Percy Jackson Lotus Flower Cookies*Vegan*
Yields 2 dozen cookies
The things you’ll needIngredients
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cup vegan butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Hand mixer with attachments
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- 2-inch circle cookie cutter
- Plastic wrap
- Pink vegan frosting in a decorating bag fitted with a #366 tip
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour and salt.
- In large bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and rose water.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until well combined.
- Divide dough into two halves and then wrap each half in plastic wrap. Stick them in the fridge to chill.
- Roll out dough to about ¼ an inch thick and then use a cookie cutter to cut circles. Place the circles onto a lined baking sheet and then bake for 12 minutes.
Time to decorate!
- Use a #366 leaf tip to pipe pink frosting onto each cookie in a lotus flower design.Start with larger petals on the outside and work your way to the center, making the petals smaller as you go.
- TaDa! If you feed these Percy Jackson lotus cookies to your guests, they’ll never want to leave!