<<Shhh>>, he reassured her as her sobs shook her body. <<It’s all good, baby>>, he chanted.
But as his words tried to calm her, his actions were aimed to scare her. He turned the flame back on millimeters from her face. Then, he turned it back off. <<I’d never burn off your pretty face>>, he reassured her. But he trailed the torch down her body as he spoke. <<This part down here, however… You’ve been very bad with it>>, he scolded her, before pressing the hot metal against her crotch, hard.
Jacqueline screamed again. She wasn’t hoping for salvation anymore. She hoped for death.
my expectations for season 2 of stranger things:
• hopper and joyce being fucking adorable doing domestic things
• hopper and eleven bonding and having precious father/daughter type moments
• dustin teaching eleven how to read because “if you can’t read, how will you read lord of the rings??? or the hobbit??!?! unaCCEPTABLE”
• nancy and jonathon having a big blowout over something and it ending with jonathon being like “ITS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU, NANCY WHEELER, YOU COMPLETE MORON” and nancy not giving him another chance to say anything before kissing him
• mike wanting to take el on a date and hopper being VERY protective and insisting on chaperoning the date and any time mike gets too close he gives him the dirtiest look
• lucas insisting on watching star wars with everyone and will having to remind him to be patient when el has a thousand questions
• will inevitably becoming just as protective over el as hopper and hopper thinking it’s the cutest
• “no stop jon don’t take pictures of me” but they always turn out so well and nancy hangs all of them in her room
• jonathon showing eleven all the music he’s shown will and loving her like the little sister he’s never had
• joyce being SUPER motherly over el and making sure she never lets ANYONE walk all over her
• steve getting a cute new bf (don’t try and tell me the boy isn’t bi he is fight me) and anytime anyone makes fun of him nancy and jonathon absolutely will not have it
• steve and his bf going on double dates with nancy and jon
• jon going up to mike and going “so, you like my little sister?” and mike being confused at first then being “OH EL” and jon just laughing
• will sharing the fort with el and them sneaking eggos into it because joyce “will NOT allow that garbage to be eaten in my house”
• teaching el how to ride a bike
• all the boys saving every penny they have to buy el a bike for christmas after they see how much she loves it
• jon and nancy pitching in when the boys come up WAY short and buying el the nicest bike they can afford
• making el’s birthday november 6th because that’s when they found her and she doesn’t know when her birthday is and they can’t be sure any records on her are correct and everyone has to have a birthday
essentially if this season isn’t full of everyone being happy and fluffy after all the trauma i wont be happy okay
1. It’s okay that you’d rather read a book instead of bitching about someone who you are indifferent to.
2. Losing weight will never improve negative body image.
3. Stop pretending to be like everyone else. It’s okay to be different.
4. There is going to come a day when you feel like giving up. And you will come so close to the edge of life that you will be able to taste it. Hold on.
5. The man who steals something that never belonged to him is worth nothing and I wish I could make you believe that you are so much better than that scum.
6. It’s going to hurt.
7. It’s going to hurt like hell. Not when the pretty boy leaves, because you never had the patience for pretty boys, but rather when your best friend turns around and leaves you in the dirt.
8. Personal hygiene, though it may seem frivolous, is important.
9. Therapy isn’t going to wave a wand and make your problems disappear. But it’ll help. Even on the days that you feel as if it is making everything worse than it has ever been.
10. After your suicide attempt people are going to treat you differently. This was a shock to them.
11. I promise you that there are better people out there than the ones in your high school.
12. When your best friend replaces you it is going to hurt and it will be as if you can actually feel your heart breaking. And you’ll tell yourself it’s because you weren’t good enough for her but sometimes people grow apart and I want you to learn how to love yourself.
13. It is going to hurt. But it won’t always be like this.
15. Love yourself. In a world full of hatred, resentment and jealousy it is important to be able to make yourself happy
16. It wasn’t your fault
17. Life is this big beautiful thing and it is going to throw so much at you and it is not going to stop. Don’t give up. There is light and yes you must search for it.