BABY MOOD, GIVE ME PREGNANT OTAYURI HEADCANONS
Before we begin let me just say that this is Yuri’s child and nobody can tell me otherwise.
- Otabek has always been a family man. It’s in his nature, his upbringing, practically coded in his DNA that he wants kids, no matter how he gets them.
- Yuri, on the other hand, wants no part of it at all. Who could blame him, really? The poor kid never really had parents throughout the crucial stages of his childhood development.
- They talked about it once, and Yuri had never shot down an idea so fast in all of their relationship.
- But this all changes when Yuri holds Viktuuri’s baby for the first time. He could practically feel the overwhelming joy from the proud parents, and a whole new level of love he had never even seen before in his life.
- He sat on the idea for a while, before finally walking up to Otabek one evening after dinner, his husband putting away the dishes he cleaned before Yuri finally said, “I want a baby.”
- Daddy.exe has stopped working.
- He dropped all six plates he was holding, a la danisnotonfire
*ahem*Daniel Howell*ahem*and Butterfingers. He turned to Yuri and blinked, “come again?”
- “A kid, Beka. I want a fucking kid.”
- Otabek had never heard such an exciting idea coming from Yuri in his life, and after he cleaned the mess he made he made careful sure to lay Yuri gently that night, a soft, intimate moment of romance that seems to last forever and has the Russian in tears.
- A few days pass when nothing happens, but then when it hits, it hits all at once. Yuri leaves all the time now to throw up, feeling weaker by the day and constantly feeling sore. Otabek gets worried, very worried, when after a couple weeks passes and the symptoms are still there.
- One day Yuri doesn’t even come home, normally he’s already home and waiting for Beka when he comes back, but he’s not there, and that only worsens his worry. And finally, about an hour and a half later, Yuri comes home absolutely distraught.
- There are tears soaking his face and he isn’t able to form coherent sentences, completely panicking as if he was given the worst news of his life. Beka’s really worried now, and it feels like no matter what he does he can’t calm Yuri down. Amidst the panicking and the unintelligable babbling through the tears, he finally shouts: “I’m pregnant!”
- Everything stops, and in that moment between Yuri’s sobs Otabek lets out a relieved smile, the tears slipping from his eyes come from a different emotion as he pulls his expecting husband close, holding him tightly and…was he laughing or was he crying? They sounded the same. Petting his back, he cooed Yuri, reassuring him that everything was going to be okay and that everything was okay.
- “I can’t do it, Beka, I can’t raise the baby I don’t know what I’m doing I can’t do it!”
- But he did.
- Yuri would get random cravings for sushi at three in the morning, but Otabek had to remind him that “no, Yuri, you can’t eat fish while you’re pregnant.”
- When his muscles ached, Otabek would massage them for him. When his mood would swing around in whatever direction it pleased, Otabek would remain patient, pushing through it with him and keeping the level head.
- During late nights sometimes, Yuri would cry, whispering, “I can’t do this, Beka. I can’t be Natasha, I won’t be.” and Otabek would just hold him close, a hand on his belly and whispering, “you won’t be her, Yuri, you’re so much better than her.” Yuri was so scared, but Otabek was always there.
- They started to work on the nursery and such the moment Yuri was calm enough to begin. They just got the basics like diapers and whatnot, making the room a pastel yellow, with little patterns etched in on the wall, almost looking like Gallifreyan.
- By the end of term, Yuri finally felt somewhat confident, prepared to tackle parenthood with Otabek by his side and nothing could stop him. That is, until he went into labour the moment he came to that conclusion.
- “Beka, the baby’s coming!” … “She’s not due until next month!” … “Well she decided now, and I think that she has the final say!”
- The baby was born a month early, worrying the hell out of both parents again. but she was healthy, she was happy, and she was beautiful.