Tbh I can’t believe I haven’t seen a supergirl avatar Kara au.
Airbending avatar!kara, her entire nation and culture wiped out but instead of 100 years in an iceberg it was 25 years, so things are both more and less screwed than if it was just a hundred years for Kara tbh .
And fire princess!Lena, who was adopted as a child, in part to help with the Luthor’s image bc bloodthirsty and ambitious doesn’t mean stupid– they know they need to soften their image, in the interest of world Trade and continued loyalty (massacres of children don’t really sit well with ANYONE.)
But Lena is a firebending prodigy just like her older brother (some rumors have her even better than lex, but they’re just whispers, said along to crackling flames because regardless of whether or not she’s better, lex is far more dangerous, far more volatile)
(And maybe there’s also talk about Lena’s eerie green eyes–not the eyes of a proper firebender but of one descended from Earth.
and for years people thought that Clark was the avatar, the baby that was spirited away to a friendly earthbending family of farmers and that maybe he’s just a late bloomer bc he’s an El and the Els are infamous for being uber powerful benders but nope it’s Kara, who would def be used as a weapon by some less than virtuous organizations wanting to harness and experiment on the avatar (and not to mention hiding from the fire benders, who killed off the airbenders.)
Except, Kara left the temple because they were going to take her away from her parents and she panicked and left and if you guessed that she was heading in the direction of the fire nation you’d be right and if she happened to be found by a fire nation family, the danvers, you’d also be right
So they train Kara as a firebender, or try to, all the while keeping her other powers a secret and hiding in plain sight. Some days are more successful than others. Or maybe they pretend she’s a non-bender, they can’t quite give her more instruction with firebending other than how to put fires out, or make it look like firebending, not until she masters the other elements but teaching a master bender an element is noticeable , and just. So Much destruction. And they’re TRYING for subtle. And so everyone sees the shining pride of the danvers clan, their brilliant prodigy but most teachers and students just kinda overlook Kara–which is kind of the point. Everyone knows her as Alex’s sister but if they didn’t say that Kara was a distant relation from the colonies there’d be a lot of people scratching their heads as to why the noble Danvers family took in such an ordinary girl
And maybe Kara spends a lot of time in the city, kinda sorta maaaaaaybe sneaking out (she’s an airbender–she’s good at blending in when she wants to, a simple breeze lost in the wind). And maybe she runs into another girl with really pretty green eyes named Lena, who’s kind and so smart and brilliant and has she mentioned pretty and Lena just Loves how to Kara she’s just her friend and she’s judged solely on her own merits (and maybe she also loves how when Kara tells her she loves Lena’s eyes Lena believes her)
But reality sets in and Lena is a fire nation princess and Kara is the avatar and both have are sent away to learn more, and the next time they see each other?
I love your metas and answers about Atla and I've been wondering if you've seen this: xenavitani tumblr com post 143606712661 focusas-amporas-ok-so-i-screenshotted-this
Ok, so the link makes a very important point. The ending scene in The Chase was definitely foreshadowing the entire group joining together. All 4 elements, plus non-benders. And who does Azula counter first? Sokka’s boomerang. Perhaps this was a sign of who she sees as the most threatening. Sokka, being the brains. Aang, the Avatar. Katara, who she saw as a strong waterbender when she faced Ty Lee and Mai. Toph she has no idea about since she wasn’t in Return to Omashu. And then her “worthless” brother last.
Azula is incredibly smart, and she could tell that Sokka is the brains of the group. Although Sokka’s attack appeared to be the weakest, she views him as the biggest threat. During the invasion, she used his weakness: Suki. She knew that without him thinking clearly, the group is much weaker. Sokka is always underestimated as a non-bender, but Azula knew he was her intellectual equal and she feared him.
- First fire bending sign. Your bending is dynamic but can be temperamental. Your are pure, active, interested in everything and adventurous, like a small fire that has just began to ignite and is surrounded by kindling. This is where your childlike qualities and enthusiasm originate making you a playful but temperamental fire bender.
- Middle fire bending sign. Like the sun, your bending is stable, radiant and helps to keep things under control. Your bending is steady, dependable, grand and makes its presence known. Your bending can do good but be careful not to turn a small flame into a raging fireball.
- Final fire bending sign. A Sagittarius leans towards the Philosophical, bottom part of their flame that is mystical and out of reach. You are idealistic, creative and the most gentle fire bender. Your fire bending is very dynamic and you will be the first to discover new things with it.
- First water bending sign. Your bending represents water in its most basic form. You are genuine, concerned with others, nurturing and the most helpful water bender. When unleashed however, like a river spilling over its banks your bending can be aggressive when the need to defend yourself or someone you love arises.
- Middle water bending sign. Your bending has a lot of potential. if not properly controlled it can continuously wreak havoc on everything in its path. You are full of energy, intensity and are similar to a raging river. You need control, your bending needs a lot of self control, all of your energy has to be harnessed to be effective (like putting a hydroelectric dam on a raging river). If controlled your bending could be used to provide power to cities or protect farmers from floods.
- The final water bending sign. Your bending resembles a small creek, overly flexible and to adaptable. Your bending is very charming, inspirational and mystical like beautiful creeks you see in paintings. You are a calm bender often creating small creeks for calming noises to put you to sleep and mystify you. You are the most spiritual of all the benders.
- The first earth bending sign. Your bending is the most stable and the strongest but you also have a very stubborn nature and your unwillingness to change can hinder your learning. You want harmony and happiness, and you often use earth bending to create it in your surroundings. You create a solid foundation and help others with their own. Your bending is dependable, nurturing and wise.
- The middle earth bending sign. Your bending is represented by the middle of the earth. Stuck in the middle and indecisive. You live in your own world on a earthly-mental plane. You observe and think with quick analytical precision making your bending flexible, helpful and stable. Your bending is the least physical.
- The lower earth bending sign. Your bending is the earth in its most basic and pure form. You have many sides and take interest in everything from materialistic possessions to solid to being a powerful status symbol. You are mysterious and deep. You can become depressed easily, bending yourself a little room to hide in, whenever your concentration in not on the more serious aspects of life. Go for a hike to release your stress and anxiety, you clear your head better while mountain climbing, so create your own mountains and get climbing!
- The first air bending sign. Your bending is the most flightly, like the wind that forms a dust devil, picking up debris, swirling with it and then letting it go, off to explore another region. When you are forced to slow down, it is not for long and you do not know what to do, marked by your indecisiveness. You often use your bending for communication you want to know everyone and everything, like a wind that blows forever, so do you.
- The second air bending sign. Your bending is most like the air of your breath. Bringing harmony, life and balance to the world. You want your bending to be peaceful and want to use it to help the lives of everyone you touch, just like air. You want to form relationships of balance, I give you air, you give me life. This is why relationships are so important to you,
- The last and highest air element. Your bending is a powerful force which can make the world go round. It has the power to change areas, and it does. You are the sign of change and originality. You seek understanding and are not afraid to use your bending to knock down any barriers which may be in your way. If not kept under control your bending can become unpredictable and erratic. You are the most advanced thinker of the benders and are concerned with advancing civilization and the future of man kind with the power of air bending.
In your own opinion, what element would the RFA (+ V and Saeran) bend? Like Avatar: The Last Airbender style, if you've seen the show. :)
I think I binge-watched “Avatar : the last Air Bender“ up to the book of fire when the series finished. Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten to watching Korra’s arc, but I’ve at least read the synopsis (I know it’s a sequel, but I like referring to it as an arc). T_T
RFA as elemental benders (Avatar: The Last Air Bender style)
Zen and V are such free spirits (as most artists tend to be), that they would be air benders. However, I have a feeling that V would have the special skill of spirit projection. Meanwhile, although the skill is related to water, Zen would still have precognitive dreams.
Jumin would be an earth bender, but of the metal (and later on, sand) kind
Jaehee is also an earth bender, but she upgrades to lava bending
Yoosung, even with his sunny vibe and cheerfulness, would be a fire bender who also upgrades to combustion bending
Surprisingly though, even with their fiery red hair, Saeyoung would be a water/ice bender while Saeran would be a blood bender.
And Rika? Rika would be a spirit bender. I mean, how else would you explain her manipulative abilities?
In direct contrast to Rika, MC would also be a spirit bender,but they use their skill to heal, so they could be classified as a healer-type spirit bender, or they could even be the Avatar (as one anon kindly pointed out)
But…! Let’s not forget about Vandy~ He’d definitely be a fire bender who specializes in lightning.
I made a discussion post of the White Lion being the Guardian Spirit of Ice if it's confirmed to be the 6th lion on the carving from the Season 3 trailer, but what kind of pilot would it rely on?
I mean, personally, I’m skeptical just from that there is a sixth Lion. It could be part of a larger picture, or depicting a separate, singular Lion besides Voltron itself.
As far as Guardian of Ice- Ice is already firmly Blue’s domain, being another form taken by water and wielded by her arsenal. I think you could make a better argument that a hypothetical sixth Lion, and element, could take two roles.
About the only way I could see this occurring is connected to Allura. She has that currently nebulous but powerful connection seemingly to Voltron- the Castle is Allura’s unique vessel, and in DotU, there was a point where the Castle seemed to be destroyed only to dramatically change form.
In which case, if there’s another element at hand here, in the past I’ve sort of ascribed Allura to the element of metal. However, this runs the same problem as ice- it overlaps with the domain of an existing Lion- in this case, Yellow the Earth Lion, who would also command refined earth, logically.
So alternatively- what if what Allura commands is a transient element? After all in Avatar, entirely outside of the various elemental benders, there are those that bend spirit. In that sense, the “sixth Lion” may not actually be a physical being, as every part of Voltron’s body is accounted for. Rather, its physical body would be the Castle- something integral and joined to Voltron, but separate from it, and yet many times larger than any of the five Lions.
I mean, I keep thinking about the character of Vince, in Voltron Force- and the fact that Allura, as demonstrated in s1e8, can affect huge areas with her power. Even something Voltron’s size would be no problem for her considering she’s empowered something much bigger (the Balmera)