1) “you’re controlling culture” no im not
2) you’re talking about islam, which is a religion, not culture
3) “likes to think of itself” islam can’t think, it doesn’t have a brain
4) using the “you’re brainwashed” excuse of an argument is pointless because that’s like saying “youre wrong and i cant explain why im against you wearing what makes you comfortable, but youre wrong still”
5) a hijab is a symbol for modesty if anything, and it always will be, regardless of “muslim men”. hijab isnt something you should force on to people, and it sucks that it still happens in some countries but stop assuming that it’s happening to me.
6) “you’re not showing your support for those women” hate to break it to you buddy but a hijab is not a political statement. throwing my hijab on the ground and stomping on it in canada isn’t going to stop some man in iraq from treating his wife “like a slave”. if my friend gets detention at school for wearing tanktops but i wear a t shirt, does that mean im not showing her my support? the only way to show support is to wear a tank top??
the hijab is not a symbol of oppression
it’s literally just a way of covering up. period. it has nothing to do with how certain people in certain countries behave. you cant just decide that it represents them.
leave this symbolism shit for your 10th grade english class that youre probably failing