Crystals have been used for thousands of years to protect and enhance personal energy. They have the ability to focus energy and generate minute electrical currents that interact with the currents in the human body and environment. Crystals are an amazing way to cleanse, amplify, and protect one’s energy.
As a highly sensitive empath, I absorb energy from everything. Not only am I affected by the emotions and attitudes of other people, but I’m extremely sensitive to things like geopathic stress and electromagnetic stress. This often leads to exhaustion, irritability, and overwhelm.
Geopathic stress: Stress created by electromagnetic radiation, ley lines, and underground water. It’s also present in “sick building syndrome”. Injurious to health, it can affect the immune system as well as the body’s innate psychic protection and may attract ghosts or hold impressions of previous events.
Electromagnetic stress: Disharmony caused by the subtle emanations of electrical, microwave, computer, phone and radio frequencies, as well as power lines.
The following list features 10 of my favorite crystals that have been the most beneficial in managing sensitivities and raising my vibration:
Known as one of the most protective stones, labradorite creates an interface around the aura that filters out energies that are not beneficial and enhances spiritual connection. It allows one to be aware of other’s feelings and emotions without being overwhelmed by them. Labradorite enhances physic abilities, aligns physical and subtle bodies, and strengthens the aura.
Tip: If you’re prone to nightmares and restless sleep, try holding a labradorite palm stone at bedtime. I sleep with one every night and it has helped me immensely. Just remember to cleanse it in-between uses!
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: rainbow moonstone, black moonstone, spectrolite
Also known as celestite, this high vibrational stone links one to higher realms and stimulates spiritual insights. It facilitates inner peace, helps to disperse anxieties and calm the emotions while promoting clarity of mind. This beautiful crystal heals the aura, assists in conflict resolution, and helps maintain a harmonious atmosphere in times of stress.
Tip: Try meditating with one of these stones and record any insights you might have in a journal afterwards. I’ve been amazed at some of the profound breakthroughs I’ve had while spending time with this amazing crystal.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: blue lace agate, angelite, phantom quartz, apophyllite
This variety of quartz is a natural antidepressant. Its powerful healing energies gently lift the conditions underlying the depression to the surface, neutralizing ancient anger and grief. It can reach back into past lives to dissolve the roots of emotional dis-ease that is pervading the present life. Lithium quartz is an excellent cleanser for the body’s energy centers and is extremely useful as a healer for plants and animals.
Tip: If feeling lethargic or low on energy, carry a small lithium quartz point with you in your pocket. Lithium quartz can function like an emotional battery for those that are sensitive to the vibration of this stone.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: quartz with hematite, elestial quartz, vanadinite, zeolite
Black tourmaline, also known as schorl; protects agains cell phones, electromagnetic smog, radiation, ill wishing, and negative energies of all kinds. Black tourmaline is the most effective block to psychic attack and is extremely efficient at absorbing negative energy. It helps one adopt a positive attitude regardless of the circumstances.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: shungite, black kyanite, jet, tourmalinated quartz
Known as the stone of unconditional love and forgiveness, gentle rose quartz opens the heart and transforms negative emotions into positive ones. It’s an excellent stone to use during crisis or trauma, as it quickly brings peace. It transmutes negative emotional conditioning and supports positive affirmations. It purifies and opens the heart at all levels and brings deep inner healing and self-love.
Tip: Wear a rose quartz pendant over your heart to promote self-love, tranquility, and emotional healing.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: rhodochrosite, pink danburite, rhodonite, pink petalite, pink kunzite
A strongly protective stone, especially against electromagnetic and geopathic pollution, as well as psychic attack. Fluorite stabilizes energy and shuts off mental manipulation. This stone cleanses and stabilizes the aura. Fluorite grounds and integrates spiritual energies and assists in dissolving illusions and negative mental patterning. Emotionally, fluorite has a grounding effect.
Tip: Place a piece of fluorite on a computer or between yourself and the source of electromagnetic fog.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: amazonite, green aventurine, bloodstone
Smoky quartz is one of the most efficient grounding and anchoring stones. It helps alleviate fears, soothes an active mind, and promotes emotional calmness. This protective stone gently neutralizes negative vibrations, absorbs electromagnetic smog, and blocks geopathic stress. Smoky quartz is a powerful antidote to stress and assists in tolerating difficult times while bringing in positive energy.
Tip: To dispel stress, place a stone in each hand and sit quietly for a few moments. Cleanse the stones thoroughly between uses.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: hematite, smoky elestial quartz, apache tear obsidian
Amethyst is an extremely powerful and protective stone with a high vibration. It guards against psychic attack, transmuting energy into love. A natural tranquilizer, amethyst blocks against geopathic stress and negative environmental energies. Its serenity enhances higher states of consciousness. Amethyst has strong healing and cleansing powers, and enhances spiritual awareness.
Tip: Place a cleansed amethyst point towards you to draw in positive energy, and point one away from you to dispel negative energy.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: ametrine, lepidolite, rutilated quartz, lilac kunzite, purple fluorite
Selenite is a high vibrational stone that is said to occupy the space between light and matter. It’s an excellent crystal for repairing and re-energizing the aura. Selenite is a calming stone that instils deep peace and is excellent for spiritual work and meditation. Selenite does not allow outside influences to penetrate. A large piece within the house promotes a peaceful atmosphere.
Tip: Place other crystals, talismans, and pendants on a piece of selenite overnight for cleansing.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: dessert rose selenite, peach moonstone, himalayan rock salt
An excellent stone for grounding one in present reality, carnelian is one of the oldest known healing stones. It energizes and restores vitality to the immune system. Carnelian promotes positive life choices and immense motivation, and assists one in trusting perceptions. This is a useful stone for overcoming negative emotional or mental conditioning. It calms anger and assists in banishing emotional negativity, while sharpening concentration. Mentally, carnelian improves analytic abilities and clarifies perception.
Tip: Carnelian placed near the front door of a home invokes protection and invites abundance.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: citrine, tigers eye, golden calcite, orang-brown selenite, amber
I hope you find these crystals as beneficial as I do. Enjoy!
So the Humans are Weird tag keeps popping up and I absolutely love it, so I’m going to add!
So everyone talks about pack bonding and how humans are super friendly but imagine the aliens trying to find out why and discovering the humans actually have the ability to tap into empathetic fields. To feel a small bit of what another person if feeling.
Like they don’t have to be looking at someone to tell if they’re upset. They just ‘feel’ it. Like 'so I just got a call from Jenny and she seems sad’. And the alien is like 'she sounded fine to me?’ but the humans like 'no, no, I know Jenny, something is wrong’ and guess what something is.
Or how in really tense situations humans sort of just MOVE together. Shift and cover each other’s blind spots without even talking or looking. How they just seem to know when someone is upset and the aliens are like cool low level hive mind.
And then they find out about mob mentality and that freaks them out, that someone can get so caught up in the emotions of a group they basically become one person in 100 bodies. About how when humans go to conserts and dance the music just enhances Thier emotions and they all get in sync and that’s why humans like music so much, it strengthens that empathetic connection!
And then they realize that yes, when the John-human winces because Mizan smashed his finger TS because he somehow 'felt’ that and they’re all like wait no and the realize yeah, Humans can tap into us too.
Tavik is going threw a rough patch with Thier mate but doesn’t tell anyone and acts the exact same so HOW DOES THIS HUMAN KNOW IM UPSET? And all the aliens are like forget telepathy, humans just freaking FEEL this stuff.
An Empath is a person who has the ability to feel and share other people’s feelings and pains. Empaths are very sensitive to their surroundings, what they eat, and who they are around. Naturally, Empaths are kind, good-hearted, spiritually attuned, and excellent listeners.
Are you an Empath?
You know stuff without being told
Public places, like malls or busy grocery shops, can be overwhelming
You feel others emotions and pains by taking them on as your own
Seeing violence, cruelty, bullying is unbearable.
You know when someone is lying to you
You pick up physical symptoms off of other people such as colds, body aches, headaches, pains, etc.
You have digestive disorders or lower back pains.
You are always looking out for the underdog. Anyone whose suffering, in emotional pain or being bullied draws your attention.
Others will always want to unload problems on you, even strangers.
You are a good listener.
You are constantly tired and drained of energy.
You are drawn to healing, holistic therapies, and all things metaphysical.
You have a creative streak and a vivid imagination.
You have a love for nature and animals. You find yourself constantly outside connecting with animals and seeking refuge in nature.
You need lots of alone time or you will go crazy.
You get bored or easily distracted if not stimulated.
You find it impossible participate in things you do not enjoy.
You strive for truth and honesty
You are always looking for answer and knowledge. You always are found with you nose in a book.
You like adventure, freedom, and traveling.
You have a messy room, desk, locker, etc.
You constantly and seem to be in your own little world.
You find rules, routine, and control imprisoning.
You find yourself prone to gaining weight without necessarily overeating
You are able to sense the energy of food and often do not eat meat from an animal that was mistreated.
You have been labeled as overly emotional or too sensitive.
Your feelings are hurt easily.
Animals and children take a natural liking to you.
You are fairly quiet especially in crowds.
If you answered yes to all or most of these you are definitely an empath.
Ways to cope with Empathy:
Allow yourself to have lots of quiet time without electronics. Curl up with a book and put on soothing music instead.
Take time out of your day to sit in nature
Pet a dog, cat, horse, rabbit, etc.
If crowds are overwhelming, eat a high-protein meal beforehand (this grounds you) and sit in the far corner, not dead center.
Cleanse your space, aura, and chakras of negative energy
Practise breathing exercises
Carry or wear protective crystals
Develop a energy shield for your body
Crystals for Empaths:
Rose quartz - Helps push away negativity, provides a bit of extra energy, excellent for grounding.
Black tourmaline - Protects from negative energy.
Amethyst - Helps to heighten and sharpen an empath’s intuition.
Lepidolite - Eases any anxieties empaths have when around other people. This crystal is well known for its power, peace, and its ability to promote luck, love, and sleep.
Malachite - Removes emotional blockages and helps calm when you are in a stressful situation. Absorbs any negative feeling you might hold inside of you.
Amazonite - Helps balance emotions.
Citrine - Repels negative energy. Relieves depression and mood swings. Opens the mind to new thoughts, helps with dream recall, and increases self esteem.
Obsidian - Repels negative energy, grounds you, and balances emotions.
Aqua Aura Quartz - Deflects and traps harmful energies.
Essential Oils for Empaths:
Basil - Lifts fatigue, anxiety, and depression.
Frankincense - Has an uplifting effect, prevents people from draining energy, helps your concentration, and clears mind clutter.
Geranium - Uplifting, decreases anxiety and nervous tension.
Jasmine - Mood enhancer, balances emotions, boosts self-esteem and lifts anxiety and depression.
Lavender - Balances emotions, relaxes body and mind, and clears negative energy.
Marjoram - Calms emotional trauma
Rose - Mood enhancer.
Sage - Uplifting, grounding, relaxing, prevents people from draining energy, and good for anxiety.
Empathy is the highest level of human interaction and understanding. Lay down the ego, bask only in love. Shut the eyes, see only the soul. Open the mind, let only peace dwell here. Let kindness be the guide, let empathy be the way.
1. Be yourself. Live authentically. To quote Dr. Suess, “There is no one alive that is you’er than you.” Don’t try to be someone you’re not to impress people. You will always be happiest when you are being your true self.
2. Contribute to the world in any way that you can. Maybe for you that’s picking up garbage on your way home from work, or giving money to a homeless person on the street, but you will become a more positive person if you are giving back.
3. Be grateful. Acknowledge how fortunate you are and be thankful that you have simple things like heating, food, and shelter. If you are grateful you will always be able to think more positively.
4. Be optimistic. So maybe you missed your 10:30 showing of Beauty And The Beast, are there later showings? Can you plan a rain check? Wouldn’t coffee be nice instead?
5. Surround yourself with positive people. Odds are, if you spend your time with negative people you’ll become more negative. When we are around positive people we become more positive ourselves.
6. Don’t be discouraged. You will never fail until you stop trying!
7. Be a realist. Everyone has their bad days, everyone. Lest, I remind you that Walt Disney, J.K. Rowling, and Steven Spielberg, were all rejected before they ever succeeded.
8. Be like Elsa and let it go. Okay so Elsa may not have been the most positive person at first, but by the end of the movie she learned to make a positive out of what was once a negative situation! Don’t hold on to anger, fear, or hurt. Keep moving forward and forgive others and yourself.
9. Help someone else. It’s so easy to make someone’s entire day. Compliment someone’s new clothes or hair cut, hold doors open for people, smile at strangers and share inspirational quotes with friends. You will feel so much happier and positive if you make someone else feel that way.
10. Kick fear to the curb. Stop letting “what if’s” control your life. Be brave and trying something new, or do something that might scare you. Doing something is always better than doing nothing; you might just surprise yourself!
11. Stop and smell the roses. Appreciate everything around you: sights, smells, music. When we don’t take time to breathe we become stressed.
12. Put down those chips. Junk food might make you feel good for a moment but it will only make you feel unhappy down the road. Swap a milkshake for a smoothie, Soda for a glass of water or a cup of green tea, ice cream for a fruit bowl and so on. We can actually eat a lot more raw foods than processed foods without gaining weight or feeling bloated.
13. Get out there. Make plans! Stop scrolling through instagram and snap stories feeling bad about yourself because it’s a Friday night and you’re at home. It’s always nice to stay in every now and then but it’s also enjoyable to get out into the world and socialize.
14. Get your beauty sleep. 7 hours minimum to function and 8 ideally. It’s impossible to be positive when you’re cranky from not getting enough z’s.
15. Exercise. Find the exercise for you. Maybe it’s swimming, hiking, cycling, yoga, dance, or basketball. Working out will make you feel powerful, happy, and accomplished.
16. Don’t compare yourself to others. Other people’s beauty does not take away from your own. Yes, Sarah from math class has a really nice smile…but have you seen yours? Wow.
17. Accept yourself. Change what you can change and love what you can’t.
18. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Take yourself out of the situation. Is this really a big deal? Will it affect you tomorrow? What about next week? Next month?
19. Be empathetic. Your friend just cancelled your plans for the evening because he is feeling too anxious. What can you say to show him that you’re accepting of his situation? Can you offer up an alternative plan? People want to spend time with people who are kind and accepting of them.
20. Accept that life isn’t linear. There are always going to be ups and downs and that is absolutely normal! You just have to ride the wave instead of letting yourself drown.
So as many know, being an empath without knowing how to control it sucks 😖 let’s try something that have helped me 😀🤗
🌟NOTE: THIS WILL REQUIRE PRACTICE AND PATIENCE 🌟
💕hold your hand out
💕imagine a white ball of light in your hand about the size of a baseball
💕put intent in that bad boy. Ex. Only my emotions are allowed in.
💕focus on that ball and let it move
💕let it run around your whole body
💕 don’t make it any bigger than the baseball, it will stretch
💕let that white light coat you like a second skin.
💕now focus to let that energy move around you at all times
💕you might feel tired after (hence practice)
💕you will feel your energy moving on your skin
💕that energy has now become a barrier
💕it is going to run along your skin as a normal
💕the longer it is practiced the easier it becomes before it becomes second nature
This helps me keep my emotions in me and everyone else’s away, I only let a small portion open when I want to know something that I am picking up on. It won’t completely cut off your empathness but dull everything around you to tolerable standards. I hope this helps even one of you 🤗 blessings to you and yours
Empath - a person with the paranormal ability to apprehend the mental or emotional state of another individual.
Shields – Sage, Patchouli, Frankincense, Bay Laurel. Shielding essential oils help to keep our own energy closed, keeping our energy to ourselves and not allowing other people to penetrate and drain us energetically. Self-love boosters – Jasmine, Rose, Sandalwood, Lavender, Neroli, Ylang-Ylang, Vanilla. Many Empaths take on the burdens of others and it gets to be too much. These oils will help you open your heart to receive back from the Universe and heal the parts of yourself that need some TLC. Grounding – Angelica Seed, Clary Sage, Rosemary, Patchouli, Frankincense, Myrrh. Because so many Empaths spend much of their time projecting themselves outside of their own bodies, it can be hard to stay grounded or recognize your own feelings/emotions from others. Any of these oils will work to help you feel safe and rooted to your own body and emotions.