Who Do I Attract?
So, I have a lot of these asks in my inbox right now, and it’s not really an ask meme, it’s an entire area of astrology! I figured it’d be easiest to just make a post on what areas and ways you may attract certain signs or placements.
The placements here are likely to draw in people of certain signs or planetary dominants. Usually, it will attract the Suns, Risings and dominants of these signs.
Below, in no particular order, are areas of your chart that may attract certain people or placements.
Your Moon Element will attract the same element and it’s pairing one. For example, a fire moon will attract fire and air moons. This is because your inner workings and feelings are understood by each other more so than typically incompatible elements, like water and air.
Your Rising Element will also attract the same element and it’s pairing one, but it may attract the Rising or Sun sign. For example, an earth rising will attract earth suns and/or risings. This is because your flow and ego is attractive to those who think and appear like you too, rather than those who are more reserved or wild than yourself.
Your Rising Sign is likely to attract, and in turn be drawn to, it’s sister sign. This can be in Sun, Rising or Dominance. This is because your ascendant is the opposite of your descendant, and this is the type of person we look for and admire. For example, Virgo Risings have Pisces Descendants, so are attracted/attractive to Pisces Suns, Risings and/or Dominance as the two act as a whole.
Stelliums which you may have will attract people of a certain sign. If you have a Stellium in a sign, such as Aries, you will attract Aries. This could be Aries Sun, Rising or Dominant. It may also attract Mars, Fire or 1st house dominance. If you have a Stellium in a house, such as the 3rd house, you will attract Gemini. This could be Gemini Sun, Rising or Dominant. It may also attract Mercury, Air or 3rd house dominance. A list of possible sign and house stelliums and the placements they may attract is below. The people you attract may not be mathematically dominant in these ways, but they may be prominent in their chart, like in their Moon or Mars placements.
- Aries/1st House Stellium: Aries, Mars, Sun, 1st House, Fire dominance
- Taurus/2nd House Stellium: Taurus, Venus, Moon, 2nd House, Earth dominance
- Gemini/3rd House Stellium: Gemini, Mercury, 3rd House, Air dominance
- Cancer/4th House Stellium: Cancer, Moon, Jupiter, 4th House, Water dominance
- Leo/5th House Stellium: Leo, Sun, 5th House, Fire dominance
- Virgo/6th House Stellium: Virgo, Mercury, 6th House, Earth dominance
- Libra/7th House Stellium: Libra, Venus, 7th House, Air dominance
- Scorpio/8th House Stellium: Scorpio, Mars, Pluto, 8th House, Water dominance
- Sagittarius/9th House Stellium: Sagittarius, Jupiter, 9th House, Fire dominance
- Capricorn/10th House Stellium: Capricorn, Saturn, Mars, 10th House, Earth dominance
- Aquarius/11th House Stellium: Aquarius, Uranus, Saturn, 11th House, Air dominance
- Pisces/12th House Stellium: Neptune, Jupiter, Venus, Pisces, 12th House, Water dominance
Your Dominant Sign will also attract certain signs. For example, if you are Aquarius dominant, it is likely you attract air or fire Sun and Risings, as well as fellow air/fire dominants.
Your Dominant Planet will also attract certain signs as it is the energy dominant within you. A list is given below. The sign in capitals is the sign ruled by this planet, so it is the most likely to be drawn to you. The one in normal case is where this planet exalts, so whilst they are drawn to you, it is not as much as the first.
- Sun dominant: LEO, Aries
- Moon dominant: CANCER, Taurus
- Mercury dominant: GEMINI, VIRGO
- Venus dominant: TAURUS, LIBRA, Pisces
- Mars dominant: ARIES, SCORPIO, Capricorn
- Jupiter dominant: SAGITTARIUS, PISCES, Cancer
- Saturn dominant: CAPRICORN, AQUARIUS, Libra
- Uranus dominant: AQUARIUS, Scorpio
- Neptune dominant: PISCES, Leo, Cancer (People debate whether Neptune exalts in Leo or Cancer - to keep peace I have written both)
- Pluto dominant: SCORPIO, Pisces, Aries (People debate whether Pluto exalts in Pisces or Aries - to keep peace I have written both)
For example, someone with Jupiter dominant is likely to attract Sagittarius dominants. Or, equally, someone with Sagittarius dominant is likely to attract Jupiter dominants.
There are even more areas you could personally look, but referring to this list can give you a good idea. For example, if you have Scorpio Venus and Mars, you can tell from this you’re likely to attract Pluto dominants, Taurus Risings, and/or people with 8th house stelliums.
Your Midheaven can also work here for the first attraction! For example, I was instantly attracted to my boyfriend when I first saw him as he was a mystery to me, and as it turns out his Midheaven is the sister of mine. The basic rule for this first sight attraction would be like this:
- Opposite signs: Mysterious, wanting to know more, seemingly the same yet different to you
- Element match: Similar, you feel they are like you in some way
- Compatible elements: You seem to appreciate them for who they appear to be, but know you are not one in the same
- Midheaven ruled by same planet: You seem so different, but there is a similar energy within you
- You can obviously attract and be attracted to any Midheaven, but these matches would stand out for the purposes of this post