Lydia Edwards’ How to
Read a Dress covers nearly five centuries and makes quick work of some
complex sartorial times. Critic Genevieve Valentine says, after you read it, “Period-piece
TV will never look the same.”
1. write down how much you study over time, then write down how you did on the quiz/test. this will help you see the amount of studying is nessecary for you to get a good grade and fully learn the material!!!
2. make your study space smell fresh, preferably of mint. mint helps you focus and stay sharp. other good smells would be lemon, etc.
3. after studying for a long amount of time, go exercise for ~30 min. shower, get dressed, etc then review the info you had just been studying! you should come back fresher, and your brain is able to remember the info even better!
4. don’t always study in comfy/pj clothes. if you study a lot after school or classes, then it’s ok. but if all you plan on doing is studying for that day, for part of the day get dressed up! put on some business casual wear, that’s cute yet functional and do your hair, etc. this will put you in a “get shit done” mode.
5. after studying a unit/chapter, record yourself explaining it, as if to a person whose never heard of it. this helps SO MUCH. one, explaining/teaching helps you learn so much better, and two, you have a little video to review just before the test!!
6. study on the floor. if you have a carpeted area in your home, spread out all study materials, a white board, etc and study! it helps so much because you are comfertable and everything is within reach. do this if you need a break from desk studying.
This pineapple look has been a summer staple and I encourage every fat femme to go out and get yourself one! It’s a Cowcow dress from Amazon and it runs from x-small to xxx-large. I am wearing the 3x large and I am usually a size 28/30. These dresses stretch a lot so even if you don’t think you would fit into it, get one and try anyways! It is made out of very light jersey so it’s been a blessing in the summer.
Pineapple purse is from Torrid. (They’ve been making crossbody bags to fit fat bodies and I am so happy about it! The strap is 52 inches, I believe,)
Sagittarius: 👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my selｆ 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠＯOOＯOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit
Capricorn: *shoves breadsticks into purse*
Aquarius: “Why the fuck you lyin? Why you always lyin? Hmmmmmmohmygod. Stop fuckin lyin”
The Story You Don’t Know by Haenuli - Dress Review
Received this dress not long ago and I decided to get my blog back into some lengthier content; why not do a review on this popular dress? I was nearly going to pass it up because she released an art book of the drawings (I wasn’t able to snatch a hardcover but even the soft cover version had foil cover and inside had frosted pages with some interaction as you flip through it) BUT what did me over is the skeleton torso (not an original element as Dark Box had it back a while ago but I was hesitant to order due to order fulfillment issues from the past I just took a pass at it) and the upside down pentagram straps (always seen stuff with that on the back but never the front!).
One of my worries was the movement of these ribbons in case any of them were threaded however, they are sewn into the edges of the garment so you can get your nice star every time you put it on! The fabric straps are adjustable in length in the back at three lengths (a bit of an overkill; I’ll probably wear it a few times and remove the extra buttons and keep the one at the length I’d be using). Dress also has POCKETS! :D You can see along the seam of the pocket that the print matches alright - not perfectly but it’s way way way way less disheartening as my AP Royal Castle situation. Both sides of the seam of the skirt isn’t through the cameo and skull art portions so I’m not too fussy about some of it because I think it’s matched up to the wings (where the pocket is) which would be a bigger distraction if that didn’t line up. Going back to the torso, the darts with the ribs weren’t drawn to have a perfect match but both sides are equal and keep that general shape of the ribs vs. fit. (Apologies with the photo I didn’t realize I didn’t swivel the torso completely straight after pulling it over with the mannequin in order to zip it up but it does sit centered properly) Overall I’m pretty content with the dress; it’s gone back to the poly material she’s used for a long time and it does dampen my heart a little bit on it since a few of the other dresses previous were on chiffon and jaquard.
The Martian // Andy Weir Guys I loved this book. I can honestly say this was my quickest read this year (outside of the graphic novels of course). Even though so much is Math and Chemistry and Physics the narration from the character Mark Watney makes everything easy to follow and hilarious. Watney is smart but his “dumb” mistakes still feel realistic. The constantly evolving danger keeps you on the edge of your seat and the pure ingenuity and intelligence used to overcome the problems make astronauts the superheros of our world. God this was great.
Plot Synopsis: Six days into the Mars mission Ares 3, a freak sandstorm causes a mission failure and the six astronaut crew members are forced to abandon planet. Only five make it. Mark Watney is left stranded on Mars, believed dead by his crew, NASA, and everyone he knows. He must find a way to survive alone on an uninhabitable planet in a base built for a month long mission. To make things worse, Ares 4 will not arrive on Mars for four more years.