When can we begin to donate to PR and which channels arw trustworthy?
DO NOT DONATE TO THE RED CROSS a lot of American outlets are linking them DO NOT DO IT. Also be wary of donating to any gofundsme etc anyone can set these up and you don’t know how authentic they are.
Here are alternatives:
Unidos Por Puerto RIco
This site is being ran by the First Lady of Puerto Rico, Beatriz Rosselló. And at this time I think would be one of the best ones to donate to.
( non perishable food ite,s, diapers, water, first aid kits, clothes, books, hygienic products etc.)
- Casabe Senior Houses, 150 E. 121 St., Manhattan, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- El Maestro, Inc., 1300 Southern Blvd, Bronx,Monday through Friday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Orlando: Harbor Community Bank (2320 S. Orange Ave. and 11681 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Suite 1 and 430 N. Semoran Blvd., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday). Acacia (1865 N. Econlockhatchee Trail, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday).
- Kissimmee: Harbor Community Bank (2591 Simpson Road and 100 Park Place Blvd., Suite 101, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday). Rigo Tile (770 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday).
- Altamonte Springs: Harbor Community Bank (420 E. Altamonte Drive, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.)
- Sanford: Harbor Community Bank (251 W. First St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday).
Puertorican Leadership Counsel will be collecting donations:
- Mana Wynwood at 2217 N.W. Fifth Ave., Miami, Florida 3312
- Isla Del Encanto Restaurant at 12850 S.W. 120th St., Miami, Florida 33186
- Ana G. Méndez University at 15201 N.W. 79th Court, Miami Lakes, Florida 33016
Contact Luis De Rosa at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
D.C. Ricans will be hosting an event on the 22nd to collect supplies and raise funds. find out more here
PLEASE DONATE IF YOU CAN AND PLEASE REBLOG THIS AND BOOST!!!