Against Me! Angel Haze Antony and the Johnsons Ashby and the Oceanns Ashley Etcetera Aye Nako Ben Wallace Black Cracker Ezra Furman For Everest Genesis P-Orridge
Geo Wyeth Gerard Way
G.L.O.S.S. Imaginary Hockey League Jake Edwards Jayne County Joe Stevens Joshua Klipp Justin Vivian Bond Katastrophe Kieran Strange Le Tigre Little Waist Mal Blum Mya Byrne Namoli Brennet One Hundred Year Ocean Rae Spoon Ryan Cassata Schmekel Skylar Kergil Splash-T Spectacular Spectacular The Cliks Told Slant Tunfe Olaniran Vaginal Creme Davis Wendy Carlos
- DATE. YOUR. WORK. I can’t stress enough how much this can really help. If you date all the worksheets and handouts that you’re given, it’ll make it so much easier to keep everything in order so you can find it when exam time comes around.
- I like to have just the essentials when I go to classes. So for me, that’s a notebook (two for maths subjects- a summary book and a workbook), a clear plastic pocket, my pencil case, my laptop, my planner, a water bottle and, if I can’t keep a PDF of it on my laptop, my textbook. I use the plastic pocket to store all the loose handouts I receive, and I find it much easier than using a binder or something big and heavy. Once it gets filled up, I just get another one and use double-sided tape to stick the two together.
- Adding on to the last point- if you can, keep all your textbooks digital and leave the hard copies at home. Your arms and back will thank you, and sometimes online copies have additional study material which can be a bonus.
- It’s not a source of embarrassment to study. If you want to study, go to the library and study. Find a spare table in the cafeteria and study. Pull out your phone and read through your notes on there. Enhancing yourself is not something to be ashamed of.
- However, ensure that you are spending enough time relaxing and having fun with your friends. Downtime is important. It keeps you focused and happy, and gives you a break from all the stress.
- UTILISE YOUR TEACHERS. They are the ones who know the course inside-out. Most times, speaking to them can really help you.
- Prioritise. I know this seems obvious, but it can be something that’s really hard to do. Remember- you are your biggest priority.
- Find out what works for you. You don’t have to fit into any category. Study however you want- if that’s in Starbucks, so be it. If that’s in a huge quiet library, so be it. If that’s in your favourite Indian restaurant, so be it. I have a friend whose sister used to sneak into the detention room during lunchtimes just so she could do her work in peace. Whatever works for you.
- Try to look over your notes at least once every night. It really does help.
- Don’t waste your holidays.
- Don’t waste your nights, either. When you have no homework, CATCH UP. We’re all behind on something. I know.
- Find a study buddy. Having someone else there to motivate you can be extremely beneficial.
- I don’t listen to music with lyrics while I study, because the words distract me from my work and disrupt my thought processes. It sounds cliché, but classical music can really calm you down when you feel the rising panic of an overdue assignment. One of my favourite songs to listen to is “Salut d’amour, Op. 12″ by Edward Elgar.
- TO-DO LISTS REALLY HELP ME. They motivate me and push me to finish them, because ticking off boxes is just so satisfying.
- Keep a spare pencil case with pens, pencils, an eraser, and a ruler in your locker.
- Always bring a drink bottle to school, and aim to finish it. It does wonders for your skin and helps with headaches.
- Set goals. It’s so much easier to reach big goals when you set a series of realistic, small ones that lead up towards your ultimate dream.
That’s all I can think of right now! Please let me know if you enjoyed this post or if it helped you in any way, or if you have any other questions you want to ask (ask box and messages are always open, though I am by no means an expert) (I’ll try my best though). Thanks for reading!!
“There is no such thing as perfection and in my eyes ‘ugly’ and ‘fat’ does not exist! Beauty is how you carry yourself. Beauty is when you’re confident. Beauty is when you don’t give a fuck what anyone else thinks. Be fierce and kick ass.”
From Pretty Dramatic But Ultimately Okay to Most Dramatic, Wow here goes:
5. Garrett: He’ll make speeches! He’s the Needlessly Political Uncle we all have to endure at family holidays! But he’s okay and I like him.
4. Vladimir and Stefan: Look. They bring up eyeball-gouging within earshot of children. They practiced human sacrifice. They’re A Lot.
3. Carlisle: We’ve all befriend some weirdos, realized they’re terrible, and politely back-pedalled out of there. However, unlike Carlisle, we don’t hang up portraits of ourselves and those weirdos, dressed in skimpy outfits and impersonating Greek gods, where guests can see.
2. Maria and Victoria: “Well, my boyfriend– who might not even have liked me that much– is dead. Time to make an army and turn the surrounding area into a scorched hellscape” kinda speaks for itself, in terms of drama.
1. Edward: He tried to sparkle himself to death. He Did That.
Request: [anonymous] Hello! Could you please do a Edward Nygma X Reader, so (Y/N) is a detective at GCPD and Ed is in love with her so he have a “15 reasons why I love (Y/N)” list and she finds his list and ask him out. Thank you!
A/N: I’m hoping that the anon didn’t mean to make a reference to 13 reasons why from this request cause this is far from that.