Hello, beautiful studyblr community!
So, lovely @educate-enrich-energise asked if I have any advice for her, since she has a new studyblr - I decided to make a masterpost for her! I hope you’ll enjoy this one and find it helpful! If you have any questions, you can message me anytime! ^^
0,5. What is a studyblr?
- Studyblr = Study + Tumblr
- Community of studyblr is made of everyone who has a tumblr related to studying, productivity, etc.! 99% of people in here is kind, nice & polite!
- Article about us!
0,75. Why should I create one?
- You’ll end up with bunch of study buddies - and make new friends!
- You can share your awesome accomplishments and wins!
- Looking at studyspo makes you more motivated to go study, increase your productivity, etc.!
- You can find here awesome masterposts, study tips, tricks, school hacks, etc.!
- There’s so much inspiration!!! <3
1. Creating a studyblr:
CHOOSING AN URL
- The best you can is to get it somehow related with studying, productivity, success, etc.! But please, don’t feel pressure to do so! You can honestly choose whatever you want and like!
- Loads of people use [their name]studies/studying or [something you adore]studies/studying
- Loads of other people also somehow use Hermione Granger’s reference
- Loads of another people use deformed forms of ‘studyblr’ or 'studying’, etc.
- Loads of different people use references of their favourite stationery/drinks/artists/famous people, etc., that are related to knowledge and education
- Some people prefer photos and some graphics, as header and icons, and it’s completely okay!
- You can for sure choose whatever you want to!
- Don’t feel a pressure to make your icon a selfie or flawless graphic!
- Lots of studyblrs doesn’t have it related with studying and education! As I said, the decision is up to you!
- You can find some free themes for your blog here!
2. My blog is all set-up. What do I do now?
- Lots of blogs start their “path” with an intro post
- You can introduce yourself by saying things that you’re comfortable with!
- It’s also common to list subjects or courses you’re taking
- You can add up links to your other socials + main blogs, so we can follow you!
- List people who inspired you when making your blog or your favourite studyblrs!
- Some predication about what you want to post will never go wrong!
- I love reading every random fact about yourself, you want us to know, as well!
Lots of people don’t know how to, or are shy to do so, but here are some tips you might find useful!
- Don’t be shy! Yes, I know how hard it is - I’m probably the most anxious person. But in all honesty, studyblr community is so welcoming! And it will never let you feel like your are left out.
- Also, please don’t be afraid to message me! I’ll for sure be your friend, if you want to! <3
- Be yourself. It’s all about that. Just be who you truly are, don’t be afraid about that. Nobody will judge you here! And if somebody will do, block that somebody.
- If you don’t want to make some informations about you public (such as age, or country you live in…), just say that you’re not comfortable sharing! We’ll respect it!
FILL YOUR DASHBOARD
- Ok, ok, so, as the studyblr, you’ll want to see inspiration. This is for sure. Here are some blogs that I LOVE and are definitely worth your follow: @dyslexicstudying , @study-and-fika , @mymidnightlatte , @studylou , @studycxlture , @elkstudies , @productivecoffee , @katsdesk , @ordinarystudies , @areistotle , @athenastudying , @bookmocha , @pythgaoras , @arystudies , @obsidianstudy , @academla , @studyign , @asazora , @studypetals , @studylikeaslytherin , @hqstudy , @sirenastudies , @gracelearns , @strivingforthatmd , @educatier , @studyguideverified , @emmastudies , @eintsein , @hbstudy , @cmstudy , @chic-studies , @blushstudy , @studylingue
- Feel free to add on your favourite studyblrs!
- Follow tags like #studyblr, #studyspo, #studying, #productivity, #bullet journals, etc.
3. What should I post and how can I get followers?
- Reblogging is the fastest way to share anything you like and that inspire you, and you’ll also get to know lot of people!
- You can reblog whatever you want to, it doesn’t have to be studyspo and motivational quotes 24/7
- Study-related-content-posts are photos of studyspace, stationery, notes, etc., motivational quotes, study music, masterposts, printables…
- REBLOG, DON’T REPOST - so, for the people who don’t know what that means, please note that reposting is saving somebody else’s picture/text/masterpost and then posting it and claiming it as yours - reblogging is basically when you click the 'reblog’ button on Tumblr, so it will appear at your blog
- Don’t remove captions when you reblog, because it’s part of what owner of the picture posted and it’s rude to do that!
- You can post whatever you want to!
- It can be text post where you rant about your day!
- It can be masterpost!
- It can be photo of you studying, your notes, etc.!
- It can be a study playlist + another one!
- It can be printable!
- It can be motivational quote! (You can create one here!)
- Anything that will come in to your mind & it also doesn’t have to be study related all the time!
Tag your original posts with #simmietakealook , so I can see them and reblog them!
- When you post original posts lot of people can find you and follow you, so that will definitely help!
- Be nice to people!
- Keep your blog active (I also recommend to use queue, that will be running nonstop, so your tumblr will be always active!)
- I think that’s it! As I said, being yourself is completely only thing that you need.
4. What is that cute stationery and where can I find it?
- First of all, you don’t need to spend $100 on stationery. You can post original content whether you have or don’t have expensive stationery! Your productivity will for sure not change if you are going to have macbook or not. Don’t feel any pressure about that!
- You can find places to get them here!
- Make some DIY school supplies?
- Bullet journals are planning systems which you can fully customize. Learn more here and if you can start one, watch this!
5. How about the apps and extensions?
- I believe that everything you’ll need is here!
So, I believe this is everything you’ll need in your first days of studyblr! I really hope that this helped you, and that you will find studyblr community helpful!
P.S.: Request or ask anything here!