Final list of reasons why Bethany Young HAS to be important to the endgame in some way
Here are all my reasons why Bethany’s name just has to pop up in this final season. Not saying she’s AD (but she very well could be!) - but at absolute minimum, she is important to the story in some capacity.
1) Dr Cochran said that he delivered two of Mary’s babies - one went to Jessica (Charlotte), the other went to family county services (???) and Veronica confirmed that Spencer went to her. So, there is a third unknown child who grew up in Radley. Who do we know of that grew up in Radley? Bethany.
“Embrace your darkness. I had to. That’s how you win the game. - A.D” This just sounds like someone was forced to live in Radley and ‘put up with it’. They can cry about their life everyday, or they can soak up their circumstances and use it to, oh I dunno, play the A game. Bethany?
2) Dr Cochran referred to the second unknown baby as “underweight but tenacious” which is exactly the words that the writers chose for Toby to call Spencer. They were foreshadowing the similarities between the second baby (Bethany) and Spencer because Bethany is Spencer’s twin.
3) The Aunt Jessie incident. Mary wanted to be close to her daughter (Bethany). She pretended to be Jessica because Jessica was on the board of Radley and was allowed to sign out patients. Bethany started calling Mary “mum” which will blow Mary’s cover - she’s not supposed to be out of Radley - she’s pretending to be Jessica, after all. So, Mary demanded she call her “Aunt Jessie”.
4) Jessica told Mary that the Charles grave is real. This was a huge lie. Could this be why Bethany drew Jessica like this? Bethany thought her sister was dead. (No wonder Mary pretended to be Jessica by sleeping with Peter. She wanted to punish her sister.)
5) The only boy this could possibly be is Charles. So the fact that Bethany was drawing Charles being taken away from her (adopted by Jessica), means that the loss of Charles was important. It’ll make sense for Bethany to be A.D and wanting to avenge Charlotte’s death. The signs of Bethany being angry at the loss of Charlotte is in this picture.
6) What the hell?
Has this got anything to do with the fact that Bethany (a talented artist) never draws her face? Well, it’s tricky to answer because we’ve already seen her face: Troian’s face! She’s Spencer’s twin. Mary had ‘two Spencers’.
7) Charlotte called Wren to tell him that Melissa buried Bethany - what if that wasn’t Charlotte trying to break up Wren and Melissa, but instead, she was just trying to get justice for Bethany by ruining the life of the one who killed her (Melissa killed Bethany as she died from suffocation). This is again foreshadowing the strong connection between Charlotte and Bethany. (Assuming she is dead.)
8) If Bethany really is Spencer’s twin, that means the flashback on the roof with Marion wasn’t depicted properly. Since Charlotte is older than Spencer and therefore older than Spencer’s twin, Charlotte would’ve been older than Bethany. They weren’t the same age. Essentially, the error was NOT that Toby and Alison looked like teenagers when Marion was alive. The error was that Charlotte looked so young. She wasn’t that young.
9) Why would Sara Harvey care about sending letters to Bethany’s parents? This could be Bethany telling her parents that she is alive and well.
OR, maybe that was Sara Harvey, who, under orders from Charlotte, had to send Bethany’s parents flowers. That still highlights the important relationship Charlotte and Bethany had.
10) Was this Bethany in 420?
11) Did Spencer’s twin kill Yvonne? Did the twin provide poisonous those butterscotch biscuits that Yvonne was eating in 713? That could’ve been AD’s dangerous way of doing her sister a favour. “Oh c’mon sis, I know you love Toby. I was doing you a favour!”
12) Letters from A.D. Bethany and Alison DiLaurentis were sending each other letters - is this Bethany’s lair, and she kept Alison’s letters? Is this Bethany’s motive; that Alison lured her to Rosewood to kill her? It’s awfully suspicious that Uber A has a box titled “Letters from A.D.” in their own lair, since they ARE A.D! Well, maybe the letters are from Alison (to Bethany), rather than from Uber A.
The point of this post isn’t really to jump to conclusions; she may be dead, alive, A.D,, a helper, or just another one of Mary’s children. Point being that she is important in some way and I can’t wait to see how. I will be 100% disappointed in the endgame if her name is not even mentioned in some way. I’ll be sure to update this if I think of more reasons as to why she is important to the story!