Re:zero!! That series is sooo good man, I want to draw all my favorite characters but it will go way over 10 characters. Honestly, there isn’t a single character there I hate. (yes that includes you know who) ///// Going to feel so sad now that it is over. TT_TT;
me: ok i’m done, i will not see new things about season 7 anymore, i want to keep the surprise and don’t spoil the upcoming season for myself and also me, when someone publishes any non-verified information abt the plot or a blurred image that remotely shows kit and emilia in somewhere sharing the same oxygen:
I feel like the White Whale’s mist made this fandom forget the reason why Subaru fell in love with Emilia.
He’s kind at heart, but he isn’t a selfless person who acts faster than thinks when somebody is in danger.
When a passerby was nearly run over by a dragon carriage, he thought it was a great opportunity to check if he could use magic, staying in the safe zone. He was against the idea of helping a lost child as retrieving the stolen insignia was higher in his priorities. He didn’t stand up in the loot house until Rom and Felt were dead. After he figured out his return by death ability and realized that Emilia didn’t save him that time, so he was no longer indebted, he was planning on using his modern knowledge to live in luxury.
However, talking to a shopkeeper who didn’t want to meddle in other people’s problems made him think a lot about Emilia’s actions. As he said, she didn’t know him, but she put aside her own problems, helped him and tried her best not to make him feel like he owed her. She let him come with her, although later she admitted he was holding her back, and “played along with that useless stranger’s self-satisfaction”. In the end, even Subaru - a “worthless” shut-in who tends to take the easiest road - decided to act in order to secure the future of the people he barely knew.
If what he said about not doing anything before coming to this world is true, his resolve to fight back was life-changing. I do believe he was inspired by Emilia, the first person who didn’t neglect his existence and took the time she didn’t have to help him. Rescuing him from the thieves wasn’t all - she also tried to believe in him and let him handle negotiating with the insignia holder. Subaru expected her to protest, because he personally thought low of himself, but she put faith in him. I’m sure entrusting him retrieving something so important meant a lot to him and even now he wants to live up to it. Her smile is his motivation and he wishes to be worthy of it.
Emilia was quite busy in the second arc, but she always found some time to spend with him and offered emotional support. When he left the mansion, she told him he was welcome there anytime - in other words, she gave him a place to come back in this foreign land. When he was devastated, she was ready to listen to anything he had to say. When Ram attacked him, she chose to trust in him. When he was pushing himself too hard, she let him rest in her lap. When he was fighting the witchfiends in the forest, her accurate predictions of his behaviour helped Roswaal find him. Maybe her presence wasn’t particularly impactful to us, viewers, but it surely was to Subaru.
Unfortunately, even having a person like that doesn’t magically cure mental problems. He desperately tried to prove his worth by using the only weapon he had - determination. It made him unable to keep any promises and he ended up disregarding Emilia’s feelings. But, despite of that, she started the discussion with calmly asking him about his reasons. Even when she lashed out, she never said she was hurt. That’s the kind of person she is.
They have a long way to go and learning how to communicate properly would definitely be the first step, but there’s more to these two than “love is irrational”.
can we all just chill with the sacconejolies? I am so sick of grown ass adults viewing a lifestyle hugely different from their own and making snide and hugely personal comments for no other reason than immaturity.
1) no, the kids playing rough is not child abuse.
2) the dad laughing is not sadistic, anyone who has ever been in the presence of a child knows you have to laugh off an injury or they will not learn.
3) yes... the parents do work.
4) you may have a different style to the mum and that is okay, what is not okay is in trying to abuse the mother, you are insulting a 3 year old on their looks. you are an adult, maybe even a parent, and you are cyber bullying a three. year. old.
5) it is not up to you to make snide comments about the fathers sexuality. it is not your business and never will be. all it serves to do is showcase your bitterness through homophobia.
6) in what world has it ever been okay to bully children. in choosing to vlog their life, yes, the adults can probably expect it because there are a bunch of assholes on the internet. but. as we did for baron trump, it is time to realise that you do. not. bully. the. child.
7) I am an 18 year old. why am I the one pointing out the bad behaviour of grown ass adults and the sheer abuse that a family cops simply for their parenting choices. I could understand if the kids were drugged up and tattooed, but no. admitted by the vast majority of comments, they are great kids. so please internet. JUST. CHILL.
plus none of y’all (including me I know I know) actually personally know the sacconejolies. so yeah. have your views. you are entitled to an opinion. but please. for the love of all things holy, stop bullying children online because it’s frankly pathetic and cringy to see.