I know I'm kinda late but how do you feel about the TVD finale and what they did to Stefan? Especially when they said that Damon's better than him? Also, Stef had more chemistry with Elena while she was unconscious than any Delena scene lol.
So, as you all know by now I didn’t actually watch the finale, but I read about what happened on Tumblr and I saw a couple of gif sets, so I do have a couple of thoughts about the finale.
- About what they did to Stefan: I’m not going to lie, I would’ve preferred it if Stefan and Elena would’ve been allowed to ride off into the sunset together because they’re the only couple that made sense as endgame all along, literally the only couple. But since it was made abundantly clear that wasn’t going to happen, I’m actually quite happy with how it turned out. Because not only did Stefan do what he always does, which is stepping up and keeping those he loves safe, he also found peace, and not just peace, oh no, he was reunited with his very best friend and I kind of found that heartwarming. It wasn’t the happy ending I hoped for when I started watching, but under the given circumstances, I really think it was the best ending possible for us Stefan stans.
- About what he said about Damon: I’m not even mad, the show has been using other characters to prop up Damon through dialogue for years now. Stefan always excused Damon’s behavior, he always made it seem like something Damon was not, he always gave Damon credit even though he never deserves it, he has been pushing Elena back to Stefan since season five, so what Stefan said in the finale didn’t get to me because, well, it was big fat bullshit but it was nothing new.
- About the DE scenes: first of all, let me just say how happy I am they didn’t even get a conversation. Like, they hugged, they kissed, they held hands, and that’s it. I was prepared for something much, much, much worse. And then there’s the painful, hilarious lack of chemistry between them. Because not only did Ian choose to kiss Nina’s chin instead of her lips (no amount of slowmotion and over the top lighting and fancy camera angles can hide that, dear TVD crew), he also couldn’t even be bothered to not look constipated when he held her hand. Like, those scenes were so bad it still makes me laugh and it’s been weeks. xD
- About Katherine’s “comeback”: I only have one thing to say: what were the writers thinking??????
- About endgames: when it comes to endgames, I have to say I found SE to come out looking best. Not only because of the fact that DE didn’t even spend the afterlife together (we’re supposed to believe they’re ‘epic soulmates’ but it was like Elena just lived her life as best as she could because she owed Stefan that and then she bailed as soon as she died xD) but also because of that final SE scene, the physicality, the chemistry. Yes, sure, the dialogue was about Caroline and Damon, but just look at that scene. Mute the scene and look at it, and it’s our beautiful SE endgame. Nina and Paul brought their A game one last time and it is something to be grateful for. Over the course of eight seasons, SE got the best lines, the best scenes, the best chemistry, SE actually had it all and the series finale reconfirmed that. They’re endgame, guys. Maybe not ‘technically’, but they looked and felt like the real endgame couple. Plus, that scene of Elena writing in her diary near his grave… Like, the diaries were something that connected them and when they got together, they didn’t need them anymore because they had each other to talk to instead, and as soon as they were apart, they started writing in those diaries again. Stefan was always the one Elena could truly be herself with, and now that he died, she dug up her diary and wrote in it while looking at the crypt where he was buried and there’s something morbidly poetic about it. It’s SE, it has always been SE. (I also have to add I loved that Elena left her necklace on his grave or whatever, because if Kevin did one thing right in that final episode, it was making sure everyone knew that necklace was always meant to be an SE symbol, he righted JP’s wrong with that and it’s awesome because now DE is actually literally left with nothing. Think about it.)
- And last but not least, about me being petty: and this is me being really petty, but can I just say how hilarious it is that Stefan chose to die rather than spending a single day married to Caroline? xD
how come no one didn't even flinch an eye when damon killed tyler or fucking JEREMY but now everyone is going batshit crazy, biased much?
Because only Stefan and Bonnie face consequences and suffer on the show, if it’s Damon then it doesn’t matter because remember that one time he gave Elena the necklace that was already hers lol? Obviosuly it wasn’t his fault guys, stop trying to make Damon the bad guy, he is noble.
Sorry guys, I know it’s been a while but I’ve been a little busy lately, which reminds me, for the month of May I will be doing a writing residency by the Rockies. I don’t know what my schedule will be like since I get it when I’m there so I may not be able to check into to tumblr much next month or maybe everything will stay the same, who knows. But let’s get down to business. As per usual, here are the guidelines: Considering that I haven’t sat down to watch a full episode of the past seasons of TVD in a few years and my memory might not be the greatest I will start with my usual disclaimer: I write my thoughts in real time so if I make a mistake at the beginning of this post, it will be corrected by the end. There will be anti-Damon and anti-Delena senitments and I feel the need to say there may be some anti-Jenna sentiments too. I will probably bring up other shows and call attention to misogynoir, racism and anti-blackness. OK. Ready? Let’s go.
I still think it’s absolutely ridiculous that Elena left her necklace with Stefan, like it has a function.
I’m salty that “Cosmic Love” was given to DE, I mean technically it’s given to Isobel and Alaric but it’s playing when Elena wakes up in Damon’s car.
Also it’s not cute that Damon kidnaps Elena and brings her to another fucking State, like that’s legit terrible.
And he took her phone.
I get that Elena is upset about the photo of Katherine but not talking to Stefan is stupid because you are with a man who has killed, like, half your town Elena.
And her deciding to go with him just doesn’t make sense. Just because he says you can trust him doesn’t mean you actually can, he has done nothing to prove that she can trust him, he’s terrorized everyone she knows! Seriously, this ship is so manufactured.
Lol BD fans used to like to talk about how Kai traumatized Bonnie but so did Damon, she can’t do magic because she’s traumatized by him ripping open her neck.
I’m still upset that Gina Torres was killed on this show. Queen Gina Torres. Ugh.
“Cheers to the man that broke my heart, crushed my soul, destroyed my life and ruined any and all chances of happiness.” What’s funny about this toast to Damon is that it’s exactly what Damon does to everyone around him except in a non-romanticized way.
I find it really funny that from Day One people keep telling Elena what she feels for Damon. Like Bree is all “how did he rope you in?” “I’m not roped I’m actually dating–” “Honey, if you’re not roped, you’re whipped.” Or not? Like. This is the longest interaction she and Damon has ever had and he KIDNAPPED HER.
I didn’t have levels in my high school library.
Is that sad?
So Bonnie can just take off school like that?
Ugh, Bonnie’s wardrobe.
Seriously, Elena suddenly letting her guard down around Damon because he likes pickles is absurd.
LOL Anna and Jeremy’s debate about whether or not vampires are real sounds like Steve went to a Wikipedia page.
Legit, Elena and Damon don’t even spend much time together in this episode.
Elena being defensive over Damon, “WHAT DID HE DO?” and that look of surprise when he says, “he killed my girlfriend” is ridiculous. Elena, you have seen Damon try and kill Bonnie, abuse Caroline, be responsible for Vicki’s death, you know he killed Tanner so why the fuck are you surprised that he killed someone’s girlfriend?
And her rushing to Damon because he’s hurt? WHY? IT DOESN’T MAKE ANY SENSE. And they didn’t know each other long enough or well enough for a bond to even be made. Completely contrived relationship.
Sure, Sheila can run an anti-war demonstration in 1969 but we won’t talk about civil rights within the South. Mmkay.
If Bree is a witch then why can’t she give him an aneurysm like Bonnie could? Like she let’s herself get killed.
And Elena bantering with Damon in the car after is fundamentally ridiculous.
Paul does earnestness so well. Stefan’s explanation of him saving Elena’s life, those shining eyes and furrowed eyebrows. Legit, in the YA I’m writing, I model one of the male protagonist’s expressions after Paul’s because it’s just so intense.
OK now, I’m fine with how quickly Elena forgave Stefan about the Katherine thing but it just makes her seem legit dramatic. Like she does the most this episode when all it took for her to calm down was Stefan’s explanation? THEN SHE SHOULD’VE LET HIM PICK HER UP.
Oh look a shot of Damon feeding from Isobel, Alaric’s wife and Elena’s mother, but this dude isn’t a fuckboy to tumblr users and Stefan is. OK.
Please, note that I am French so there might be some mistakes.
(Takes place in 3x02/03/04/05)
weren’t answering her phone. Tyler was worried and Elena was too busy climbing
mountain in Tennessee to help figure it out.
Tyler’s mother had given Caroline to her father. Now you had to figure out how
to get her back.
to tell you she had told Damon Klaus was in Chicago with Stefan. It was clear
now why Elena went on a road trip with Damon.
you went to talk to Sheriff Forbes about Caroline’s situation. You followed her
into a cold basement under the police station where you find her ex-husband.
She pointed a gun at him. She wasn’t happy at all.
“Let me do
this, Liz. Not because she’s a monster but because we love her.”
Y/N” she calls your names.
went to open the door but Bill tried to stop you. That’s when the sheriff shot
at the door, making both of you jump. Bill stepped back and you were able to
get Caroline out of there. You brought her back home and stayed around for a
me” she starts to cry into Tyler’s arm. “My dad hates me…”
her hand and give her a sad look. Your phone starts to buzz, it’s Katherine
calling you. You excuse yourself and get out of the house.
can’t stay there, if Klaus sees you, he’ll kill you!”
handling it, I know what I’m doing!”
“Be careful, okay?”
am, I gotta go, I just wanted to keep you posted” she hangs up.
again before getting in your car and drive back home.
The next day, Elena told you all about Chicago. She saw Stefan there and she
told you she gave up on bringing him back. He was gone and didn’t want to come
back. She looked fine but you knew she wasn’t. Damon said she was in denial
and, of course, Elena denied that. Caroline and you were helping Elena cooking
for the founder’s party you didn’t want to go to.
Bonnie was back. Her first stop was Jeremy’s house, of course. You were happy
to see her again. You asked her how her summer was even though you knew all
about it already.
still cooking when Elena got burned by her necklace.
a sign you shouldn’t be wearing it” Caroline comments.
“Let me see
it” Bonnie tells Elena.
tried to take it she gets electrocuted.
that?” you asked, worried.
know” Bonnie starts “I can look in the books my grandma left me”
it’s… magic?” Caroline asks
could it be?”
Elena and you left for the founder party and Bonnie went back home to get her
waiting for her on a bench in the Lockwood property.
“Hey, I got
it” she says, sitting down.
“I have an
identification spell that might be able to tell me what magic affected the
her necklace to her.
take a while so tell me if anyone’s coming, okay?”
not like, switching Salvatores are you?” the blonde asks Elena.
Bonnie starts to reprimand her.
focus” she tells her. “As your friend, who worries for you, what is the deal
with you and Damon?”
shakes her head “There is no deal, he’s just been just as focused on finding
Stefan as I have”
that doesn’t make him any less Damon”
interrupts you “Hey, guys…”
You see the
necklace floating in the air.
happening?” you ask
you doing?” Caroline asks
doing anything…it has its own magic” she says, baffled.
at the jewel for a while.
“So… it’s a
magical necklace?” you ask
have magical properties…I’ll look up in my books to see if I find anything that
looks like it”
still don’t know why it burned you” you say
think I can figure out what magic affected it if it has its own magic” she
decide to go, there’s nothing any of you can do.
spends the night with Jeremy, searching for any trace of the necklace in her
sitting at home, painting. Caroline is texting you, she’s hiding from her dad
in Tyler’s bedroom. Apparently, Damon’s compulsion didn’t work on Bill and that
worried you. Elena texted you next. Caroline and Damon got in a fight. He tried
to kill her father. You were right to worry.
morning, Katherine comes knocking at your door.
I just came by to tell you I’m leaving with Damon, I might have found a way to
back to tell me you’re not staying?” you raise your eyebrows, amused.
“Ha ha” she
and don’t kill him”
want me to kill Klaus?”
you laugh at her.
ok…well I can’t promise anything but I’ll do my best” she says and then leaves.
finds a way to kill Klaus, she finds a way to kill Elijah. You sigh. You had to
stop thinking about the Original vampire.
worried about Katherine, you hadn’t heard from her since she left with Damon.
You had dinner at the Mystic Grill but it was getting late. You exited the
restaurant and were about to get into your car when, in only a few seconds, you
were thrown against a wall in a dark alley.
love” you see Klaus smiling at you, inches from your face.
your heart was beating fast.
I thought we were getting my necklace back!” a blonde you didn’t recognize
Meet the lovely Y/N. Y/N meet my sister, Rebeckah” he says still smiling, his
right hand still on your left shoulder.
meet you” you say, moving away from Klaus. “What do you want?”
“I did regret letting you go, you know…I should have left town with you, maybe
my summer would’ve been more fun”
You look around.
“Elijah’s not with you?”
laughs. “No, dear, my brother’s taking a little nap”
love, it’s really nice to see your pretty face again but I need to know where
Elena is and don’t try to tell me that she’s dead, I know she isn’t.”
You look at
him then you look at her. You take a deep breath “I don’t know”
“Don’t make me compel you, love”
compel me if you want, I don’t know” you lie.
pushes you on the wall again, he looks deep in your eyes and ask again.
know” you lie again.
“Are you on vervain, love?”
mind if I check?” he says before biting your neck.
You gasp in
drink much. He steps back from you.
dear, I apologize. It seems like I was wrong”
your hand on your bleeding wound. Your eyes start watering. You see him biting
his wrist “Drink, love, it will heal you”
shaking your head no but he forces you to drink anyway.
eyes lay on your bracelet. He sighs. “I’m disappointed” and he rips it off you.
His hand around your neck he presses you hard against the wall.
he says “don’t make me compel you”
sure” you manage to say.
his hand off you. “Why do you wanna know?”
He looks at
you impatient. “I can’t make hybrids and I believe it’s because the doppelgänger
is still alive”
gonna kill her?” you ask in a whisper
having a hard time to breathe. His face is suddenly inches from yours once again
and he compels you to tell him where your friends are. “All the seniors are
pranking the school tonight, they might be there”
love, now forget you ever saw me or my sister tonight”
yourself standing alone in a dark alley but you had no idea how you got there.
There was blood on your neck, your clothes and your hand but you weren’t hurt
and you couldn’t remember being attacked by a vampire. You noticed you’re
weren’t wearing your bracelet anymore. You looked around and saw it on the
floor. You picked it up, rushed into your car and drove back home.
step out of the shower you take your phone and try to call Bonnie. When she
didn’t pick up you tried everybody else but nobody answered. You call Bonnie
again and leave a message “Hey, Bonnie, it’s me…Listen, something weird
happened to me, I was compelled, I just want to know if you’re okay, call me
You were worried but you had no idea what to do. All you could do was hope that
everything was okay.
STEFAN FORGOT THE NECKLACE EXISTED AFTER 1x03 MEANWHILE DAMON MENTIONS IT 1298546 TIMES damon&elena || the necklace
1. Why are you shouting? Calm down.
The necklace is representative of two of the cornerstones of the SE relationship, which is choice:
A symbol doesn’t need to be iterated and reiterated all the time because then it stops being a symbol.
3. Elena wore that necklace every fucking day, how the hell would Stefan forget about it?
Just because Damon mentions the necklace more doesn’t mean he remembers it more, like what kind of logic is that? If you continuously mention the sky is blue and I say it once that doesn’t mean that I forget the sky is blue. Bye.
This was requested because of the constant dismantling of the necklace being an SE symbol and it was. There is so much erasure of what the necklace actually meant to Stefan and Elena, that it represented hope and choice and freedom, and the fact that he gave it to Elena to protect her from Damon is a tiny part of a larger story. Hope you enjoy it!
Isn’t it interesting that the first time damon confessed that he was in love with elena was when he was giving her back her necklace in 2x08 but then he compelled her to forget this moment and now elena is finally admitting to herself that the moment she knew she loved damon was in 3x01 when he gave her the necklace back as a gift for her birthday and she had alaric compell her to forget about that specific moment ?
Stefan gave up his freedom to save his brother and protect Elena.
Damon gave Elena the necklace that Stefan gave to her in order to protect her from Damon. Oh, and he held off trying to get into her pants for 5 whole minutes.
I think it’s OBVIOUS who the selfless one here is: Damon. It takes a true romantic to slap his name on someone else’s gift and act like she owes him something. If that isn’t true love, I don’t know what is.