Important messages from “Yuri!!! on Ice” to an athlete
1. You don’t have an expiration date. Yuuri is a “late bloomer”, you can be that too.
2. To succeed in your sport, you don’t have to be born with talent - hard work and dedication will bring you far.
3. Rivalry doesn’t exclude the possibility of a friendship.
4. What works for others might not work for you. You’re an individual and there’s not one correct answer to what will help you improve your athletic performance. Celestino wasn’t the right coach for Yuuri, ballet didn’t work for Otabek.
5. Some days - maybe weeks or months, even - you won’t perform the way you want to and know you can. That’s okay. You’ll figure it out. Everyone falls into a slump sometimes.
6. At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you enjoy your sport. It’s supposed to be fun, even though it might seem to be all work and no fun.
7. You don’t have to fight alone . Don’t be afraid to ask for help - it might help you to develop your skills and help you out of a rough patch
Thank you Troian and Keegan for seven amazing years of Spoby. All the smiles, tears, angst, sexiness, happiness and heartbreak. We couldn’t ask for anyone better to portray these characters. You both are so incredibly talented and your connection on and off screen is what makes Spoby so enjoyable. Spoby will be missed and they will always be each other’s safe place to land. Thank you.
Lance would probably be the type of boyfriend that would compliment the heck out of Keith at any given chance, call him ‘babe’ and ‘love’ and yell ‘looking fine sweetheart!’ across the deck during training sessions
and then Keith would struggle, wanting to return the sentiment before turning to him one night and saying ‘If I ever had the chance to trade you with the mothman, i wouldn’t.’
Because I went through a funk and they sent me such sweet messages and they’re just amazing people in general and I want to thank them for being just the best girls and the best of friends a girl could ask for. I love them and I just want to say thank you guys!
In one smooth motion, as if a wave passed over them, every candle in the ballroom goes out.
The light chat rises to panicked whispers in the darkness. I begin to choke on the smell of ash.
A sharp gasp rakes through the crowd as the tall candelabras at the top of the stairs erupt into columns of flame, illuminating the tall figure standing there.
They’re wrapped in flowing silk and sumptuous furs that shimmer like champagne in the firelight. Concealing their face is a goat mask. Its crimson eyes seem to glimmer.
The figure glides down the staircase, their very form seeming to flicker like a candle as they survey the crowd. A small laugh rises from them as their golden, clawed hand reaches to pull away their mask.
In the smoke-choked silence, Nadia’s wine glass shatters against the floor. She brings a trembling hand to her lips. Julian squeezes my hand, urging me to step back.
On the staircase, Count Lucio’s eyes blaze with amusement. His grin splits like a wound.
“Surprise, bitches.” he laughs, throwing out his arms. “i bET YOU THOUGHT YOU’‘D S EE N THE L AS T OF ME”
S O I havE SOM E HOPES ABOUT THE MASQUERADE CHAP T ER