Ireland vs Storm Ophelia
Okay so thought I’d let you tumblr guys know some stuff/warnings about Storm Ophelia
- It’s due to hit Monday 16th (aka tomorrow). Apparently Kerry will face it around 6am.
- There is a red weather warning for Galway, Mayo, Clare, Cork and Kerry, Limerick, Waterford and Wexford.
- The rest of the country has an Orange weather warning but that can probably change so be aware
- There is a high chance of power cuts so remember to get lots of bottled water, torches, candles etc.
- Charge your phone to 100% and if there are power outages DO NOT use your phone in case you need it for an emergency. Read a book instead or something.
- In case of floods protect all important documents and stuff. Put all valuable items in high presses.
- Stock up on food too (Last time we had a storm this bad we forgot to buy food for the house and it was awful)
- For people who have anxiety about the storm remember that this is only temporary weather and do whatever you can to keep yourself calm. Whether that is reading, drawing or keeping yourself busy by cleaning the house. The storm won’t last forever and I promise you’ll be safe.
- Check whether or not your school/work has been cancelled to avoid any unnecessary travel
Okay that’s all I can think of at the moment but if anyone wants to add anything to the list feel free to write away. Stay safe Xx