Rule 1: Post the rules Rule 2: Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones. Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to your post Rule 4: Let them know they’ve been tagged. (I will do this later because this is my last night in my own bed for a while and I intend to sleep for as long as I can.)
Tagged by captainhardypines
1. Scene in a book/movie/fic that is so awesome you have it memorized.
-Practically any scene in The Dark Knight that features the Joker
2. Book you can’t stop telling people about?
-My Heart is a Hate-Filled Pineapple by Joel Watson (It’s a collection of comics from his webcomic HiJinksEnsue which you all should check out)
3. Song that makes you dance to yourself.
-Girl Like You by Edwyn Collins
4. Something you wished someone would say to you.
-I wish someone would yell at me to write (I constantly have “writer’s block”)
5. Someone hands you an open plane ticket. Where are you going to go?
6. You have to change your identity. What’s your new name, where would you be from and what would your parents do?
-Remedy Jones, from Boston. My Mother is a CEO of some major corporation, and my father runs a motorcycle shop
7. Favorite childhood memory?
-Don’t really have one
8. A tradition you want to continue with future generations?
-Christmas movie night
9. Food that makes you salivate at the thought.
10. Favorite TV episode?
- I have several, but the top couple are: Patterns of Force (Star Trek: TOS Season 2), Episode 7 of Series 2 of Life on Mars (UK Version), and Utopia/The Sound of Drums/Last of The Time Lords story arc of Doctor Who
1) You’re stranded on an island, with your number 1 celebrity crush, and the only way off the island is to show them your tumblr. How fucked are you?
2) Sort of a tie in to the first question: Who would the celebrity crush be?
3) Which Captain Jack: Harkness or Sparrow?
4) You are offered the chance to use a reality jumper to insert yourself into your favorite universe. What sort of havoc would you wreak?
5) If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you choose that food to be?
6) Which of the Seven Deadly Sins do you most represent? (Lust, Sloth, Gluttony, Envy, Pride, Wrath, Greed)
7) Alternately, which of the Seven Heavenly Virtues do you represent? (Chastity, Diligence, Temperance, Kindness, Humility, Patience, Charity)
8) If you could wish into existence a fictional place, what would it be? (Must already exist in books/movies/tv shows/other media)
9) If the soundtrack to your life was going to be one viral video, on loop, what would it be?
10) Old sci-fi/horror movie that best describes your life? (Plan nine from outer space, attack of the fifty foot woman, etc)
11) If you could live in any other era, with no repercussions, which era would it be?
BONUS PEOPLE (Because I can’t leave you guys out of this)
Recently it was the lovely Josie's birthday, and so I thought I would write her a story. She asked that it involve clouds.
I feel kinda bad, because this story is more about me than her, and I originally intended adorable birthday adventures with sentient clouds. This is sticking your fingers out the window when you drive in the mountains and bringing them back in to lick tears off your skin. It’s holding a mirror up to your open chest to watch your heart clench closed and letting the steam from your guts fog it up. It’s self-centered in the way that telling the shapes you find in the clouds is self-centered, because that’s a story only you can know.
But it’s also a little bit odd and a little bit beautiful. So. Happy birthday from your self-important odd little arachnid of a friend. *clicky mandibles*