im fuckign. writing a burrens married in vegas au. and i need some ideas as to why they wouldn't immediately get the marriage annulled. (side info: john got drunk bc it's vegas; aaron got drunk bc that's how he's been coping with theo sr's death (kind of hesitant over That being a Thing); and it's probably gonna be Really Long with the epilogue being their actual marriage a year later)
UMM I LOVE
Okay for why they don’t get a divorce right away:
1) maybe their friends found out and they got married and they gotta pretend that they meant to.
2) john being a politicians son and burr being a politician in general they gotta keep a face to the press but the news already got out about the wedding and it would look very bad in both their lights if they immediately divorce.
1) maybe Burr was upset about being out with them and wanted to drink to forget.
2) Burr is drinking because of his breakup with Theo after finding out she was married (i know a stretch but).
3) maybe he’s drinking cause he’s annoyed with Alex and John’s relationship (really he’s jealous but he doesn’t understand yet.)
IF YOU DO WRITE THIS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASSEE TAG ME IN THE UPDATE