Okay I have zero idea whether this worked the first time but just in case it didn't: rebelcaptain FBI agent au?
FUCK ME UP THIS IS THE AU I NEED
1. They initially met at Quantico during training. She was blasting the shit out of the paper targets and Cassian was admittedly impressed. They were eventually the last ones left at the range and they ended up in a silent, passive-aggressive competition to see who could empty their clip the fastest and with the best accuracy. Cassian was about 92% convinced that he was imaging her side-eyes and unspoken challenges, until when as she was leaving, she tossed her ripped-apart target in front of him casually and said, “I win.” (the only coherent thought he had was ‘…fuck’)
2. They don’t meet again until several years later though. Jyn gets herself a reputation for being a bit of a hardass. She can shoot terrorists and killers without batting an eye. People joke behind her back that she’s part-robot. She just wants to make a difference for herself, protect people like she wasn’t protected growing up, but it’s made her closed off in fear of getting burned again, getting hurt. She gets called in on a case due to a possible connection between her and the suspect (if this has to do with her father, she is going to punch someone).
3. Cassian’s parents were murdered when he was a child. Their killer was never caught, and he regularly pours over their file, even though it was 20 years ago and the case has long been cold (maybe he’ll find something, someday). His latest case is looking like business tycoon, Saw Gerrera, might have something to do with it, though and there’s another agent who has a connection with him, so he’s been told they’re bringing her in or something.
“Agent Andor, this is Agent Jyn Erso.”
“Agent Erso - wait. Have we -?”
“We’ve met. I handed your ass to you at the Quantico shooting range once.”
4. If Jyn represses her emotions (poor child) then Cassian has the opposite problem. He feels everything that he does. He still remembers the name of he first man he ever had to kill (Tivik might have been a lunatic serial killer, but still). He struggles with all the horrors the job brings, but he does it anyway, because he wont let anyone else have to live with not knowing what happened to the ones they’ve lost. Working with Jyn is the Wildest Thing he’s ever done, but they soon develop a mutual respect for each other over the course of that first case. He’s the one to arrest Saw, since he’s pretty sure Jyn would kill him if she got anywhere near him.
(She cries. He holds her. Whoever spread rumours that this woman was a robot is a fucking idiot).
5. They’re assigned as partners from that case on. On the outside it’s easy to notice the rapport they have for each other. It’s clear that they work extremely well together, but what’s harder to see is the emotional bond. It started as another challenge at the shooting range, but soon extended to bringing round food after tough cases, watching movies together, or calling each other at 3am when their demons won’t let them sleep. Their boss may suspect something deeper.
(He may be right).