Angsty AU Headcanons
So @blacknovelist55 and I were talking, which lead to an AU. And pain. Here’s the result.
- Superheroes visit kids in hospitals, like actors or other celebrities do.
- All Might especially does a lot of this. It’s a drain on his time, but the kids light up when he comes to visit, and it’s as much a part of being a hero as fighting villains.
- On one of these trips, he meets a little boy who’s in late elementary school. The boy idolizes him and is clutching a notebook that All Might eventually learns contains extensive notation on hero techniques.
- He finds out after talking with the boy that he’s got a terminal illness.
- The kid’s a big fan of his, so this isn’t the last time he goes to see him. Even though it puts extra strain on his body, staying in hero form so long.
- What All Might isn’t expecting though, is that the kid comforts him more than he comforts the kid.
- He feels so much stronger. Midoriya, the boy, somehow manages to encourage in just the right ways, and reminds him of what a hero is.
- Midoriya wants to live. He wants to live so he can be a hero. To live so he can save lives.
(Continued under the cut.)