Recently Introduced Lore Tidbits
- Using lime, ash and the fossilized bark of ancient trees, Demacians create petricite; magic absorbing stone with which they built their walls.
- Sometimes known as silver steel or rune steel, Demacian steel is coveted for its durability, light weight and its unique interactions with magic.
- Garen and Lux are siblings of the Crownguard family, who traditionally serve as the royal protectors.
- Fiora serves as the head of House Laurent in Demacia, a position she claimed upon killing her father in a duel.
- Native to the rocky crags of northern Demacia are the rare, ferocious Raptors. Only a few individuals have been known to befriend and ride these beasts.
- Galio was created over a period of two years by a legendary Demacian sculptor named Durand.
- Demacia’s army is often outnumbered, but is arguably the most elite, well-trained army in Runeterra.
- Garen left home to join the Dauntless Vanguard, one of Demacia’s most elite military forces, when he was only twelve years old.
Quinn and her twin brother Caleb were born in the rural Demacian town of Uwendale.
- The capital city of the Noxian Empire was founded around the Immortal Bastion; the citadel of a dreaded revenant who terrorized Valoran for centuries.
- Basilisks of the Kumungu are sometimes raised from eggs as Noxian war beasts.
- Drakehounds, a distant relative of dragons, are kept by some rich, and perhaps foolish, Noxians as pets.
- Warmasons are tasked by Noxus not only to plot and plan infrastructure, but also to scout out enemy territory for future invasions.
- The sisters Katarina and Cassiopeia are a part of the Du Couteau family; one of the most prestigious noble houses in Noxus.
- With his dying breath, Sion killed Jarvan I. The King’s crown now serves as Sion’s jaw.
- Gateways of dark stone known as Noxtoraa are raised over roads in territories conquered by Noxus.
- The Brackern, a race of enormous, crystal-bodied scorpions, slumber in the sands beneath a hidden valley in Shurima.
o Sai Kahleek is one of Shurima’s most feared deserts, as it is populated by the ravenous Xer'Sai.
- Many Voidborn have names originating from the ancient Shuriman language.
- Above the city of Nashramae stands a replica Sun Disc, built long ago to honor the lost legacy of ancient Shurima.
- In the Shuriman city of Nashramae, a festival is held celebrating Rammus. Thousands gather to roll and somersault around the city in his honor.
o Within the bowels of Shurima’s capital lies the “Oasis of the Dawn,” from which almost all rivers in the land flow from.
- Some Shuriman nomads have created entire towns upon the backs of the Dormun; enormous, armor-plated beasts that wander the wastes.
- The Shuriman city of Zuretta is ruled by Hierophant Hadiya Nejem, who believes herself to be a descendant of the Ascended warrior Setaka.
- In Shurima, those who survived a failed Ascension ritual are known as the Baccai, who often are twisted and malformed.
- Rengar is one of the Kiilash, a vastayan tribe from Shurima.
o Jax’s favorite food is eggs, particularly those from a certain caravansary in the Shuriman city of Uzeris.
- Sivir’s crossblade, the Chalicar, once belonged to Setaka, an Ascended Warrior Queen of Shurima.
- Those Ascended by the Sun Disc of Shurima can live for thousands of years.
Piltover & Zaun
- The Incognium Runeterra in Piltover was designed to locate anyone in Runeterra, yet its creator mysteriously died before revealing the formula that powers it, leaving it inoperable.
- When Zaun’s plans to create a waterway between east and west Valoran went awry, Janna prevented thousands of deaths and is now revered by many as a goddess.
- Zaun’s wealthiest can often be found on the Promenade level of Zaun, which intersects with Piltover’s lowest regions.
- The Entresol level of Zaun is where most of the city’s trade and business occurs.
- The Sump comprises Zaun’s lower levels. Most of the working class live here, showcasing their vibrant culture.
- Ekko is one of the “Lost Children of Zaun,” a band of Zaunite youths known for their mischief across the city.
- Thanks to her hextech heart, Camille has managed to retain some of her youthful looks despite her age.
- The Ecliptic Vaults were once considered to be Piltover’s most secure bank, before Jinx breached its heavily reinforced walls.
- Caitlyn’s hextech rifle was crafted by her parents for her twenty-first birthday.
- Jayce’s transforming hammer is powered by a shard from a Brackern crystal from the depths of the Shuriman sands.
- When the human girl Orianna succumbed to poisonous fumes, her father Corin replaced her failing body parts with mechanical augments, transforming her into a lady of clockwork.
- Before becoming a member of the Wardens, Vi wielded a pair of gauntlets taken from a chem-powered mining golem.
- Hextech is the fusion of magic and technology, harnessing the power contained within extremely rare crystals.
- Piltover is the center of mercantile trade in Valoran.
- Zaun’s powerful Chem-Barons keep a loose alliance that prevents the city from descending into chaos.
- The Zaun Gray is the thick, chemical atmosphere of Zaun that can be fatal to breathe where densely settled.
- Artifacts of True Ice hold incredible power, but only the Iceborn can wield them.
- Before becoming an Ice Witch, Lissandra was permanently blinded by an Ursine’s claws.
- Legends speak of how Avarosa, ancient queen of the Freljord, was killed by her own sister.
- Tribes in the Freljord are generally ruled by a Warmother. Under them are their bloodkin, steelskins, clawleaders, sisters, icewalkers, thralls, champions and other ranks.
Champions are usually husbands to the warmother, and are the biggest bastards in the tribe.