Ahhhh the loveliest lovely in the world, @lululawrence tagged me to do my first lines, which is the coolest idea! I haven’t pub’d 20 fics yet, so I’m going to include some drabbles and WIPs too :)
Rules: List the first lines of your last 20 stories. See if there are any patterns. Then tag 10 of your favourite authors!
1. From Be With Me: Harry Styles may have had his doubts at first, but by the time the gates to the elephant sanctuary came into view he was one hundred percent positive. Louis Tomlinson hated his guts.
2. From I’ll Smile: The first time I saw you after we broke up he wasn’t with you.
3. From Save Your Loving Arms: “Got a light, pop star?”
4. From Like Magnets Do: The bar had no dance floor.
5. From Singing To Tiny Dancer: Louis didn’t think of Holmes Chapel often. But when he did the memories were choppy and sun-dappled like those old home movies his mum used to project onto the wall of her bedroom as they cuddled underneath thick quilts. They felt that way, too. Warm and happy and wrapped in softness.
6. From Stars: “Have I said thank you enough?” Gemma asked her lips still pressed against Louis’ cheeks.
7. In All Its Imperfections (WIP): It seemed like a brilliant idea at the time. Six shots in that was.
8. Ladsbible AU (hahaa WIP): Louis Tomlinson was the last straw, really. Him and his smart ass mouth.
9. Broken Halos (angel/demon drabble): Despite the cold, Harry didn’t so much as shift in the hour it took for the sky to lighten from blue velvet to cobalt to rose gold. Another day had come. Just one more in an eternity of sunrises.
10. Jury Duty drabble (DRARRY, wut!): There was something worse than jury duty, Harry Potter realized as he stumbled into the dark chambers of the court. There was jury duty with Draco Malfoy.
11. You Bring Me Home (ptsd WIP): It was just a silly thing he and Harry had. These snapshots.
12. Post-Apoco AU: Louis Tomlinson had been saying the words since before he had any idea what they meant.
13. A WWII AU that won’t see the light of day, but oh well!: Louis Tomlinson blamed the champagne. He had a weakness for it, the contrast it presented. Sugar and bubbles. Sweetness and bite.
And I’m tapped out on fics!!! I swear I will write most of the WIPs soonish once I’m done with a non-larry project :)
This was suchhhhh a fun and cool exercise! I think I go very brief on those first lines hahahaha. Thank you for tagging me Sus! <3 Anyone who see this and wants to do it, please do! I’ve been so enjoying reading them this morning!!