Crystals have been used for thousands of years to protect and enhance personal vitality. They have the ability to focus energy and generate minute electrical currents that interact with the currents in the human body and environment. Crystals are an amazing way to cleanse, amplify, and protect one’s energy.
As a highly sensitive empath, I absorb energy from everything. Not only am I affected by the emotions and attitudes of other people, but I’m extremely sensitive to things like geopathic stress and electromagnetic stress. This often leads to exhaustion, irritability, and overwhelm.
Geopathic stress: Stress created by electromagnetic radiation, ley lines, and underground water. It’s also present in “sick building syndrome”. Injurious to health, it can affect the immune system as well as the body’s innate psychic protection and may attract ghosts or hold impressions of previous events.
Electromagnetic stress: Disharmony caused by the subtle emanations of electrical, microwave, computer, phone and radio frequencies, as well as power lines.
The following list features 10 of my favorite crystals that have been the most beneficial in managing sensitivities and raising my vibration:
Known as one of the most protective stones, labradorite creates an interface around the aura that filters out energies that are not beneficial and enhances spiritual connection. It allows one to be aware of other’s feelings and emotions without being overwhelmed by them. Labradorite enhances psychic abilities, aligns physical and subtle bodies, and strengthens the aura.
Tip: If you’re prone to nightmares and restless sleep, try holding a labradorite palm stone at bedtime. I sleep with one every night and it has helped me immensely. Just remember to cleanse it in between uses!
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: rainbow moonstone, black moonstone, spectrolite
Also known as celestite, this high vibrational stone links one to higher realms and stimulates spiritual insights. It facilitates inner peace, helps to disperse anxieties and calm the emotions while promoting clarity of mind. This beautiful crystal heals the aura, assists in conflict resolution, and helps maintain a harmonious atmosphere in times of stress.
Tip: Try meditating with one of these stones and record any insights you might have in a journal afterwards. I’ve been amazed at some of the profound breakthroughs I’ve had while spending time with this amazing crystal.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: blue lace agate, angelite, phantom quartz, apophyllite
This variety of quartz is a natural antidepressant. Its powerful healing energies gently lift the conditions underlying the depression to the surface, neutralizing ancient anger and grief. It can reach back into past lives to dissolve the roots of emotional dis-ease that is pervading the present life. Lithium quartz is an excellent cleanser for the body’s energy centers and is extremely useful as a healer for plants and animals.
Tip: If feeling lethargic or low on energy, carry a small lithium quartz point with you in your pocket. Lithium quartz can function like an emotional battery for those that are sensitive to its vibration.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: quartz with hematite, elestial quartz, vanadinite, zeolite
Black tourmaline, also known as schorl; protects agains cell phones, electromagnetic smog, radiation, ill wishing, and negative energies of all kinds. Black tourmaline is the most effective block to psychic attack and is extremely efficient at absorbing negative energy. It helps one adopt a positive attitude regardless of the circumstances.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: shungite, black kyanite, jet, tourmalinated quartz
Known as the stone of unconditional love and forgiveness, gentle rose quartz opens the heart and transforms negative emotions into positive ones. It’s an excellent stone to use during crisis or trauma, as it quickly brings peace. It transmutes negative emotional conditioning and supports positive affirmations. It purifies and opens the heart at all levels and brings deep inner healing and self-love.
Tip: Wear a rose quartz pendant over your heart to promote self-love, tranquility, and emotional healing.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: rhodochrosite, pink danburite, rhodonite, pink petalite, pink kunzite
A strongly protective stone, especially against electromagnetic and geopathic pollution, as well as psychic attack. Fluorite stabilizes energy and shuts off mental manipulation. This stone cleanses and stabilizes the aura. Fluorite grounds and integrates spiritual energies and assists in dissolving illusions and negative mental patterning. Emotionally, fluorite has a grounding effect.
Tip: Place a piece of fluorite on a computer or between yourself and the source of electromagnetic fog.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: amazonite, green aventurine, bloodstone
Smoky quartz is one of the most efficient grounding and anchoring stones. It helps alleviate fears, soothes an active mind, and promotes emotional calmness. This protective stone gently neutralizes negative vibrations, absorbs electromagnetic smog, and blocks geopathic stress. Smoky quartz is a powerful antidote to stress and assists in tolerating difficult times while bringing in positive energy.
Tip: To dispel stress, place a stone in each hand and sit quietly for a few moments. Cleanse the stones thoroughly between uses.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: hematite, smoky elestial quartz, apache tear obsidian
Amethyst is an extremely powerful and protective stone with a high vibration. It guards against psychic attack, transmuting energy into love. A natural tranquilizer, amethyst blocks against geopathic stress and negative environmental energies. Its serenity enhances higher states of consciousness. Amethyst has strong healing and cleansing powers, and enhances spiritual awareness.
Tip: Place a cleansed amethyst point towards you to draw in positive energy, and point one away from you to dispel negative energy.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: ametrine, lepidolite, rutilated quartz, lilac kunzite, purple fluorite
Selenite is a high vibrational stone that is said to occupy the space between light and matter. It’s an excellent crystal for repairing and re-energizing the aura. Selenite is a calming stone that instils deep peace and is excellent for spiritual work and meditation. Selenite does not allow outside influences to penetrate. A large piece within the house promotes a peaceful atmosphere.
Tip: Place other crystals, talismans, and pendants on a piece of selenite overnight for cleansing.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: dessert rose selenite, peach moonstone, himalayan rock salt
An excellent stone for grounding one in present reality, carnelian is one of the oldest known healing stones. It energizes and restores vitality to the immune system. Carnelian promotes positive life choices and immense motivation, and assists one in trusting perceptions. This is a useful stone for overcoming negative emotional or mental conditioning. It calms anger and assists in banishing emotional negativity, while sharpening concentration. Mentally, carnelian improves analytic abilities and clarifies perception.
Tip: Carnelian placed near the front door of a home invokes protection and invites abundance.
Stones with similar vibrational qualities: citrine, tigers eye, golden calcite, orange-brown selenite, amber
I hope you find these crystals as beneficial as I do. Enjoy!
12 Little Known Laws Of Karma That Will Change Your Life
What is Karma? Karma is the Sanskrit word for action. It is equivalent to Newton’s law of ‘every action must have a reaction’. When we think, speak or act we initiate a force that will react accordingly. This returning force maybe modified, changed or suspended, but most people will not be able eradicate it.
This law of cause and effect is not punishment, but is wholly for the sake of education or learning.
A person may not escape the consequences of his actions, but he will suffer only if he himself has made the conditions ripe for his suffering. Ignorance of the law is no excuse whether the laws are man-made or universal. To stop being afraid and to start being empowered in the worlds of karma and reincarnation, here is what you need to know about karmic laws.
1. THE GREAT LAW
– “As you sow, so shall you reap”. This is also known as the “Law of Cause and Effect”. – Whatever we put out in the Universe is what comes back to us. – If what we want is Happiness, Peace, Love, Friendship… Then we should BE Happy, Peaceful, Loving and a True Friend.
2. THE LAW OF CREATION
– Life doesn’t just HAPPEN, it requires our participation. – We are one with the Universe, both inside and out. – Whatever surrounds us gives us clues to our inner state. – BE yourself, and surround yourself with what you want to have present in your Life.
3. THE LAW OF HUMILITY
– What you refuse to accept, will continue for you. – If what we see is an enemy, or someone with a character trait that we find to be negative, then we ourselves are not focused on a higher level of existence.
4. THE LAW OF GROWTH
– “Wherever you go, there you are”. – For us to GROW in Spirit, it is we who must change – and not the people, places or things around us. – The only given we have in our lives is OURSELVES and that is the only factor we have control over. – When we change who and what we are within our heart our life follows suit and changes too.
5. THE LAW OF RESPONSIBILITY
– Whenever there is something wrong in my life, there is something wrong in me. – We mirror what surrounds us – and what surrounds us mirrors us; this is a Universal Truth. – We must take responsibility what is in our life.
6.THE LAW OF CONNECTION
– Even if something we do seems inconsequential, it is very important that it gets done as everything in the Universe is connected. – Each step leads to the next step, and so forth and so on. – Someone must do the initial work to get a job done. – Neither the first step nor the last are of greater significance, – As they were both needed to accomplish the task. – Past-Present-Future they are all connected…
7. THE LAW OF FOCUS
– You can not think of two things at the same time. – When our focus is on Spiritual Values, it is impossible for us to have lower thoughts such as greed or anger.
8. THE LAW OF GIVING AND HOSPITALITY
– If you believe something to be true,then sometime in your life you will be called upon to demonstrate that particular truth. – Here is where we put what we CLAIM that we have learned, into actual
9. PRACTICE. THE LAW OF HERE AND NOW
– Looking backward to examine what was, prevents us from being totally in the HERE AND NOW. – Old thoughts, old patterns of behavior, old dreams… – Prevent us from having new ones.
10. THE LAW OF CHANGE
– History repeats itself until we learn the lessons that we need to change our path.
11. THE LAW OF PATIENCE AND REWARD
– All Rewards require initial toil. – Rewards of lasting value require patient and persistent toil. – True joy follows doing what we’re suppose to be doing, and waiting for the reward to come in on its own time.
12. THE LAW OF SIGNIFICANCE AND INSPIRATION
– You get back from something whatever YOU have put into it. – The true value of something is a direct result of the energy and intent that is put into it. – Every personal contribution is also a contribution to the Whole. – Lack luster contributions have no impact on the Whole, nor do they work to diminish it. – Loving contributions bring life to, and inspire, the Whole.
things to do to increase psychic abilities. these are what i personally do as a claircognizant empath to enhance my knowledge of the world around me 🌻🌎💫
pull a daily tarot card, rune, or other divination device
sit down and paint something impressionistic. “but Mason!” you say, “I’m not an artist!!” well, bullshit. you don’t needa be artistic for this one, kiddos. i just use an index card and a small brush, then pick whatever colors im feeling that day. is it swirly? edgy? scattered? dark? light? interpret this, then reflect later to see if it was correct
think of a person you’re gonna see in the upcoming day. what outfit are they wearing? is their hair different? is there something in their teeth? write these things down, then see later if they are correct
meditate. yes yes i know, the dreaded tip. if you have adhd like me, or you just can’t sit still, do it while stretching, walking, cleaning, showering, or doing any monotonous work. even if it’s only for 3 minutes. just focus on what you hear, see, smell, feel, etc. it helps, trust me
keep a dream journal (yea i know, another dreaded tip)
write down every little thing that could maybe possibly be considered psychic. get a call from someone you were just thinking about? guessed what song would be next on shuffle? write it down
speaking of song guessing on shuffle, do it!! it’s simple and fun, even if you don’t get it right every time
spend more time with your divination tools, even if you aren’t actively using them. put them near your pillow (okay no lie this tip reeeeaaaallyyy helps), take them to work, put them next to your bath, whatever works for you
raise your vibration. and i know this can mean a lot of things for different people, and it also sounds rly hippy, but listen. what i mean is, constantly check yourself- your surroundings, your random thoughts, your emotions, etc. set an alarm to remind you to be more aware, if you gotta. if you are aware of what’s going on externally and within, you will be more prone to noticing your psychic tendencies
make your own sigils. this is one of the easiest form of magick, and can be done by anyone. make sigils for everything- “i am psychic,” “i am confident,” “i am suspected of secretly being Godzilla,” honestly everything. the point isn’t to make sigils that necessarily work, it’s just to sit down and put an intention into physical form. this is kinda like the painting one, except instead of thinking abt what could happen, you’re stating what will/is happening, which is important.
place a piece of amethyst on your forehead for a few seconds every night while laying in bed. doesn’t have to be too long, just long enough to let your muscles relax and let out all the tension from the day
and thats it! feel free to add more if you can think of something i didn’t put
✨ Hi everyone! By popular request, I’m going to be covering the topic of psychic/spiritual gifts and how to fully utilize them. Before I get into it, I want to clarify that EVERYONE has these abilities but not everyone is aware of them. Some people have easier access to their gifts, much like how some people struggle at math while others naturally excel (lmao not me). Like any skill, psychic abilities can be strengthen and exercised through dedication, consistency, and patience. You won’t instantly wake up as fucking Jesus. Another note, being ‘psychic’ isn’t as wild and whimsical as it sounds. It can be at times but don’t expect to start seeing ghosts popping up on every corner or fairies chilling out in your bedroom. It doesn’t work like that! The energy is much more subtle and takes time to understand, much like learning anew language. Anyways, lemme shut up and get into this shit….🔮🔮
1. Be conscious of you health & drink tons of water!Your body is a vessel for your spirit and, if it’s not functioning at it’s fullest capacity, it will limit your connection to your higher-self. Water is also a cleansing/charging tool for the body, mind, and spirit. When you’re doing readings or energy readings for other people it can be extremely draining for your soul. It’s important to replenish through water, high-vibrational foods, and keeping the energy circulating with exercise. For those of you with chronic illness or physical limitations, it’s okay if you can’t do intense exercise everyday. Do as much as you can within your given situation! Respect your body, it takes good care of your soul and is the vehicle for all of your spiritual work!
2. Meditation + meditation + meditation. I feel like this is the dreaded tip because so many people convince themselves that meditating is hard! My suggestion is to sit or lie down for five minutes after you take a shower in the morning/night. Be still and take a few breaths. It’s completely normal for thoughts to pop into your head. Don’t try to push them away! Instead, acknowledge them & then set them aside. Keep focusing on the stillness. Move your attention into your body. Is your breathing natural and rhythmic? Are your shoulders tense? Is there any discomfort? Keep breathing deeply until all of the tension evaporates. Next, try to extend your awareness to the energy around you. What does the energy of the room feel like? What are you hearing? Are you smelling anything new or unusual? Can you physically feel energy? Keep expanding your energy during meditation until you feel connected to the space that you’re in. You should finish feeling a buzzing energy flowing through your body. This is called a receptive or psychic state. Learn how to reach and hold this state because it will increase the clarity of your intuition x100!
3. Be present.Realize that these gifts are with you 24/7 and you can practice them whenever, all you have to do is live calmly in the moment. If you’re not actively listening then how are you ever going to receive messages? Psychic energy usually comes in gentle, subtle waves which means we have to be attentive if we wan’t to feel it. Focus is also necessary. You can’t fully receive info from your intuition while also thinking about a million other things!
4. Listen to high-vibrational music!I’m a hoe for rap music and alternative-pop artists with lyrics that are either depressing af or kind of trashy haha. While music is awesome, it also carries a vibration that can influence our own state of being. The majority o music being made now produces a lower vibration which blocks some of our receptivity. In order to boost your vibration again, listen to about 5 minutes of 528hz or 432hz beats at the end of the day! 528hz & 432hz are described as restorative, healing frequencies that help us get our energetic shit together. I always feel 100x better after five minutes of listening! I’ll link some of my faves!
5. Journal & then journal some fucking more! Write down predictions so you can check them later, record any spiritual experiences, and possibly try some automatic writing. To tap into my intuition, I like to just as a question and write down the first things that come to mind. Don’t worry about rather or not they make sense, literally DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT. When you feel like you’ve written everything you need, read over what you wrote and see if any of it connects. Look for an answer within the random shit that came to mind. 9/10 you’ll find what you need! This teaches you to trust that little voice in your head or the visions that come to your minds eye.
6. Practice, duh. Ask your friends if they’re okay with you trying to read their aura or pull some cards for them! Think of your psychic abilities as a muscle, in order to strengthen them you have to actually put in the work. One of my favorite exercises is a guessing game involving cards. You can use playing cards, tarot cards, UNO cards, whatever! Place the deck face down and, before you pull from the top of the deck, try to guess what card you’re going to flip over. Then do it again and again until you’re damn near 100% accurate. Or until you’re wrist is exhausted form flipping over cards all night. Whichever one comes first! Another wonderful exercise is psychometry which is the act of reading an object. It’s easier to start off with an object with tons of energy such as a wedding ring, anything metal, a beloved stuffed animal, or a crystal. Try to find the story behind the object and really feel the energy behind it!
7. Get yo self some crystal babies! I’m obsessed with crystals. I seriously can not live without my children! Crystals hold energetic properties that can help us align with out psychic nature and enhance our gifts. There are tons of options but some of my personal favorites for intuitive + psychics are amethyst, clear quartz, black tourmaline, labradorite, rose quartz, and fluorite.
8. Leave your house and go out in nature. You don’t have to live near an abundant forest or breathtaking mountain to reap the spiritual benefits of fresh air! Mindfully spending time in nature is a refreshing form of meditation and brings us closest to our own intuition!
9. Sage + Incense!Clear space = clear mind. Spoke cleansing and burning incense allows us to remove any blockages in our surroundings. Before reading for a client, I always burn some sage or light up the incense. For those of you in dorms or are hush hush about your spirituality, use Florida Water! It’s a liquid household cleansing and spiritual cleansing tool that I adore. You can buy it as a spray or in a bottle.
10. Visualize.Practicing visualization stimulates your third eye, allowing you to receive vivid and powerful clairvoyant messages. There are a hundred different ways to practice visualization but I recommend visualizing your third eye/pineal gland, located between your eyebrows, opening up. As you imagine it opening and glowing, you may even feel a slight tingle on your forehead. This is a sign that you’ve actually opened your ‘third eye’ chakra. From there, simply have fun visualizing whatever you want. Imagine a tiny pink dinosaur flying over your wall or something lmao. This just warms up the psychic muscle!
Once again, these gifts require effort and consistency. Your psychic intuition is not an accessory to play around with. It should be taken care of with hella respect and gratitude! At the same time, don’t stress too much of none of this comes easily to you. I’ve worked incredibly hard to get where I am, incorporating every single one of these tasks + more & I still have way more to grow! If I can make sense of this weird psychic shit, you can too haha. Start applying a few of these tips and you should see improvement within weeks. Now go out there are slay the spiritual game of life bby! ⭐️⭐️
One of the greatest barriers to empathy is the fear of saying the wrong thing or the need to make everything better. Let me go on record as saying (putting you at ease a little bit, hopefully) that when someone has experienced something very traumatic - a significant loss - there’s nothing you can say to make it better. All you can do is to be with people in that space. So if all you can come up with is, ‘I don’t know what to say. I just know that I want to be with you in this. I don’t know how to make it better. I just know that I’m dying inside to make it better. I want to help.’ What we all need when we’re in struggle is the ability for other people to look us in the eye, to be with us, to embrace us, and to be willing to be with us.
The gift of empathy has been in my family for generations. My mother is one, her father, and so on. Here are some tips that my family has used throughout the years to make life as a feeler a little easier. There’s also a list of correspondences all the way at the bottom.
Rose quartz is your best friend!
If your child is an empath, protect them by putting chunks of rose quartz throughout the house (my mother swears by this)
Any body of natural water is healing to empaths, especially the ocean. When you feel overwhelmed bring your heart to the water.
Moonlight is also extremely healing
Don’t wait till you’re too overwhelmed with emotion before you cleanse and ground.
Sometimes periods of isolation are necessary for empaths, set some time aside as often as you want, to be alone, preferably at a peaceful and calming place (beach, forest, your bathtub)
Remember you can’t lose your gift, but it can become blocked or suppressed. It’s likely to happen after a trauma or if you become too overwhelmed with the emotion you constantly feel. If it happens be patient, it’s more important to deal with your own emotions and take care of yourself first. It doesn’t make you a bad empath, I promise.
Shielding is super important! My mother had a cats eye necklace made for me as an infant for this exact reason. Shield however you see fit, even an quick energy sheild before you leave your house will help.
Try to connect to your element. Not every empath is gonna be a water element, althought water will still be healing for them. If you’re an empath who’s a fire element, light a bonfire to ground, and so on.
Spirit work might be challenging and can get extremely overwhelming for empaths. Be careful around any haunted places or antique stores. Although some empaths are extremely talented at spirit work and use their gift to help spirits pass on, this isn’t always the case, especially in younger empaths. An empaths ability to do that safely has everything to do with their comfort level, if you’re extremely sensitive to emotion, the wrong kind from a spirit can do a lot of damage. I don’t recommend any empaths go to places where violent deaths occurred (especially not empathic children, my mother learned this the hard way with me). It’s almost 100% of the time too overwhelming and pushing yourself only makes it worse in the long run.
You may find cannabis to be helpful during times when you need to ground and relax. It also might help unblock your gift if it get repressed. I recommend an indica or hybrid since empaths are prone to anxiety.
Aromatherapy, meditation, and self-care can make a world of difference for an empath. Remember to take care of yourself first. If you’ve had a hard day and your friend is upset too and you can’t handle both, it’s okay. It doesn’t make you a bad person or empath. You need to come first, try to set boundaries to protect yourself.
If you just “have a feeling” or think you know something, trust yourself. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t seem logical, it doesn’t matter if you don’t consider yourself empathic, claircognizant, or clairsentient. If you think you should stop whatever you’re doing, be it spell or mundande task, stop. If you think you should walk a different way, do it. Your intuition will guide you and warn you of events to come, and guide you to exactly where you need to be and when. You have spirits, guides, angels, ancestors, elementals, deities, or whatever else looking after you. If something seems right, it probably is. This being said, don’t get paranoid about every thought you have coming true. If it’s something you need to know, you’ll just know.
being an empath can be a bit difficult sometimes! with constantly receiving the energies and inputs of others, an empath can get a bit frazzled and overwhelmed at times. here are five stones that i believe are important for every empath to have!
💗 rose quartz
rose quartz is a crystal associated with the heart energy point! it is a stone that is good at bringing out kindness and love in everything and everyone around you. use this stone to not only nourish the love in your heart, but soften the hearts of those around you as well
amethyst is associated with peace and reducing negative emotions! keep this stone on your person to help yourself keep calm when things get a bit overwhelming
howlite is a stone associated with stress relief and calming an overactive mind. keeping this stone near you can help you stay peaceful and not get too worried about all thats going on around you!
obsidian is a stone known for its grounding properties which is quite helpful for empaths! being an empath means constantly reacting to the energies of others and it can be helpful to have something to keep you grounded and present
selenite is a stone that is widely known for its cleansing abilities. it rings with one of the highest vibrations and is perfect for cutting through the residual energies that have accumulated from others throughout the day. it is important for empaths to cleanse often so that they do not get “clogged up” and blocked!
15 Difficult Things About Being A Very Intuitive Person
1. It can be hard to tell the difference between an intuitive feeling and just… a feeling. You know that if you treated every passing feeling like an intuitive nudge you’d probably have lost your damn mind by now, so you have to be discerning about what’s a ‘gut feeling’ and what isn’t.
2. It’s hard to convince someone of something just because you ‘know,’ and harder to not say “I told you so” when you’re right. There’s nothing more frustrating than knowing a ‘feeling’ isn’t a compelling argument… except after you were right about said ‘feeling’ and the person you were trying to convince would have saved themselves some trouble had they just trusted you a little.
3. You only want to do what’s ‘right,’ but figuring out what’s ‘right’ is basically your #1 life struggle. You know what it’s like to be able to discern what’s “right” (most positive, most helpful, most beneficial, etc.) in any given moment, and the gratification you get from acting on that inherent knowing. Unfortunately, this can also leave you susceptible to only wanting to act on what’s best, when figuring that out is sometimes a process of trial and error.
4. It’s hard to play dumb when you know people are being dishonest or disingenuous with you. And if you’re being honest, sometimes it hurts to be able to tell someone finds you annoying or wishes you weren’t around as much. It’s probably the biggest downside of being hyper-sensitive to what’s around you, but also probably saves you from spending time with the wrong people.
5. You can be very indecisive, as they say: the clearer the choice, the louder the cry to try and choose otherwise.
6. We live in a world that values thinking over sensing, yet our subconscious minds are much more powerful than our conscious ones. And that’s exactly what you’re tapping into when you have that “intuitive feeling” – your subconscious intelligence. A major reason people doubt themselves is because this typically isn’t seen as valid as conscious choice-making, though we already know the opposite is true.
7. You rarely realize that not only can you intuit ‘truths’ but also ‘possibilities’ (hence being prone to intense anxiety). There are usually multiple potential outcomes to any given situation, and the more you are conscious of one, the more you are conscious of the (less likely, more unfortunate) others.
8. Sometimes, it’s better not to be hyper-aware of (or sensitive to) everything that’s going on in the world, it’s exhausting. You can start to feel as though the world’s problems are your own, and that gets overwhelming when you realize that you alone cannot solve them. (Good news, they’re not – they only feel that way because that’s how you perceive them.)
9. You find joy in understanding things, so you’re quicker to think about them than you are to enjoy them. You sometimes have to remind yourself (or consciously re-teach yourself) to just sit back and enjoy life. You’re so busy putting the puzzle together, you forget to kick back and check out the bigger picture, which is pretty great, too.
10. Not everything requires an in-depth emotional analysis. In fact, some things are best served by leaving them alone. Figuring out the difference between what is and isn’t is a delicate dance that you have to learn to master.
11. Your hyper-sensitivity is something you have to protect. It’s really easy for people to take advantage of you and your empathetic capacity (intuitive people are almost always very empathetic).
12. You won’t let yourself continue doing anything that doesn’t feel ‘right,’ even if that’s the easier (or more logical) choice. Your life is totally subject to how you feel about it, even though in reality, you would be better off seeing with a touch of logic and objectivity now and again.
13. You always find yourself asking people ‘what’s wrong,’ because even the smallest micro-expressions can read to you as ‘off.’ Alongside being hyper-aware of things like this, you have a hard time just letting them go. It feels like seeing a burning fire and just walking away.
14. You feel everything more acutely in general. You take everything seriously, and seem to feel everything with more intensity than other people do (for better and for worse).
15. You take on other people’s problems as your own. You sometimes confuse ‘perceiving something being wrong’ with it ‘being your responsibility to fix.’ Your challenge is in letting yourself perceive a situation, yet also just letting it be what it is at the same time.
As an Empath, I am sure that you occasionally experience draining, exhausting, and hard-to-deal-with spells of overflowing emotions. We build up the energies that we are surrounded by, and this can sometimes be really overwhelming. For me, I get withdrawn and panicked when I am around too many people for too long. It leaves me feeling like I’ve become out of touch with myself, and oftentimes have a hard time getting her to return to me! So, inspired by some asks I have received regarding this topic, I felt compelled to create a list of things to try. Keep in mind that not all of these will work for every person, but I hope that you take with you some inspiration all the same! Without further ado, here are some of my own tips for those with empathetic abilities:
1). Keep notice of your physical health. I know it sounds a bit silly, but something as simple as keeping hydrated can be such a game-changer! If you notice yourself feeling especially drained and emptied of your own emotions, drinking lots of water can be the first step to regaining your own feelings. ♡
2). Take a moment away from the crowd. Have you ever felt especially over (or under) whelmed in regards to your emotions while being surrounded by others? This tends to happen to me a lot and, judging from my own experiences, excusing yourself for a few minutes is very healthy. I often feel a “build-up” of everyone else’s vibes becoming my own, and it leaves me feeling very unlike myself and especially distant. Take some time to be alone in the restroom or to go outside - take deep breaths, ten being your goal. Close your eyes. Center yourself. Gently pinch your skin, squeeze your own wrist, hold yourself. Allow yourself to come back to reality, and to become one again with your own senses. ♡
3). Keep track of your own emotions. As empaths, we obviously encounter so many different styles of basic emotions - we experience unique forms of sadness, happiness, or dread. Why not begin keeping track of what makes *you* feel certain ways? Start a special journal for your emotions. If you are around a certain individual, in a certain place, etc and experience heightened happiness, panic, love, discomfort, what have you… Write it down. Keep track of what makes you feel what. Try your best to notice patterns, and to avoid people, places, or things that leave you feeling negatively, all while welcoming the ones that do not. 😌🙏🏻
4). Practice grounding or shielding. Visualizing methods are not for everyone, but for some, they can very positively influence your state of mind! Take some time alone to meditate and manifest your own personal method of visualization. This could be imagining a golden light surrounding you, acting as a protective shield from others’ vibrations. It could be coming up with a special mantra that you repeat in your head during times of feeling overwhelmed: “I am here… I am real… My feelings are valid, and they are my own.” Practice this technique until you experience draining in real-time, and test our your method during such instances. ♡
5). Lastly… Remember to take time for yourself. Everyone needs to recharge, empath or not. Do not overwhelm yourself with activities or energy. Take a special day every now and then to show yourself some extra love, letting yourself be comfortable in your own presence and allowing the regaining of your own energies. Do something you love that relaxes and rejuvenates you! Focusing on yourself is always the best way to refocus your vibrations, and really embrace what makes you, you. ♡