It’s the last Tuesday of the month, which means we get spoiled by one of B4BC Team Rider Elena Hight’s recipes for Tasty Tuesdays! This week’s recipe does not disappoint, and trust us you have never seen lima beans like this before! Get your spice on with some Spicy Curry Roasted Lima Beans from Elena Hight’s kitchen…you’ll thank us for it!
A note from Elena:
I was walking through the grocery store and saw organic lima beans for sale. I could not remember the last time that I had lima beans so I was inspired to try something new. I decided to make a crunchy treat with some Indian inspired flavors. Lima beans are packed with protein and fiber so they are healthier than the average finger food. This is the perfect way to ramp up your average snack to something a bit healthier, but just as satisfying. Hope that you enjoy!
1 cup Dried or frozen lima beans
2 tsp Sesame oil
½ lemon Juiced
1 ½ tsp Curry powder
½ tsp Chili powder
¼ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Black pepper
½ tsp Salt
I made these from dried lima beans but you could easily use frozen ones to expedite the cooking process. For best results, soak lima beans overnight before use.
· Boil in 2-3 cups of water for 1 hour. Note: If dried beans are not soaked boiling time will increase. If beans are frozen then just thaw and rinse beans for use.
· Preheat oven to 375 degrees
· Drain beans
· Mix in all remaining ingredients with lima beans
· Transfer spiced beans to a baking sheet or baking dish
· Bake for 15 minutes, remove pan and toss beans in pan