- The racist Cinco de Mayo antics have begun early this year.
- Baylor University’s chapter of the Kappa Sigma fraternity was temporarily suspended on Monday pending investigations by the university and the fraternity’s national organization, the Dallas Morning News reported.
- Photos circulating on Twitter showed partygoers wearing sombreros and serapes while DJing, drinking and dancing at the “Cinco de Drinko” party.
- According to the Waco Tribune-Herald, students reported that partygoers also dressed as construction workers and chanted “build that wall.”
- On Monday, hundreds of students voiced their disapproval of the party with an on-campus protest, according to the Baylor Lariat, a campus newspaper. The protest was called “Love Thy Neighbor.” Read more (5/2/17)