Elsa Train Tutorial Part 1
I bought 5m blue organza fabric, a lot of glitter (40ml in diamont colour) and fabric glue (I took one to spray but I don’t recommend that because it never really dried and my train is now full of dirt and blurred glitter. It is not as bad as it sounds).
I didn’t made any pattern for my train but it worked out :D.
In total my train has 5 pieces, after cutting them out I sealed each one with a zig zag stitch with small width so the seam is not that visible. You have to be very careful with the fabric, mine unravelled fast. For the middle piece I took my folded fabric and pinned it to the middle of my puppets back. Then I just cut it out as I thought it would look good and like Elsas train, I unfolded the fabric and pinned it again to the puppets back. For the next two pieces I took the folded fabric (so I have the same piece for each side), pinned the upper edge to one side of the puppets back and the side of the fabric to the side of the middle piece so they have the same length. Then I just cut it out and sewed the two new pieces to each side of the middle one with a zig zag stitch. After that I did the same thing with the last two pieces.
In the second picture you can see my finished train.
I made a lot different fold snowflakes (while I was watching Dr Who). There are many patterns at google pictures how to cut out the folded paper. The easier ones I made up. Look out that the paper you use is not too thick because it gets hard to cut through all the layers.
But you can’t use those snowflakes for the lower part of the train. You have to use them as stencils to cut the snowflakes out of paper as you can see in the next picture.
First I sprayed the glue to the fabric and then put the stencil on it. Next I poured glitter over it and pulled of the stencil. With that glue it was easy to get the stencil off but I would try that on a different piece of fabric first.
And that is my lower part of my train.
After I started the upper part with the other stencils I ran out of glue and the convention was close, so I didn’t made it to buy a second can.
I will post some pictures when I finished it and some of the pattern I made for the rest of the upper part. And I hope I can find a solution for my ‘the glue does not dry’ problem.