby. It is far cheaper to not to begin an ill-fated business than to learn by experience what a business plan would have taught you at the cost of several days of concentrated work.
Today should be the day that you want to do something different with your life (that is if you’re sick of it and know you can do better.)
Have you ever heard the saying, “if youre looking for a sign this is it.” ?
I am looking for people who know that they dont want to work for someone elses dream for the rest of their life. BUT MOST OF ALL, im looking for LGBT and GEN-Y people.
I sit down with business men my dads age a couple days a week and i want so badly to show my generation and my people how to make extra streams of income that can overtime lead into a 6 and or 7 figure income. its not impossible either because my mentor is in the 7 figure income category and my other mentor is in the 6 figure income category.
YOU have to want to do it and then i will show you.
Give me a call or a text for an interview and then set a date for an online presentation. Lets get this happening guys, lets do something great with our money for once and help empower people.
I want to start up a team of innovators. A group of 15-20 knowledge-hungry young entrepreneurs in different fields of study, from different backgrounds, and just create amazing stuff. Putting our ideas and imagination into action.