Planned gameplay style for Fighter Kirby and any Helper that has the Fighter ability. Some Abilities play a bit differently…
It’s pretty much Final Fantasy 6′s Blitz commands–or Auron’s Overdrive in Final Fantasy 10. If you’re unfamiliar, go ahead and press all the buttons on the screen within the time limit to unleash the full fury of Kirby’s combos. If you miss a button however, the user will be penalized. Moves like this have a cooldown, too. The more advanced the technique, the harder it’ll be to perform the full combo.
Brownie points if you recognize the input combo I’m using before looking at the tags. :P
((i mean if that guy had succeeded in swapping out sam’s soul for the dead brother’s tho, would we have got soulless sam back and would we have had soulless sam and amnesiac dean as an unlikely duo because that’s a combo i would pay CASH MONEY to see))
I was wondering about which friendship in haikyuu would win the prize of Most Unlikely To Ever Happen™, and I came up with an interesting AU idea insted. So what if Kyoutani went to Karasuno instead of Seijoh:
- I bet that as a first year he would be that weird kid that doesn’t really fit in and that no one knows how to approach, and that the previous third years wouldn’t even allow him to be a starter because he’s unreliable and unpredictable on court.
- when Daichi takes over as a captain in his second year, he gives first-year Kyoutani a chance because he sees his raw potential, but things go south with the famous match against Dateko that made Asahi leave the team, because adding up to Asahi’s rejection over being blocked, there would be the skirmishes with Kyoutani who would steal his tosses, claiming to be better at scoring points, only to be blocked again, and Suga feeling the pressure all the more so because he’d be standing between two fires
- when he ends up ditching the club, no one would chase him back because there would be the precedent of Chikara and the other second years, and the team is falling apart anyway
- He ends up coming back on his own after Hinata and the other first years join the club because he wants to know what all the fuss for the “oddball duo combo” is about
- Needless to say, he would still butt heads with pretty much everyone because of his “lone wolf” playing style, and with Kageyama and Tsukishima all the more so because the taunts about the “King of the court” would double in number and nastiness and apply to him too
- He would butt heads with Tanaka because let’s be honest, both of them enjoy the “I’ll intimidate you into submission” attitude with people they antagonize
- He would scare Hitoka half to death by merely existing in her near vicinity
- He would end up leaving the team again and spend his lunch breaks alone, and go running during the mornings and afternoons where he should’ve been to practice
Until, and bear with me because this is the moment where the Unlikely Friendship™ mention makes sense, Hitoka takes notice of how miserable he actually is under the facade of anger and incontrollable testosterone.
Like, I know that Yachi is a scaredy cat and that her levels of anxiety skyrocket at the most random occasions, but you’re underestimating her a lot if you truly think that she doesn’t have it in her to get past her anxiety. I mean, she canonically befriended both Kageyama and Tsukishima, who are two of the most intimidating (from her perspective) and difficult to approach characters of the whole series, so.
So anyway, Hitoka approaches Kyoutani like one would a crazy dog, nearly faints, manages not to, offers him lunch and that’s it. That’s really all it takes to become Kyoutani’s friend, not being afraid of him and actually listen.
I just. Now that I thought of this little AU I can’t leave it alone. Can you actually imagine Yachi adopting Kyou as a bodyguard who would walk at her side at Nationals (where everyone’s so tall and scary) and glare down at everyone who looks her way? Or Kyoutani having pink and flowery notebooks full of insightful notes in his backpack written in Hitoka’s neat calligraphy? Because I can and it’s such a precious mental picture
The final Nikoichi comic is “Both of Their Panties”, and it features Re:vale! They’re back in their dressing room after a program, so what are they talked about as they relax?
*tl notes: Yuki’s “if you insist” is more literally “Momo can’t be helped,” but the phrase used can also mean what I put above. It’s probably worth noting that it’s said with the nuance of “oh, Momo, what a silly”.
Also, the uh, Butt Buddies, thing. I think Momo was punning, but guess who gave up translating that to English (hint: it was me). He uses 尻にしく (with “コンビ” or duo/combo) which as a PHRASE means “to dominate (usually one’s husband)”. But taken in pieces, it can probably mean “spread out across [their] buts]”, aka their underwear. So he’s making a pun out of them being a duo of people with paired pictures on their asses, while also making a Married joke. Momo pls.
And then here’s the bonus rubber strap illustration: “The two of them are holding a peach and an apple, in connection with Momo’s favorite drink. The wings that match their song are also cute
So I was going to work on a White / Black ‘Pillowfort’ build with Daxos the Returned and then I lost focus and decided instead to use Athreos with a ‘gain ‘n’ drain’ theme using extort with Blood Artist dating the Soul Sisters.
Long story short, the combo-rrific duo Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood make the cut - and then - I did a dick thing by putting Plea for Guidance in the mix. Having a combo in your Commander stack is cool, but don’t expect to make friends at the table after putting tutors for the pieces in there too.
I fear I have become ‘that guy’ : (
“Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.” - Robert Oppenheimer
The Fairy Tail Magic Ranbu mobile game recently sent out a notification to people’s phones announcing the new Gray and Juvia toons that are available, and instead of saying Gray and Juvia, they literally used the Japanese SHIP name to describe them:
“Gurejubi konbi” (thanks to chanting-to-u for the exact words) which literally means the “Gruvia pair/duo/combo.” So even the official FT games are using Gruvia’s ship name to talk about them! They ship it haha! It’s like it’s just accepted that they are a couple. ^-^
In fact, the Gray and Juvia toons offered are the GMG versions:
And Juvia’s special attack is her “Wings of Love” (Gray-sama love) attack lol!
eh? the Shōnan duo...*? that’s like saying Tokyo Disneyland is actually in Tokyo...🐔 **
well, they have perfect chemistry so I’m sure they’ll be so funny no one will be able to stop laughing! for example, even if the conversation stalls it’s only cause an angel passed by, not their fault.
don’t miss itー(๑*౪*๑)b
*Shōnan is a region in Kanagawa, Japan. Since Reita and Uruha (who will be on the radio show tonight) were born around there they are often called the Shōnan duo (or combo).
**It’s called Tokyo Disneyland but it’s not actually in Tokyo but in Chiba.