Consider this: Miraculous Ladybug PIRATES AU!
In which the two most widely known pirates fight for treasure and compete for dominance over the seven seas. I see it as kind of a rivals/enemies AU..
- Ladybug is widely known for helping all of the small, rural towns by pillaging rich people and trading to the poor towns for cheap(a robin hood sort of deal), she is a widely loved and welcomed pirate around many rural parts
- Chat Noir escaped his life as a noble/prince sort of deal to live the free, unrestricted life of a badass pirate. nothing to his name but the noble seas and an infamous reputation. He enjoys the lifestyle, and badgers Ladybug’s fleet/competes with them to pillage all of their treasures, just for the adrenaline.
- Both end up meeting on accident in civilian clothes, while trying not to be recognized while getting supplies for their ships. Marinette ends up getting a soft spot for him, and he’s oblivious, but they always grab supplies and run into each other on the same few islands by some miraculous coincidence.
- Hawkmoth/Gabriel is searching avidly for his son, putting all the blame on these pirates in the belief that they kidnapped his son. He lost his wife to sickness first, and Adrien ran away because he couldn’t take the loneliness or knowledge of his eventual (and more than probable) betrothal to Chloe, another noble
- Chat won’t stop bothering Ladybug because he’s head over heels for her, and although he enjoys stealing her valuables and victories, he won’t land a killing blow on even one of her crew members, as is his crew’s policy
-Nino is Adrien’s first mate, and Alya is Marinette’s, and their crews are divided of who is in their class
Just some thoughts to throw out there!