Period To Do List
For me and all my fellow sisters who feel distanced from Allah during their period. This is a list of things I want to implement into my life during that week. But first, download Quran Explorer on your phone/tablet.
Wake up for fajr, and do your Morning Remembrance.
Make wudhu as you would when you would pray. Sit down on the floor or on your bed. Close your eyes.
- Recite Surah Fatiha, slowly.
- Recite Surah Ikhlaas 3x.
- Recite Ayatul Kursi.
- Read Surah Yaseen | Everything has a heart and the heart of the Quran is Surah Yaseen, whoever read Yaseen, Allah will write the reward of reading the Quran ten times from him. [Tirmidhi]
- Tasbeeh Fatima | SubhanAllah 33x, Alhamdulilah 33x, AllahuAkbar 34x
- Dua for Forgiveness | Rabbana zalamna anfusana wa in lam taghfirlana watar hamna lana koonanna minal khasireen [Surah Al-Araf, Verse 23] | Our Lord ! we have sinned against ourselves and unless You grant us forgiveness and bestow Your mercy upon us, we shall most certainly be lost.
- Salutations to the Prophet SAW | Allaahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama salayta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed. Allaahumma baarik ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala aali Muhammad kama baarakta ‘ala Ibraaheem wa ‘ala aali Ibraaheem, innaka hameedun majeed | Allah and the angels send salutations to the Prophet SAW [Surah Al-Ahzaab, Verse 56]
Replace each of the five prayers with these rembrances.
And remember your Nighttime Remembrances too.
And use Quran Explorer - pick one surah, and read parts of it throughout your day.