Is the future of DJing here?
Smithson Martin has came out with the ‘world’s first and only-dedicated multi-touch midi controller PC software for professional DJ and music’ named Emulator. Emulator currently only works with Traktor Pro but is in development to work with Ableton, Serato, Virtual DJ and others.
You can pick up the software and run it on your own touch-screen for a price tag of $249 USD. If you would like the complete Emulator Professional Multi-Touch DJ System be prepared to pay a whopping price tag of (depending on the options you choose):
Emulator 32″ Dual $3,875.00
Emulator 32″ 6-Touch $4,875.00
Emulator 42″ Dual $4,275.00
Emulator 42″ 6-Touch $5,975.00
The complete system hardware solution is the transparent screen you see in the video and also includes:
- Emulator Multi-Touch Screen (dual touch or six touch) in 32″ or 42″ versions
- Emulator Software (lifetime upgrades and support)
- Emulator custom stand with projector mount
- 2200 lumen short throw projector
- Technical support and lifetime software upgrades.
Many people argue this wont be the future for disc jockeys due to the fact theres no scratching, beat juggling, drumming ect. What do you think? Is this the future for DJing?
For more information: http://www.smithsonmartin.com/