At Dueling Club that year, Hermione ‘set’ a snake on Millicent Bulstrode and every horrified, accusing eye in the room turned her way. She had read enough to know what those hissing words tripping off her tongue meant.
“The Hat offered me Ravenclaw, first,” Hermione whispered glumly to Harry and Ron at breakfast. “I don’t…”
Harry crunched through a piece of toast piled high with sugar. “It offered me Slytherin,” he said, with the tone of someone discussing the weather.
“Oh,” said Hermione. “Harry, I…”
“Huh,” said Ron. “It just called me a Weasley and gave me Gryffindor. I feel minimized.”
-Hermione Granger isn’t able to get into the first year dorm on her first night and spends the night crying until George Weasley comes down to the commons to see her.
-He explains in a soft tone that he understands how she’s feeling and together they go knocking on McGonnagall’s bedroom door because she needs somewhere to sleep dammit.
-McGonnagall apologizes to the young girl right away and it takes the rest of the night to get the girl’s dorm to accept her.
-Hannah Abbott and Hermione form a secret group for transgirls and occasionally they have a meet up with George’s transboy group. They all have secret badges.
-The next year they’re ready for any new trans kids and the two groups merged together so its just the SOTANGS(society of trans and nongender specifics). -When Lockheart refers to George as a she all hell breaks loose. The fanclub of Lockheart grows to near nonexistent by the time the dueling club is started up.
-Colin Creevey comes out to SOTANGS when someone steals his hormone blockers.
-The person receives hell and is shunned by the entire school for the rest of the year.
-They don’t come back the next year.
-Speaking of year three, SOTANGS is growing larger and they need to find a new classroom.
-Colin discovers the Room of Wishes Granted, as he calls it
-The room gives everything from pamphlets to stuffing and binders, packers and tucking underwear.
-George starts testosterone therapy at the end of the year
-Year four has SOTANGS gaining honorary members from dumstrang and beaubaxton.
-A GSA is created and Cedric and Cho come out as bi and ace, respectively.
-Luna stumbles into a SOTANGS meeting after hearing about it from Ginny.
-Susan Bones becomes Stanley Bones and later starts a drag club.
-Charlie bursts in one day in full drag but like, as a dragon. Dragon Shows
-Viktor Krum shows Hermione a spell to help her enlarge her breasts over the summer.
-Year Five has SOTANGS and the DA basically being the same thing except Harry is fucking oblivious.
-Umbridge misgenders a third year and has them write “i am a boy, i am doing this for attention” with a blood quill. George develops a skin cream that helps heal scar wounds, one that will later become the basis for top surgery scar removal.
-Harry is literally so oblivious, honestly bless him.
-I hate Umbridge and she steals kids trans gear
-Basically Umbridge deserved death
6th year is when Hermione starts HRT and Ron finds out, he literally looks at hermione and just *shrugs*
-“okay still a girl though yeah?” -ron
-WWW has all trans things needed(including magical binders for guys that had larger breasts)
-Lavender misgenders Hermione and George in the same breath and Ginny fucking decks her
-Slughorn just not giving a shit and properly addresses everyone
-Draco figures out he’s gay because he tried kissing Pansy and that was gross but holy shit Blaise.
-Blaise basically wins over the entire school with how hot they are
**HC AUTHOR NOTE**
Please skip this section if abuse and torture trigger you. I’m not joking, in case you haven’t noticed the Carrow twins are fucking horrible and they’re about to get worse.
-any SOTANGS kids who didn’t go to Hogwarts this year had it easy
-all HRT and T was confiscated
-binders/tuckers/packers/stuffers(idk what transgirls call them someone send help) were burned
-if anyone was caught using the “wrong”(see: misgendering assholes) pronouns was tortured for an hour
-most moved into the room of requirement(wishes granted) pretty quickly
- the carrows did a lot of horrible shit
-one kid died because the carrows tortured him for a full day
-kids were ordered to report if someone used the “wrong pronouns”
-that actually happened only once.
-Due to the war, George didn’t get to have top surgery while Fred was alive.
-Colin never got to be in his perfect body.
-Over half of SOTANGS was lost.
-But the group continues and merges with the GSA.
-Teddy and Victorie head the group as the androgynous duo.
-Roman comes to his mother two weeks before he’s due to start school and asks her mom to call her Rose.
-Everyone accepts the change without a big fuss.
-Rose is still her Uncle Percy’s favorite, much to Ron’s dismay.
hey would you ever do a "what if harry potter had been a girl" story? or a trans girl? i don't know how much gender would change things except other people's perceptions but...
Hermione went to the library, when Harry first confided in her. Whatever the faculty, the administration, or the Ministry believed or didn’t believe, the Hogwarts library gave the children what they needed and always would.
Hermione came back with books and books on gender in wizarding history, on the spells and words wizards had used for centuries or decades or mere years, and she and Harry bent their heads together and figured out what words Harry felt best told her story. From her hometown library, after that first summer, Hermione brought back memoirs and brightly-colored pamphlets that Harry read through instead of finishing her Potions homework.
When Harry looked in the Mirror of Erised, she still saw her mother, her father, all her gathered, lost kin. The specter of her father gathered up her hands in his. Her mother pushed back the long dark hair Petunia had always made her cut short and she called her beautiful.
When she looked into it again, after Devil’s Snare and winged keys, giant chess and Ron lying prone on the floor, Hermione wringing her eleven year old hands in the potion riddle room– When Harry looked into the Mirror again, she saw herself, just herself. The girl in the mirror winked and smiled and slipped the Stone in Harry’s pocket. No matter what other wishes and want laid on her narrow shoulders, at the end of the day the thing Harry wanted most was to help. Harry brushed one hand over the lump of rock in her robe pocket, and then brushed her other over her mess of hair, which was feet shorter than the girl in the mirror’s.
She woke up in the hospital wing, bedside table piled high with candy.
Once Harry and Hermione had sussed out between them what the words were for what was going on here, they had explained it to Ron. Harry didn’t come out to anyone else until partway through second year, though, at the height of the Heir of Slytherin nonsense.
She was fed up, then. She just wanted to be left alone, and this wouldn’t help with that, but they were all already staring. Keeping this to herself felt like a vice around her chest. Hogwarts was supposed to be better.
After, Ron came almost to blows with anyone who goggled or sniffed or rolled their eyes. Seamas learned to swallow his tongue. Draco Malfoy didn’t. Hermione wrote up an explanatory note about appropriate pronouns in her best penmanship and then copied it with flicks of her wand. With Harry’s embarrassed permission, she gave it to every professor Harry had or would ever have.
Colin Creevey stopped her in the Great Hall with a tug on her sleeve. She turned, shoulders rising, and the kid said in his piping voice, “You’re still my hero.”
That was better than it could have been, but she wasn’t sure she liked the “still.”
Peeves, though he was nasty about everything else–ickle firsties and orphan girls–got it immediately. For all six years of her Hogwarts tenure, he dropped water balloons on the heads of anyone who misgendered her. Professor Binns never quite figured it out, but he didn’t know any student’s name. Nearly Headless Nick gallantly and somewhat awkwardly called her lady and tried to hold open doors for her, despite the fact that he couldn’t open them.
Snape called Harry “Mr. Potter” for all seven years that he was in Harry’s life. Around year three, Ron stopped counting the detentions he got for his increasingly sarcastic responses to this.
The whispers about the Heir of Slytherin grew louder and louder, keeping pace with “Uh, I thought it was the Boy Who Lived?” Fred and George Weasley took it upon themselves to walk Harry to and from class when they could, talking loudly enough to drown everything out.
Then Hermione got Petrified and the Heir whispers stopped abruptly. Harry, if she hadn’t been busy with Ron trading off reading their assigned textbooks aloud to Hermione in the infirmary, might have felt gratified that the whole school knew how much this bushy-haired kid meant to her. Alright, so they thought she might murder Muggleborns with a mysterious monster, or sic a snake on her opponent in a dueling club? But they knew she wouldn’t hurt Hermione for anything.
In the Chamber, she met Tom Riddle. He was supposed to be her mirror, though she didn’t quite know that yet. He was supposed to be her shadow, the chain around her ankle, the other half (or another eighth) of her story and his soul.
Ginny had been trying to speak for months– to tell someone, to open the diary and the bag under her bed full of chicken-blood-stained robes and to thrust them into the light. But Percy had shushed her, all his assumptions orbiting his own importance to her story. The teachers had patted her on the head. She had been frightened, eleven years old with Tom whispering in her ear, guiding her hands.
Harry had been trying to speak for years– to explain to someone the way she did not feel like Dudley, like Vernon, like the boys in the locker room at school. Hermione had listened. Hermione had given her books and books of people who felt like her. Ron had listened, and taught her wizard’s chess, and kicked Draco in the shins.
But here Harry was, standing alone– a red-haired lump at her feet, dark robes sodden with moldy water. Hermione was frozen. Ron was trapped behind a rock fall and Tom was pacing, gloating, glowing. Ginny was breathing. Ginny had to be breathing. Harry was going to save her. She had to, because no one had listened to the kid, not even Harry.
The phoenix tears left no scars on Harry’s arm. Riddle, the Chamber, the life going out of her, everything that had happened in that long year– none of it left scars on Ginny, or at least none that anyone could see.
When Harry got back to 4 Privet Drive that summer, she suffered through Aunt Petunia’s annual hair cut and then she curled up with Hedwig and wrote a letter. She wrote about the Muggle candies she missed when at Hogwarts, and how her cousin thought she was weird for being excited about summer homework. She asked Ginny how she was.
Ginny wrote back after a long week. She didn’t answer the question, but she wrote about helping Dad on the car, about the apple harvest coming, and Fred and George playing pranks on the ghoul in the attic.
I don’t know, I felt like making a gif of this just because it cracks me up that they had an entire extra deck of Kuribohs for when Yami uses Multiply and they go everywhere. Seriously, I laughed so hard the first time I watched this part.
Fujiki Yusaku: A first-year high school student, who possesses a calm demeanor and extraordinary analysis skill. Due to a certain incident, he generally tries to avoid contact with others. He seems to only trust Kusanagi. The two of them work together.
Kusanagi Shoichi: He operates a hot-dog truck in Den City. After a certain incident in the past, he teamed up with Yusaku to fight the Knights of Hanoi. He supports Yusaku with his hacking skills.
Mysterious Lifeform: A self-centered AI, who gets carried away easy. Also likes to joke around, much to Yusaku’s chagrin.
Shima Naoki: Yusaku’s classmate, and a talkative student who belongs to the Duel Club. He loves Duel Monsters, and often has the most up-to-date Duel-related info.
Zaizen Aoi: Zaizen Akira’s younger sister. She has a rather low-key and quiet demeanor at school. She is aloof toward others. However, she is obedient to her brother.
Zaizen Akira: SOL Technologies Corporation’s Security Chief. He and Aoi live by themselves, without their parents. He devotes himself to work for Aoi’s sake, but due to that, he usually doesn’t have the chance to come home.
Sure enough, the Weasleys spotted you sitting in the stands on Saturday, in the lower corner of the Ravenclaw section. They waved to you, earning a small smile, but couldn’t help but notice how uncomfortable you looked.
“It’d be easier if she had friends,” George noted.
“And that’d be easier if she actually talked to people,” Fred replied.
“I’m still not sure how we actually got her to talk to us.”
“Our devilish charm and good looks.”
After the match (Gryffindor having won by a very slight lead), the Weasleys met you in the library, flanking you at the table.
“A chocolate frog, as promised,” George said, setting the candy next to you.
“And a second, for being so sweet yourself,” Fred said, setting his down as well.
“Did you have fun at the match?” George asked.
“It was… a nice way to pass the time,” you said.
“You really should trust us more, Y/N,” Fred said.
“I do,” you said. “In every subject except Potions.”
Sixth Year | 10 ½" Vine, Thunderbird Tail Feather, Unbending | Quidditch Captain | Lynx (Patronus) | Pureblood | Non-Verbal Magic (special ability) | Potions, Arithmancy, Astrology (best subjects) | Jackson Wang (boyfriend) | Park Jinyoung and Choi Youngjae (best friends) | Leader of the Silver Spears
- Literally the most nontraditional Ravenclaw you will ever meet
- While the rest of his house is sipping tea and cozying up to a large window to read a bit fat book, Mark is chugging coffee and is in a permanent state of ‘controlled chaos’.
- Will fight you if you give him tea.
- His best subjects are potions, arithmancy, and astrology. He is a Ravenclaw, however weird he might be.
- Speaking of Ravenclaw, this kid was a hatstall. The Sorting Hat took almost thirty minutes to decide what house to put him in.
- “Oh, now this is an interesting one. Not often I come across a mind that is so well suited to all four houses. Hmm…so where to put you?”
- Mark is pureblood and gives literally zero shits about it. Don’t even try to come up to him and spout that nonsense because all you’ll get is a facial expression that is the embodiment of sass and he’ll shush you with his wand without ever opening his mouth.
- Which reminds me, Mark is scary good at non verbal magic. Upon being a first year he realized he was naturally good at this talent and decided to focus on it. Now that he’s in sixth year….yeah, don’t mess with Mark. He’ll hit you with a stupefy and you’ll have no defense because you’ll have no idea that’s what he’s casting.
- Likes a little mischief. He picks locks and breaks curfew for the hell of it.
- If he needs to be alone, you can probably find him in the astronomy tower but I urge caution because…he wants to be alone.
- He’s not ‘anti-social’ or ‘shy’, he’s just quiet. Though he may come off that way sometimes. He just has a habit of not really speaking unless it’s actually relevant for him to say something.
- This kid is a mess, though.
- Like a hot mess. Most of your Ravenclaws are in pristine condition (AKA JINYOUNG). They look like they live in a library and don’t have a single hair out of place. Mark looks like he is perpetually hung over and just rolled out of bed.
- He doesn’t bother with a vest or the robes. He literally has no time for that nonsense. As for the white shirt? It’s tucked in…sort of…kind of? It’s kind of in and kind of not. Just kind of there. Sleeves are always rolled up to the elbow because otherwise they get in the way. And yes, his tie IS a little off centered and crooked. Telling him this will earn you more sass than you were prepared for.
- And let’s not get started on the hair. It’s just a mess. He runs his fingers through it and by the 8AM it looks like he hasn’t brushed it in a week or he had a rough night with a certain somebody.
- Speaking of rough sex, Mark is dating Jackson. The entire school is confused by the quiet and slightly awkward Ravenclaw dating the loudest and rambunctious Jackson Wang. But their dynamic works, ok? Yin and Yang, people. Yin and Yang.
- On that note, do not TELL Mark that you think his boyfriend is obnoxious and rowdy and annoying. He’ll kick your ass. Not with magic, no. He will PHYSICALLY beat your ass. Mark is protective and possessive and he adores Jackson. Even when he’s being annoying.
- His best friends are Jinyoung and Youngjae. Jinyoung looking all picture perfect next to Mark who looks like he stumbled out of drunken Abercrombie magazine. It makes Youngjae laugh. They’re cute.
- Mark is the kid that you COULD ask for help on your homework and he would know all the answers, but actually going up to him and asking him for help is just out of the questions. Not in the stars. Can’t do it. Not today.
- Come exam time, it’s just best to stay out of his way. He practically lives in the library and he might as well have an IV of straight up caffeine to keep him up. His work space is…chaotic. There’s papers and quills and ink just….everywhere. Good lord, EVERYWHERE.
- Even Jackson knows better than to mess with him during exam time.
- He pops into the Great Hall for breakfast, downs a cup of coffee, kisses Jackson somewhere on the face (he’s good at getting the nostril but, hey, the nose is still ON the face so its a win for Mark), shoves a bagel in his mouth and sprints to the library with papers flying out behind him. This kid as shit to do.
- Mark also plays Quidditch. He’s actually the captain of their team, as well as one of their best chasers. Mark is obsessed with Quidditch and is determined as all hell to win the cup. Jackson thinks his team is gonna win, which only fuels Mark’s competitiveness.
- Mark is also the leader of the Silver Spears. The Silver Spears was a notorious and secretive dueling club in the 18th century that ‘allegedly’ only allowed students who had wands made of aspen to join. However, considering this club died out some time ago and Mark is now the new president, he gets to determine the entry rules and wand wood ain’t got nothing to do with it. Him and Jinyoung run the club together for funsies, though it’s turning into a much bigger thing than Mark originally thought it would, he’s happy with it.
- Speaking of wands, Mark’s has probably the neatest wand ever. It’s made of vine so one would think it has a decent flexibility, but Mark’s wand is a little funny. It is actually very stubborn. It does not like anybody who is not Mark. The last person who tried to use Mark’s wand, the wand became extremely temperamental and attacked them.
- Mark is basically the cutest Ravenclaw, ever. Yes he is insanely smart, fitting for his house. He is also courageous like a Gryffindor, loyal like a Hufflepuff, and cutthroat like a Slytherin. He’s very careful of the friends he chooses but he has had no problem making those friends in any house.
- Barriers? What barriers.
- But seriously, don’t give him tea. Istg. You’ll die.
*pictures and gifs aren’t mine. i made the moodboard but the pictures i got off of tumblr and google. credit to their respective owners.
Snape Appreciation Month Day 20: A Scene You Wanted in the Movies
(there are a few, so hold on)
- the riddle snape wrote for his part of the trap
- snape refereeing a quidditch game
- snape on a broom
- his face when lockhart suggested asking snape for a love potion
- his snarky comment of getting rid of the threat (snake) to harry during dueling club
- im torn between wanting the scene with black in poa to follow the book (thus showing the audience how petty sirius was, letting an unconscious snape hit his head in every beam in the tunnel for laughs) and keeping him conscious for the witty banter and to protect children from a werewolf
- didn’t dumbledore say snape conjured gurneys for all the students and brought them to the hospital wing? that. i want that.
- two words: grey nightgown
- “if you are prepared. if you are ready” “i am” ft. snape looking lowkey terrified
- every and any moment of snape goading sirius and vice versa that took place in grimmauld place
- that argument of who would teach harry occlumency
- a more detailed version of those lessons
- snape’s worst memory in full detail thanks
- harry’s detention where he found records of his father doing shitty things and his attempt at apologizing on the behalf of his father(that did happen right?? or was this just one fanfic too many??)
- harry being upset about the memory and voicing his concerns to remus and sirius, which would have added depth to his character (my boy hp literally cares about everyone)
- did anyone ever mention that snape had indeed checked up on sirius?
- more details on the scene in spinners end
- him teaching defense against the dark arts
- “ghosts are transparent”
- the counter course to sectumsempra was supposed to be sung and quite beautiful
- that comment he made about potter having the guts to use dark magic in such an offhand tone, like drag him
- roonil wazlib
- “i know what a nickname is, potter”
- “i am the half-blood prince!” scene needed to be more dramatic imo
- snape using the portrait of phineas nigellus to keep track of the children
- “dont use that word”
- him begging voldemort to let him find potter
- it just feels more intense than “you have your mothers eyes” ya feel?
- every single detail of his memories. every single word spoken in that chapter
- “severus snape was never yours! he was dumbledores!”
tl;dr: any time snape as much breathed should have been in the movie
The court was a place of secrets and shadows, an idea that seemed at odds with its constant warm candlelight and folds upon folds of complex, beautiful fabrics. Reyna felt the weight of the blade strapped to her thigh seem to increase, and was reminded that the prettiest things were always the most treacherous.
Enjolras: Defense Against the Dark Arts. He beat his supposed doppelganger, Gilderoy Lockhart, in a Dueling Club match in second year. Lockhart has never forgiven him.
Combeferre: Arithmancy. He tends to use Arithmancy to predict larger-scale things, such as their rebellion against the corrupt Ministry, and guide their actions in light of what Arithmancy reveals, but he’s also used it to predict things like: “Which bow tie should I wear?’ or ‘Which glasses will meet with Courfeyrac’s approval?’
Courfeyrac: Muggle Studies. Because Muggle-born and Muggle rights are the center of their cause, and he admires their culture. Researched Muggle fashion, especially, so he doesn’t wear something ridic, like floaties and knee-high boots with a suit.
Joly: Potions. Thought he had dragon pox in first year, and after Madame Pomfrey refused to give him anything because he wasn’t ill, Madame Pomfrey gave him a placebo. He felt better ten minutes later. (Pomfrey has gotten to know him so well he’s almost like her son.) He’s never forgotten that the "cure” was a potion.
Bossuet: Care of Magical Creatures. The class is like a small contained version of Australia, where everything wants to kill you, but Bossuet can’t help but love all of the creatures. (He does find his ways of getting them not to kill him, although they’re a TAD unorthodox.) He moves to Australia after graduation and becomes the Wizarding Steve Irwin.
Grantaire: Transfiguration. He often wishes he could be another, more beautiful person. He uses this to make beautiful art through Transfiguration.
Jehan: Astronomy. Wizarding astronomers know of the work of Muggle astronomers, giving a sense of worldly connection. Like we’re all in this together. And on top of the way that Astronomy speaks of an entire world that might be beyond our knowledge, Jehan’s HOOKED.
Bahorel: Charms. He can’t deny an attraction to darker charms, such as jinxes and hexes. He often practices with Enjolras. But most of the time, he uses charms to change his appearance. He’s grateful he doesn’t have to mess around with make-up when his fingers aren’t dexterous, but he regrets it sometimes when he does things like accidentally remove his eyebrows.
Feuilly: History of Magic. It means everything to him that the Wizarding World chose him and accepted him, so he pays it back in kind by knowing it well. When he discovers that there are factions in this world that don’t like him, he’s disappointed but uses his disappointment to make things right.