1. You have made it so far. You’re now 19 and you’re so strong babe. You have dealt with so much shit and you will continually have to deal with that kind of stuff but you’ve made it.
2. Your sex life does not reflect who you are as a person, it does not make you unclean or dirty and it should not be anyone’s business except yours.
3. He’s just a boy, I promise you’ll be okay. I know the way he kisses you now makes you feel like you’re in love, hell you may be getting there, but he’s just one boy and you’ll be okay when it ends.
4. You are a whole being. I know some days are really hard, but that doesn’t make you an unhappy person. It doesn’t make you depressed or bipolar, so stop trying to diagnose yourself. It’s just a hard day, week, month. It will be better.
5. Trust yourself. I can’t stress this one enough. You know what you’re doing. Listen to advice from others but it’s your life and you’re the one in charge. They’re not wrong for their opinions but you’re not either.
6. Find friends who make you feel happy. Simple as that. It’s going to be hard, and you’re going to have to put yourself out there but it will be so worth it. Don’t be around people who constantly bring you down. You deserve better than that.
7. College will be some of the best years of your life, so keep having fun.
8. College is fun but remember why you’re there. You are there to grow and to expand your knowledge, you’re there to do the best you can so you can provide for yourself when the time is right.
9. Stop procrastinating. Seriously, stop it.
10. Take care of your body. I know getting up early to work out sucks but won’t it be worth it when you not only look good but feel good too? This is important.
11. You are growing and you’re becoming. Don’t rush it but also don’t fight it.
12. Not everyone is going to love you and not everyone is going to want to be your best friend. That’s okay. I promise you it is. You will find where you fit in.
13. Call your parents and call your sister. They miss you. I know it’s not always happy times but they love you so much.
14. Back to this boy. He’s lovely isn’t he? But don’t forget what kind of relationship you deserve. If at the end of January or beginning of February he doesn’t want to commit, you need to get out of it, we don’t need an Anthony 2.0. If he wakes up and tells you he’s not interested anymore you gotta know that it’s not you, you gave him so much love and he just doesn’t think he needs it. I know that it’ll hurt so fucking bad but you will be okay.
15. Don’t start a new relationship this year. It’s nice to feel wanted but you don’t need another person to make you feel that way.
16. Practice self love, this is probably the most important thing on this list. You are worthy of love and happiness but it needs to start inside first. You can’t rely on another person to make you feel that way.
— 16 things I want to remember in 2016