ok can i just say???? grease au is so adorable for yoi. and i mean this is not like you’re probably thinking. we’re gonna flip this one on its head. like, lemme paint you a picture here:
- we got the summer, which consists of viktor (on vacation) “meeting” yuuri at some party, where yuuri gets super drunk and then just ???? starts stripping and dancing and like holy cow viktor is enamored
- BUT THEY’LL NEVER SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN!! BECAUSE VIKTOR IS ON VACATION!! AND YURI IS PROBABLY NOT!! HOW CAN THIS BEEEEEE!??!?!
- so vitya, being vitya, works some of his magic and drops a heck load of hints to his guardian, yakov, and, when that fails, baaaaasically just runs away from home. and yakov is like “that’s so irresponsible but whatever, you’re a senior and i guess we can call this study abroad since you signed yourself up for student exchange and forged my signature and you’re technically an adult so you do you”
- and that’s how viktor traveled all the way across the world for a guy he didn’t even have a conversation with!!
- so he’s there. and like he’s ready to find this boy.
- BUT FIRST he has to actually get registered and stuff. and that’s where he meets chris!
- chris is mega flrty and if vitya weren’t making a major decision to change his entire life for god knows how long for a boy he “met” at a party, he would totally have flirted back. ok maybe he flirted back a little iT’S NOT LIKE HE FOUND THE BOY YET and whatever it’s totally friend flirting
- so chris is like ok you’re cool dude, you’re cool. and then he leans in close and he’s like “you know, buddy, we’ve got this group, the pink ladies, and it’s great and you should join. ok? ok.”
- and viktor is like
YESbut before he can chris says he has to check with the other bros of the group so vitya chills (or does his best)
- so then at lunch, viktor meets the rest of the crew: emil, yuri (a different yuri, tho–viktor decides to call him yurio), and michele
- and guess what! they’re all cool!! and they all think viktor is cool!! so viktor is in the group!!
- so the boys get to talking and eventually viktor gets to talking about why he’s out in not-his-hometown without his guardian and he mentions the party and swooooons over yuuri, the most amazing boy to ever exist, and the boys look at each other and they’re like “wait. yuuri. the same yuuri that is a greaser??? that yuuri?!?!?!?!?!”
- and viktor just shrugs and he’s like uh i guess??? that sounds about right i suppose???
- NOW. LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO OUR GREASERS: we have phichit (highly animated, best hair of the group, too cool to be popular… but he’s totally popular), otabek (the most greaser of the greasers who may or may not (he definitely does) have a thing for yurio), seung-gil (second most greaser of the greasers, makes being quiet cool), leo (i mean.. that hair? ofc he’s a greaser), and yuuri (heartthrob
(not that he knows that), cool kid (again, not that he knows that), and, apparently, awesome pole dancer)
- bonus: minami, this bubbly freshman dude, is constantly trying to join the greasers; guang hong is this adorable quiet kid who somehow has a free pass to hang out with the greasers; mila can’t stop making fun of vitya from all the way back home while georgi thinks it’s sweet and romantic
so like… i’m just saying… even tho yuuri would probably be more likely to be depicted as sandy… this grease au would be amazing too